British Speedway Forum

Redcar v Glasgow, 2nd tier comp, 1/6/24, 5:00 pm

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Worrall for Basso and Flint for Vissing has been seriously underwhelming.

Indeed, we have been left with a very soft middle order and inconsistent reserves where its going to be hard enough to win home meetings. I don't think Complin could have filled the gaps or made up for the low scoring of some. His situation is unforeseen and not the fault of anyone at the club. Some of the others not so.

If we don't make changes over our now 3 week fixture gap, I don't think we will make them at all. Perhaps it is time to bring in an unknown from abroad and let them get used to the track and us get a good look at them. Heaven forbid it be a Dane.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gazc said:

Just read our Manager and the Groundhog Day interview, it is just getting a tad tedious but entirely predictable.

He’s also not very good at maths - claiming that Pearsons falls cost the team 4 points and would have resulted in a 46-44 defeat.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

The one point that everyone seems to be missing with the bin Starke, bin Worral,bin flint is who do you bring in? I think without consulting my notepad we have 1.4 ish under the team building average to spare.

If you get rid of Starke you have 4.7 to play with, that means you can only bring in a rider who hasn't set foot in any professional league (including polish under 21's) to get an assessed 4 points average. There are no British riders that aren't currently riding with an average that fits. Replacing Ace would result in the exact same scenario.

Any premier League rider will hit us with a 1.5x increase on his average, with the majority riding in Poland it'll be difficult to get one that can ride on a Friday night?

Could they coax Ben Basso back since Lodz and kings Lynn aren't really going anywhere?

The reality is there isn't a great deal of choice.

• Like 5

That’s criminal from Worrall. It’s so poor.

Good to see Flint in amongst the points again. Two heat wins at Armadale on Friday night and another two last night shows momentum, so hopefully he can keep that going.

What’s happened to Pijper? He seems so far off the pace, it’s scary. I was picking my arse at 17 years-old and he’s a professional speedway rider, so this isn’t an outright attack on the boy, but he’s really struggled this weekend.

19 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

He’s also not very good at maths - claiming that Pearsons fall cost the team 4 points and would have resulted in a 46-44 defeat.

50  - 40    dif  10 points     48 - 42   dif  6 points       10-6  = 4 polnts  

• Haha 1

On 6/2/2024 at 12:03 AM, Cast1rn said:

The one point that everyone seems to be missing with the bin Starke, bin Worral,bin flint is who do you bring in? I think without consulting my notepad we have 1.4 ish under the team building average to spare.

If you get rid of Starke you have 4.7 to play with, that means you can only bring in a rider who hasn't set foot in any professional league (including polish under 21's) to get an assessed 4 points average. There are no British riders that aren't currently riding with an average that fits. Replacing Ace would result in the exact same scenario.

Any premier League rider will hit us with a 1.5x increase on his average, with the majority riding in Poland it'll be difficult to get one that can ride on a Friday night?

Could they coax Ben Basso back since Lodz and kings Lynn aren't really going anywhere?

The reality is there isn't a great deal of choice.

Any Team will struggle too make significant changes these days with the low points limit.Most riders can just about ride to their average.Think a few fans were questioning this years signings before the season even started and they have been proved right.You are still watching exciting speedway though which is a bonus.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2024 at 10:26 PM, Jaizer said:

Worrall either needs to improve dramatically or go. If no like for like then double change to strengthen middle order. Has he scored double figures all season? Providing no backup to bomber. Seasons probably gone now tbf hope we look at some new exciting signings let get new averages and accustomed to league 

Would that mean Flint being the second heat leader then?