British Speedway Forum

Plymouth v Redcar 04/06

3 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

From the British Speedway website

The home side have two absences with Troy Batchelor stepping in at No.1 to guest for Nico Covatti, who has been suspended by the SCB for his non-appearance, whilst r/r covers for the unwell Dan Thompson.

Covatti correctly getting a ban for withholding his services, but Plymouth can be happy with that, as guests should strengthen them.

Seems a bit weird to suddenly not bother to come when he tried a comeback at Poole the other week. 

I presume that wasn’t a genuine comeback but a stunt to meet the ‘rode for the team this season criteria’ so the pathetic farce can be played out longer.Just another episode of this joke sport unfortunately.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lukeellis said:

I presume that wasn’t a genuine comeback but a stunt to meet the ‘rode for the team this season criteria’ so the pathetic farce can be played out longer.Just another episode of this joke sport unfortunately.

According to the SCB Press Release (at the end of the statement): "The Plymouth club have been informed that the facility will not be extended, therefore at the end of the 28 days either Mr Covatti must return or be replaced."

17 minutes ago, lukeellis said:

Yes,so they have another 28 days.Then think of something else!!

Nico could come back for another 2 rides then withdraw his services again and Plymouth could get another 28days facility.

1 hour ago, lukeellis said:

If Covatti didn't ride abroad, I'm sure they'd be allowed guests, possibly till the end of the season, but now they know he's not injured & is intact "withholding his services" the guest option is just for 28 days.

Obviously pleased with a Bears win and a solid team performance but it was a really poor watch. Every race was just about decided after bend 2 lap 1.

Think we saw 2 passes in the 15 heats. They showed a replay of Heat 2 and I thought it was in slow motion but it was just the 2 lads at the back tootling round to try and stay on. I know the rain caused some issues but track didn’t produce any meaningful racing all night.

On the plus side, good stream from Plymouth despite a few technical issues.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Obviously pleased with a Bears win and a solid team performance but it was a really poor watch. Every race was just about decided after bend 2 lap 1.

Think we saw 2 passes in the 15 heats. They showed a replay of Heat 2 and I thought it was in slow motion but it was just the 2 lads at the back tootling round to try and stay on. I know the rain caused some issues but track didn’t produce any meaningful racing all night.

On the plus side, good stream from Plymouth despite a few technical issues.

Went to Poole last week and that was twice as many passes as I saw that night after the 2nd bend of lap 1!

Challenging night for everyone down at the Coliseum from the team at Gladiators TV right through to the riders on track. As stressed on the stream at the start, that weather right before the meeting caught everybody out. Forecast only changed at 4pm and the showers pre-meeting really did make those early heats tricky.

Credit must go to both sets of riders, managers, the referee and the track staff who at no point complained about the situation and instead were all proactive in doing everything possible to get the meeting to reach its conclusion but once we got through heats 7+8, thankfully the weather calmed down.

As mentioned in the Plymouth thread, when it rains it pours for the Gladiators in recent times. Covatti not in team colours, Dan with Covid and Ben suffering a nasty clash with the fence on the backstraight after lifting off bend 2. Fingers crossed it’s nothing too serious and he can come back 100% when he’s ready. Spirited effort from the team, Troy Batchelor with a professional guest appearance, Kyle Newman and Alfie Bowtell with good nights too but ultimately Charles Wright was a class above and with the help of Jason Edwards, the Bears proved too strong on the night.

Still early days in the Gladiators season but they need to get that aggregate point next week against Berwick to really propel themselves into the mix. 

• Like 3