British Speedway Forum

Birmingham v Ipswich KOC June 3rd

im still puzzled why people think 7 rides is a lot for an experienced former GP rider... its 7 minutes of work !! 

It happens regular with top riders or reserves in meetings with R/R TS and heat 15.. 

It was just a blatant mismanagement , Sam should have realised surely before the meeting ive got a young british rider learning his trade at reserve and a experienced former GP rider and world cup winner , he knew he had R/R to cover so surely before the meeting he had the programme pre planned to maximise Piotr ??

Edited by psycho3a

did anyone else pick up on schlein's comments when they were reading out fans comments someone mentioned they would like Lambert at ipswich ? schlein was very quick to say no chance of him going there ? then he was quick to say brady kurtz is injured also why would he mention that ? does he know something we don't all very odd ?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

The solution is easier than that? Just prepare a consistent race track....

No doubt we will get the feeble excuse of weather predictions etc....

31 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

The solution is easier than that? Just prepare a consistent race track....

No doubt we will get the feeble excuse of weather predictions etc....

I don’t get this we prepare the track because of weather  predictions.Just prepare the track as for a normal match,because if it happens to rain the riders won’t ride anyway.They always finish up with dry slick tracks(I feel that’s what the riders want anyway)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Can’t use a guest rising star either. Belle Vue, Oxford and Leicester not riding, but Ipswich can’t use Bailey, Boughen or Hagon. They have to use another rider on the rising star list who isn’t part of another team’s 1-7. That was the rule last year, dunno if that’s changed this. 

I could have worded it better, I meant an "unattached" RS guest.

Like last year when an inform Dan was replaced by a struggling Joe for the play-offs.

I guess Jake Mulford, Luke Killeen, Joe Thompson & Nathan Ablitt ate the best options?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Can’t use a guest rising star either. Belle Vue, Oxford and Leicester not riding, but Ipswich can’t use Bailey, Boughen or Hagon. They have to use another rider on the rising star list who isn’t part of another team’s 1-7. That was the rule last year, dunno if that’s changed this. 

The ruling is a little odd. If a rising star still #7 is unavailable it has to be a guest selected from the Rising Star list excluding any rider who is already in a Premiership line-up.

However if, as in the case of Dan, that rider is now in the main body of the team, RR can be used or a guest from the Rising Star list regardless as to whether he is already in a Premiership line-up. This is subject to that guest rider not having a CMA exceeding that of the rider he is in place of.

Edited by tocha
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, psycho3a said:

im still puzzled why people think 7 rides is a lot for an experienced former GP rider... its 7 minutes of work !! 

It happens regular with top riders or reserves in meetings with R/R TS and heat 15.. 

It was just a blatant mismanagement , Sam should have realised surely before the meeting ive got a young british rider learning his trade at reserve and a experienced former GP rider and world cup winner , he knew he had R/R to cover so surely before the meeting he had the programme pre planned to maximise Piotr ??

I don’t think part of Sam’s “pre planned programme” involved him going over to tell Pawlicki before the meeting that he planned on replacing him in heat 14 with Leon Flint. He certainly also didn’t pre plan to have Cook touching the tapes and using Pawlicki in heat 3. 

2 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

did anyone else pick up on schlein's comments when they were reading out fans comments someone mentioned they would like Lambert at ipswich ? schlein was very quick to say no chance of him going there ? then he was quick to say brady kurtz is injured also why would he mention that ? does he know something we don't all very odd ?

Much has been said about the team spirit in the Ipswich camp and how much of a close group they are. I don’t think Ipswich would touch Lambert with a barge pole personally. He doesn’t fit what they have there. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I could have worded it better, I meant an "unattached" RS guest.

Like last year when an inform Dan was replaced by a struggling Joe for the play-offs.

I guess Jake Mulford, Luke Killeen, Joe Thompson & Nathan Ablitt ate the best options?

Joe seems the obvious choice I guess. Unless he’s been too close to his brother and struck down also..

