British Speedway Forum

Birmingham v Ipswich KOC June 3rd

18 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Emil aside, the Ipswich team looks average at best. You’d expect Pawlicki to do some damage at reserve. Name of the game for the Witches tonight is to keep it close enough to give us the chance of winning the tie on Thursday. The final isn’t until September so if we can manage to get through here, it’ll give us the opportunity to get the team sorted and settled.

Rew will probably have to take at least one R/R ride for Doyle so put him in heat one to get dialled in before heat two. 

Agree with you, just had a thought  will they use Scott as a guest on Thursday? He can't ride for us but presumably he can for them :unsure: 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Badge said:

Agree with you, just had a thought  will they use Scott as a guest on Thursday? He can't ride for us but presumably he can for them :unsure: 

I’m not sure Badge, the rule says “track within an 8 day period” not “Team”. Beerhut also quoted this to me the other day..

“a rider may ride as a guest (in an official meeting) at a track only once in an 8 day period (within that league) excluding Play Offs, unless he is replacing the home teams #1 or is ONLY declared in a National Development League Team”

Hawkins said after Thursday that we couldn’t use him again this week because of the 8 day rule, has he got that wrong? If the above is correct, he can guest for Doyle at 1 but not for King or Ellis. 

I’m sure someone who is more clued up on these rules than me will soon clarify if that’s the case

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

Read a report Steve worrall was taken in ill in daugapils at the weekend believe he is in hospital :o

I’m hearing Thompson is a doubt with illness also and Ipswich have another rider on standby. Much has been made of meetings being postponed unnecessarily this season but I think this is a case of a meeting that is justified in being postponed. It’s starting to look a bit farcical. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’m not sure Badge, the rule says “track within an 8 day period” not “Team”. Beerhut also quoted this to me the other day..

“a rider may ride as a guest (in an official meeting) at a track only once in an 8 day period (within that league) excluding Play Offs, unless he is replacing the home teams #1 or is ONLY declared in a National Development League Team”

Hawkins said after Thursday that we couldn’t use him again this week because of the 8 day rule, has he got that wrong? If the above is correct, he can guest for Doyle at 1 but not for King or Ellis. 

I’m sure someone who is more clued up on these rules than me will soon clarify if that’s the case

Scott can be used but only as a guest#1, ie., for Jason. 

• Like 1

BIRMINGHAM will be without skipper Steve Worrall for tonight’s (Monday, June 3, 7.30pm) home clash against Ipswich.

The 32-year-old was taken ill yesterday and was diagnosed with labyrinthitis after attending hospital.

Rider replacement will operate with his all six of his Brummies’ team-mates eligible to cover his programmed rides.

35 minutes ago, Brummies_Ste said:

BIRMINGHAM will be without skipper Steve Worrall for tonight’s (Monday, June 3, 7.30pm) home clash against Ipswich.

The 32-year-old was taken ill yesterday and was diagnosed with labyrinthitis after attending hospital.

Rider replacement will operate with his all six of his Brummies’ team-mates eligible to cover his programmed rides.

My sympathies to Steve, that's awful to suffer from

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Perhaps someone who knows how to contact or can contact Richie Hawkins ie Facebook etc, could advise him of this info if it is correct, as our team situation is getting more precarious by the day.  Any news on how long Adam might be out? Did he need an op? There's very little info coming from the club.

Travelling down tonight for this meeting, but it does seem a bit underwhelming for a Semi-Final.

There is no guarantee that Dan Thompson rides for Ipswich yet either.

1 minute ago, siggysigalos said:

Travelling down tonight for this meeting, but it does seem a bit underwhelming for a Semi-Final.

There is no guarantee that Dan Thompson rides for Ipswich yet either.

Shouldn't he be out for 7 days ? I thought that was the rule miss a meeting through illness miss 7 days, though it might be yet another rule if you withdraw halfway through a meeting.

2 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Shouldn't he be out for 7 days ? I thought that was the rule miss a meeting through illness miss 7 days, though it might be yet another rule if you withdraw halfway through a meeting.

You could be right, Rules seem to change by the day, last week it was said we couldnt have Scott Nicholls tonight, then hes sudenly in the side??

Don't think anyone said he couldn't ride tonight,  I feel sure it's the home meeting Thursday due to the 8 day guest rule, but now that Doyley is no 1 think he could. 

Got to keep his 100% attendance at Foxhall :lol:

Sorry Badge, thought i read Scotty couldnt ride in both legs this week, my error.

Can Scotty ride for the Brummies Thursday then?

I think we will see Bomber in our side on Thursday, just guessing though??

Dan is out, now we have Jason Edwards, this meeting really shouldn't go ahead the only Ipswich team members now riding are Emil, Kenyan and Jordan.  Presumably this might mean Dan will be out on Thursday as well, can things get any worse? 

4 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Dan is out, now we have Jason Edwards, this meeting really shouldn't go ahead the only Ipswich team members now riding are Emil, Kenyan and Jordan.  Presumably this might mean Dan will be out on Thursday as well, can things get any worse? 

Yeah, the others get injured tonight! Let’s hope everyone else stays fit and we pull through this. Freddie has problems with his visa so he won’t be available for both meetings this week. That could be our saving grace. I’m sure Chris is on the phone every minute of the day trying to firefight these situations that keep arising. Just hope Emil can keep his head in the game and perform like the last few meetings. If we get through this semi final it will be well played, although kind of feel like it won’t be the same if we defend the cup after knowing half of our team hasn’t ridden?

• Like 1