British Speedway Forum

Redcar v Glasgow, 2nd tier comp, 1/6/24, 5:00 pm

Well a rare Saturday meeting at the ECCO arena. It’s obviously caught people out, as nobody has started a thread yet, either that or there’s not much interest. 
The teams are expected to line up as follows, but to be confirmed:-

Redcar Agilia Bears. 

1- Charles Wright (c) 

2- Connor Bailey 

3- Dan Gilkes 

4- Jason Edwards 

5- Tate Zischke (G)

6- Ben Trigger 

7- Jake Mulford

Glasgow Tigers 

1 Chris Harris (c) 

2 Paul Starke 

3 Leon Flint 

4 James Pearson 

5 Steve Worrall 

6 Jack Smith 

7 Ace Pjiper 

I’m going too hazard a guess here and say we will suffer another defeat but be told it’s ok because they showed more fight today,  but the 15 last places we suffered was our downfall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

I’m going too hazard a guess here and say we will suffer another defeat but be told it’s ok because they showed more fight today,  but the 15 last places we suffered was our downfall.

Or a bad day at the office. :rolleyes:

55 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Or a bad day at the office. :rolleyes:

Looks like it Redcar have not won a meeting this season but Glasgow rock up and have the usual bad day at the office.

Its now getting laughable that someone thought putting this team together would be competitive.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Looks like it Redcar have not won a meeting this season but Glasgow rock up and have the usual bad day at the office.

Its now getting laughable that someone thought putting this team together would be competitive.

I genuinely thought Worrall was a really good signing for you. 

• Like 1

you need claus back . he would fit in well in the red n white suit  as he  is avin a not so good season . his average fixing  must be almost complete by now .  so come on Glasgow , sign viss up, please .  go on , you know its for the greater gppd ..

11 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

I genuinely thought Worrall was a really good signing for you. 

He doesn't have the comfort of a gate first and win home track, and is lost on our racers circuit. Away from home has been very inconsistent.

I think he will improve as the season goes on but still remain astounded we thought he was the right rider for Ashfield.

• Like 3

First the good points from a Redcar perspective. A WIN! and we have had precious few this year. A good solid team performance with 6 of the team getting at least a paid win. Good home debut from Gilkes, Bailey looked much better and Tate contributed well as a guest.

The bad points were the delayed start (I know sometimes these things happen) and the amount of time it took with lots of grading/watering breaks meant the meeting felt disjointed. The racing too was very processional for the most part with most races decided by the end of lap 1. 3 late 5-1’s to Glasgow made the score closer than it looked like it was going to be and might prevent the Bears getting the bonus point. But given the season we have had so far, I’ll take the points.

For Glasgow, Harris was excellent as always and Flint ended with 2 wins, but the rest didn’t offer much support and Worrall was very disappointing.Hope Pearson isn’t too badly injured too.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

First the good points from a Redcar perspective. A WIN! and we have had precious few this year. A good solid team performance with 6 of the team getting at least a paid win. Good home debut from Gilkes, Bailey looked much better and Tate contributed well as a guest.

The bad points were the delayed start (I know sometimes these things happen) and the amount of time it took with lots of grading/watering breaks meant the meeting felt disjointed. The racing too was very processional for the most part with most races decided by the end of lap 1. 3 late 5-1’s to Glasgow made the score closer than it looked like it was going to be and might prevent the Bears getting the bonus point. But given the season we have had so far, I’ll take the points.

For Glasgow, Harris was excellent as always and Flint ended with 2 wins, but the rest didn’t offer much support and Worrall was very disappointing.Hope Pearson isn’t too badly injured too.

Gate and go at Redcar these days, sad to see!

Agree with everything else though.

Edited by Robinh88

31 minutes ago, Diablo said:

1 win in 6 for the tigers now & 4 defeats in a row is very alarming…Cami is missing the team photos 

Did he speed off early like he did at Workington the other week? Glad he’s not our team manager cause he’s the biggest baby*** I’ve ever come across.

• Like 1

Worrall either needs to improve dramatically or go. If no like for like then double change to strengthen middle order. Has he scored double figures all season? Providing no backup to bomber. Seasons probably gone now tbf hope we look at some new exciting signings let get new averages and accustomed to league 

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Worrall either needs to improve dramatically or go. If no like for like then double change to strengthen middle order. Has he scored double figures all season? Providing no backup to bomber. Seasons probably gone now tbf hope we look at some new exciting signings let get new averages and accustomed to league 

He's scored 9,9,9,3 at home, and 11,9,6,6 away, the 11 being at Workington.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

If we make changes now seasons far from over, only done 3 league matches so far and one of those was a win. Worrall would be top of the chopping block for me with Starke.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MB723 said:

If we make changes now seasons far from over, only done 3 league matches so far and one of those was a win. Worrall would be top of the chopping block for me with Starke.

Worrall for Basso and Flint for Vissing has been seriously underwhelming.

• Like 2