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Seems as though the racing improved after a track grade and water was thrown down after heat 11? Begs the question why that wasn’t done sooner. After the water went down Rew immediately found grip on the outside with a cracking ride in heat 12 and likewise Emil in 15 after he failed to gain any ground in two of his earlier heats when he missed the gate. 

Funny how Schliem commented that the rubber on the inside would prove better for grip and nothing on the outside.

How can this clown, steal a living knowing nothing about speedway :rofl:

Edited by secsy1
spelling

maybe can understand that with the rivalry with Lynn !! and what Lambert said about foxhall last year lol but could schlein still be correct about Lambert replacing kurtz ?? time will tell ? 

8 minutes ago, tocha said:

The ruling is a little odd. If a rising star still #7 is unavailable it has to be a guest selected from the Rising Star list excluding any rider who is already in a Premiership line-up.

However if, as in the case of Dan, that rider is now in the main body of the team, RR can be used or a guest from the Rising Star list regardless as to whether he is already in a Premiership line-up. This is subject to that guest rider not having a CMA exceeding that of the rider he is in place of.

If that’s the case tocha then Siggy may have heard correctly and it’s R/R for Dan. Should find out today anyway. 

51 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

they are probably factoring in / gambling on a few extra attending as well to see a genuine out and out no 1 rider

Looking at birminghams remaining home fixtures 5 of them are between the end of July and august (6 weeks holidays) depending on schools breaking up so I can only imagine that will bring more people in as it’s the holiday period, I’m sure Birmingham would also have some financial backing to support Freddie coming in as i don’t think they would of signed him without it, as I’m sure it would of soured the relationship between Freddie Sam and Chris for it to go south between now and the end of season. 

36 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

maybe can understand that with the rivalry with Lynn !! and what Lambert said about foxhall last year lol but could schlein still be correct about Lambert replacing kurtz ?? time will tell ? 

I think stuff said in the heat of the moment during a meeting is probably a red herring. However I suspect he's more likely to end up at Lynn or BV as he's ridden for those before, I expect he's already been sounded out by both. Highly unlikely he's coming over yet anyway with Poland, Sweden & GP's all in full swing. Ipswich need someone ASAP really, nobody can replace Doyle but guests and R/R are so unreliable.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

The problem wasn't about adapting, it was about the difference in surfaces? lots of grip one week and then slick as....the next.

Yes set-ups play a big part, but if you cant gate and there's no dirt, you hardly have any chance of making an impact.

Set the track up to the strengths of your team....B'ham's team need dirt and there was none!

It was a good job you've signed Sedgmen the gater, otherwise it could have been worse for you

4 hours ago, Odds On said:

Just a general observation and possibly the big white elephant in the room....how the hell do the Brummies afford Freddie Lindgren, if/when he scores a maximum, that will cost nearly half the gate receipts on its own!

Why does it matter? How can any of the teams afford the big hitters?

Crowds have been decent this year with some Wolves and Bees fans coming across to watch.

There will be more (particularly Wolves fans) coming now Freddie has signed so it seems a great bit of business.

3 hours ago, noaksey said:

I think that's highly unlikely, I'd say weeks rather than days for Fred but hope I'm wrong 

Wrong. Visa approved! 

34 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Lindgren visa approved!

He rides Thursday 

Super quick that, very surprised 

Great news for Birmingham and those going to Foxhall, unfortunately I'll be 'avving it' at the O2 seeing Liam Gallagher:D

5 hours ago, siggysigalos said:

You maybe correct on that as it seems nobody really knows all the rules and most change as the season goes on.

I'm only relaying what I was told for Thursday, and I'm sure that's what was said about Dan Thompson,but to be fair I was taking in the fact we had Sam Masters in,so maybe I wasn't concentrating??

All in the Regulations under 011.4 Facilities. 

Where the RS is riding in positions 1-5 in the team the options are R/R, or a guest from the RS list with a lower match average

22 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Clueless from Birmingham.

Why was Pawlicki not in heat 8? 

18 hours ago, mikebv said:

You got response.....:D

Makes a change from "Why was Laguta not in heat 8?" :D