British Speedway Forum

Break in at worky

3 hours ago, lbw said:

Sorry to hear the news up at Workington. Lot of hard work put in up at Northside only to see sum mindless folk try & ruin things.

Hope all is restored & look forward to seeing the Comets back on track. Looking forward to my visit in July with the Pirates.

not mindless - they do it for a living. Very lucrative too judging by the cars they own

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Neila said:

Well then,  on your 20 minutes walk to the GT tyres northside arena, after 3 minutes from your hotel you will walk past the Costa (fortune) and take a coffee for your further 17 minutes walk :D then when at the track you can have a comets lager :drink:to ease your defeat :rofl:

20 mina neil how big steps u taking :D

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Neila said:

Big ones Geoff I have been on the moon :rolleyes:

i bet  you dont get to the roundabout in 20 mins . it will take another 10 mins to cross the circle thing  . then you have to run past the pikies caravans  and get to the main gate/etrance ...  , (pikies chasing you to try and sell some garden goodies ) then a further 10/15 mins to get to the areana .you will be humming like a 6 month  pair of under crackers .. then you will find out who your mates are ..

Edited by j2ohh
just cannot spell , simple as .
  • Haha 1

On 5/29/2024 at 7:33 PM, Neila said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/2Hp6zTt9LFD4S3Yf/

Some bad news for the Comets fans and promotion hope the scumbags are caught

I thought, when they were constructing the track, they said they had security in place! Northfield was turned over, before the new set-up. I'm sure it was suggested then, it was the scourge of our nation, whose description begins with G and ends in s! :mad: 

5 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

I thought, when they were constructing the track, they said they had security in place! Northfield was turned over, before the new set-up. I'm sure it was suggested then, it was the scourge of our nation, whose description begins with G and ends in s! :mad: 

Glasgow Rangers ? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, lbw said:

I'll be arriving in car from the Waverley so all is good :t:

;)

kiss goodbye to your wheels .,lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

so where is Northfield ?

On 6/2/2024 at 8:35 AM, KIRKYLANE said:

So sad. To hear of the break in.

Workington have done a great job so far..brilliant track.

i do hope their insurance covers everything and things can get back to where they were soon

Over £3200 raised so far by Speedway fans to help replace what was stolen.

• Like 4

Surely the club has insurance to cover theft. I even have cover working from home. Bound to be an excess charge but the club haven’t lost more than a £500 excess. 

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Surely the club has insurance to cover theft. I even have cover working from home. Bound to be an excess charge but the club haven’t lost more than a £500 excess. 

Keep your nose out you and i dont know the cost of anything,am sure if had happened at poole u would have  a different view!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Isolated premises with a history of vandalism may be difficult to insure.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, arnieg said:

are you after a strmmer or some   garden stuff  ?

13 minutes ago, arnieg said:

do high rise flats have gardens ?

doing everything you can to stir it up .jeez .

how long is the H18tory of theft from aor great areana ? >

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Keep your nose out you and i dont know the cost of anything,am sure if had happened at poole u would have  a different view!

All legit businesses have insurance. More so should items of value be left at the site. I have it and it’s expensive but necessary. 

37 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

are you after a strmmer or some   garden stuff  ?

do high rise flats have gardens ?

doing everything you can to stir it up .jeez .

how long is the H18tory of theft from aor great areana ? >

I don't think arnieg was talking about the H18tory of Derwent Park but the break ins at Northside, another of which by the travellers was during your setting up phase. 

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

All legit businesses have insurance. More so should items of value be left at the site. I have it and it’s expensive but necessary. 

Insurance or not the fans have come together to help Andrew and Steve to put it right ,speaks volumes .

• Like 3