British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Redcar Bears 5th June

13 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Every week showing up another Poole disaster. Red lights, starting gate, ambulance, very under prepared track. All the signs are there. Awaiting abuse from the pensioners.

And another 2pts to go top of the league, don't you just love being a Poole fan 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Ah yes, the mythical top of the qualifying group trophy, Poole’s favourite topic, pathetic.

Don't you just love being a Poole supporter 

52 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

If you dont win meetings you wont even make the qualifying group 

AHH , thats where everyone else is going wrong . thanks .

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

And another 2pts to go top of the league, don't you just love being a Poole fan 

14 hours ago, Trackrat said:

As you well know, means absolutely nothing.

Actually it does mean something, if you are top of the league then you are further clear of 5th, so more likely to make the top 4.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Actually it does mean something, if you are top of the league then you are further clear of 5th, so more likely to make the top 4.

They're all out this morning.

5 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Poole are quite clearly the hot favourites to win the league they have built up a strong team as always and will no doubt be top 

What I don’t like is time and time again they bin off a Brit for no real reason …. Poole are winning matches and often comfortably… if Max is only scoring 1 or 2 but you winning then why move him on?? Is this Foord going to bang in match changing scores like 6 or 7 or will it just be 3 and 4 which in all fairness you are better off giving young Max the opportunity …. He had a horror crash last season and he needs time to come back from that and the fact he is racing at a higher level …… if Poole are simply going to sack him this early in the season then they shouldn’t have signed him at all .. did they expect him to come back and get 6 or 7 every week…. Sorry I think it’s poor 

I would say when Max gets into a points scoring position he is more than capable of holding it but Vinnie really goes for it 110% and looks better at passing. Just my opinion though.

Also who expects a two pointer to get 6-7? That's ridiculous if anyone does expect that. The aim should be 2 and anything over that is a bonus. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Poole are quite clearly the hot favourites to win the league they have built up a strong team as always and will no doubt be top 

What I don’t like is time and time again they bin off a Brit for no real reason …. Poole are winning matches and often comfortably… if Max is only scoring 1 or 2 but you winning then why move him on?? Is this Foord going to bang in match changing scores like 6 or 7 or will it just be 3 and 4 which in all fairness you are better off giving young Max the opportunity …. He had a horror crash last season and he needs time to come back from that and the fact he is racing at a higher level …… if Poole are simply going to sack him this early in the season then they shouldn’t have signed him at all .. did they expect him to come back and get 6 or 7 every week…. Sorry I think it’s poor 

I for one was disappointed that young Max was dropped, but having said that, it's not doing his confidence any good, getting zero every match and trailing behind at the back, he was getting lots of help from his teammates, but still it wasn't happening for him. Perhaps in the future he can come back, in the meantime we have to support another young Brit in Vinnie, who despite not scoring on Wednesday, was well in the mix 

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

Which Brits have Poole time and time again 'binned off' for no reason?

C'mon Gav name names!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I would say when Max gets into a points scoring position he is more than capable of holding it but Vinnie really goes for it 110% and looks better at passing. Just my opinion though.

Also who expects a two pointer to get 6-7? That's ridiculous if anyone does expect that. The aim should be 2 and anything over that is a bonus. 

And there lies in my point 

If Max is getting 1 or 2 points a week and Foord is only getting 3 or 4 is there really a need to sack Perry? 

11 minutes ago, Gavan said:

If Max is getting 1 or 2 points a week and Foord is only getting 3 or 4 is there really a need to sack Perry? 

Cud be the difference between winning & losing a meeting those couple of extra points or an aggregate win which is very important come the business end of the season.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

If he was getting one or two points I doubt he would be sacked, he was getting zero unless a breakdown happened and yes Foord got zero in his first meeting but he looked more likely to score and one or two points in a tight meeting may make all the difference. I think if you have a chance to improve the team you do it every time. 

• Like 2

On 6/6/2024 at 5:47 PM, Trackrat said:

Every week showing up another Poole disaster. Red lights, starting gate, ambulance, very under prepared track. All the signs are there. Awaiting abuse from the pensioners.

Just to let you know, Rory been injured at Scunthorpe, there waiting for the ambulance to come and sort him out, not just at Poole