British Speedway Forum

Birmingham v Ipswich KOC June 3rd

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Dan T is the rising star

Yes but he’s out so who is the Rising Star replacing him or one in main body does that go out if the window?  If so massive loophole to be able to ride without a Rising Star

43 minutes ago, 4BM said:

Who is the Ipswich Rising Star?  Edwards isn’t classed as one this year is he with being at number 6 for Sheffield? 

I questioned that on FB. I got the impression Edwards is no longer a RS after he wasn't used as one for Sheffield?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

On the BSPA website Jason Edwards is listed as a 2024 Rising Star

On another post it was suggested to me that if Edwards was dropped by Sheffield he couldn't sign for another club as a RS as he had "given that up for the season" how true that is, I don't know?

On 6/1/2024 at 12:31 PM, Brummies_Ste said:

BIRMINGHAM: 1. Tom Brennan 6.64 2. Wiktor Lampart 4.63 3. Zach Cook 4.84 4. Justin Sedgmen 5.07 5. Steve Worrall 6.19 © 6. Piotr Pawlicki 4.48 7. Leon Flint (RS). Team Manager: Sam Ermolenko

IPSWICH: 1. R/R for Jason Doyle 9.36 2. Dan Thompson 4.46 (RS) 3. Scott Nicholls (G) 7.50 4. Norick Blödorn (G) 5.95 5. Emil Sayfutdinov 9.24 © 6. Keynan Rew 4.15 7. Jordan Jenkins 4.00. Team Manager: Ritchie Hawkins

Now that Worrall is ruled out, is it not possible for B'ham to redeclare their line-up and have R/R at no.3/4.....surely that would make more sense with Pawlicki being used as and when ?

24 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

On the BSPA website Jason Edwards is listed as a 2024 Rising Star

I think that's right.  One is the minimum but don't think anything prevents a team using two Rising Stars if they want to.

21 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

On another post it was suggested to me that if Edwards was dropped by Sheffield he couldn't sign for another club as a RS as he had "given that up for the season" how true that is, I don't know?

All this Rising Star stuff is very  confusing 

Edited by hammer1969
Missing text

4 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Freddy Hodder now guests in place of Dan Thompson who has Covid

OMG get well soon Dan, we're now 4 down with 3 to go, this is getting ridiculous Chris and Ritchie will need some massive headache pills before the end of the week.  What's the isolation rules, just hope the rest of the team aren't affected.

Edited by hammer1969
Added more text

It's a tricky one for sure... Yes, Dan T is a rising star, but he is in the main body of the team based on his average - therefore logic (and I know this is where my comment falls down with british speedway) suggests that you would go like for like... If you have to get a guest for a rising star, at least let the club put them at number 7 and have said club temporarily re-jig their line up, so you push one of the current reserves back into the main body of the team...

Poor Freddy riding at number 2, especially with R/R at number 1!?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, MP78 said:

It's a tricky one for sure... Yes, Dan T is a rising star, but he is in the main body of the team based on his average - therefore logic (and I know this is where my comment falls down with british speedway) suggests that you would go like for like... If you have to get a guest for a rising star, at least let the club put them at number 7 and have said club temporarily re-jig their line up, so you push one of the current reserves back into the main body of the team...

Poor Freddy riding at number 2, especially with R/R at number 1!?

It would be logical to be allowed a replacement to his average since he has done so well.But this is Speedway we are talking about .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Will Scott sign for Ipswich ? Thursday night racing would fit his tv career commitments :-)

But would be no good for all the Monday live matches on Eurosport. 

12 minutes ago, kevin bass said:

Scotty can multi task and jump from his bike over to the mic as he's already in the pits:D 

I think I have a better solution - Chris and Ritchie can get their kevlars on  after all they are with the team at all the meetings 

1 minute ago, kevin bass said:

Well it can't get any worse hopefully:blink:

I might not go on Thursday just incase they are asking for volunteer riders at the gate (joke before anyone thinks I'm being serious).  I suppose all Chris and Ritchie can do now is grin and bear it.  By the way are all the flights from Poland on time today?