British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Redcar Bears 5th June

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not just us it seems. On the other thread Oxford also dry and dusty apparently. 

But I agree, more water was definitely needed and also more material on the inside! 

Back in the days of Poole vs Eastbourne there was always the blue groove on the inside at Wimborne Road.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hackett said:

Back in the days of Poole vs Eastbourne there was always the blue groove on the inside at Wimborne Road.

Yes, there was! I miss Poole Vs Eastbourne meetings. At least blue groove is normally a rarity these days. Shame it happened tonight. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well, Howarth has stolen next Weds for his testimonial so can't even attempt to do KO cup SF then and we are at Oxford on Weds 19th. So that only leaves the following week anyways. 

37 minutes ago, iainb said:

Would have thought they'd have put something on

Could they not race Workington in the BSN semis next Wednesday?

Yes the track was poop la poop tonight but I was with someone who thought the atmosphere at Poole was better than the track he usually attends!

So despite a lot of the dissatisfaction with the track Poole at least delivered on one thing against Redcar!

Another night of struggle for the Pirates which needs to be improved upon but at least we won when not at our best which is something champions are made of!

Was great to see Vinnie make his debut and he is looking the part as he rode with plenty of determination. Just needs to channel his aggression in the right direction a bit more because we don't want him flying through the air as he did!

Well done to the Boyzzzz :t:

*Pirates fixture change: Edinburgh away 21st June in the league is now Friday 23rd August 

Edited by lbw

8 hours ago, iainb said:

Would have thought they'd have put something on

hmm . try putting some shale on with a wee bit of water . that usually works for other tracks . Win board road is one small step op from Plymouths track . but its a close run thing  .

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

It's a bad decision in the sense that it should have been Lampart not Zach imo.

But Lampart is an Extraliga rider and becomes an asset, can see why they have kept him. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, j2ohh said:

hmm . try putting some shale on with a wee bit of water . that usually works for other tracks . Win board road is one small step op from Plymouths track . but its a close run thing  .

Do love a keyboard expert.

Think they know they messed up yesterday saw Danny in deep discussion with track guys after

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, there was! I miss Poole Vs Eastbourne meetings. At least blue groove is normally a rarity these days. Shame it happened tonight. 

It is funny how it keeps happening whenever the TV (BSN) cameras are in town though

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

It is funny how it keeps happening whenever the TV (BSN) cameras are in town though

First time BSN were at Poole this season. Watch the other streams (although I don't know if you have to buy by a certain time) and you will see the track is a lot better than that this season. Even last season there was no blue groove, some of last season's meetings were put on YT during the winter, so you can go and see for yourself. 

Edited by lisa-colette

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

First time BSN were at Poole this season. Watch the other streams (although I don't know if you have to buy by a certain time) and you will see the track is a lot better than that this season. Even last season there was no blue groove, some of last season's meetings were put on YT during the winter, so you can go and see for yourself. 

Yet whenever BSN televise a match it's dire,I genuinely wonder why?

There’s no denying the track last night was the worst it has been for a very long time. Though a question why they made it so slick has to be asked. The Poole riders were certainly caught out with their setups. It wasn’t dangerous. It just wasn’t conducive to good racing and there was little to blast around the boards. A shame as the crowd was decent and we now have no meeting for a month.

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Not just us it seems. On the other thread Oxford also dry and dusty apparently. 

But I agree, more water was definitely needed and also more material on the inside! 

Been the same at Berwick this year aswell to be honest, however the racing has actually been decent in quite a few meetings. 

Lots of fans go up and down the country just to see good racing and that’s not happening with such little dirt on very dry tracks. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BacktrackBandit said:

Been the same at Berwick this year aswell to be honest, however the racing has actually been decent in quite a few meetings. 

Lots of fans go up and down the country just to see good racing and that’s not happening with such little dirt on very dry tracks. 

I went to Oxford on Monday and after heat 1 I thought, oh no! we're in for a night to forget, as there were traces of dust coming from the track... but the track staff kept on top of it all night with regular watering and it was a corker of a match with close racing and passing right up until heat 15. So it can be done

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I went to Oxford on Monday and after heat 1 I thought, oh no! we're in for a night to forget, as there were traces of dust coming from the track... but the track staff kept on top of it all night with regular watering and it was a corker of a match with close racing and passing right up until heat 15. So it can be done

Yes that is true, no idea why the track was like it was last night, havent seen a blue groove for years. It certainly didn't help us and our riders seemed to be caught out. Edwards seems to have improved lately and made a couple of decent passes early on and the only interesting thing was the fluctuating scoreline which was worrying for most of the meeting.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There’s no denying the track last night was the worst it has been for a very long time. Though a question why they made it so slick has to be asked. The Poole riders were certainly caught out with their setups. It wasn’t dangerous. It just wasn’t conducive to good racing and there was little to blast around the boards. A shame as the crowd was decent and we now have no meeting for a month.

Keep an eye out for BSN Series and KO Cup dates...........!!