British Speedway Forum

Swedish GP Malilla Saturday 15th June

11 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Another boring GP. 

I didn't bother watching as I knew the result.

Laguta is the only man capable of beating Zmarzlik and he has been banned by the woke FIM.

Except he probably wouldn't. He got lucky one year but he'd have been all at sea with a bit of damp about tonight.

Very lucky in 2021 with no remotely technical tracks on the calendar.

Let's face it he never looked remotely capable of qualifying for the series on his own merit barring that one year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

There is no doubt he is the Best in the World.Kelvin is just waiting for Woffy to turn it on again though.!!!!!

You are right he is the best (doesn't say a lot for the rest) and you can't knock the man for his winning ways.

My problem is, is that sport is a competitive thing and if there is no competition then it becomes a pointless exercise.

The result is that there comes the point where you lose interest and turn it off. 

An example. I was watching the Germany/Scotland game last night. When G went 2 up, I thought 'that's that' and turned it off 

I'm not going to waste time watching a walkover 

The result was  I ended up watching the Spg 2 2023 - whatever they call it - the under 16'a - on you tube far more entertaining 

In other words turning my back on the one thing introduced me to the other thing 

And that's the problem with non competitive sport - you lose interest 

All the above is my opinion the way I have always seen sport I just want it to be competitive and may the best person win

1 minute ago, tyke said:

Plus Mauger, Gunderson & Neilson , Hes not in their league for me. His persevered lack of rivals will always go against him IMO

Zmarzlik has litterally no one to threaten him on track. He is riding at 2/3rd his ability. Compare that to Rickardson who had serious opposition in virtually every GP race. To win 7 titles was a remarkable achievement. If Zmarzlik levels or beats it, sorry to say he just never had the competition. Of all the years of the GP series, the current lineup is the weakest it has ever been.

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

It'll be interesting to see if Fricke continues his run and if by some chance Doyley gets fit before the end of the season, would Doyle come back into the GP's if Fricke was in the position to do something, top 3, top 6?

Another good GP, it's been a pretty good year so far, with the exception of Prague. 

Fricke might get aWild Card next season .Politics rule as usual.

Just now, Fromafar said:

It was a glaring omission .But think we know why.

Thinks most speedway oficiando's know that, unfortuately being mates with Parsons means more

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CB252 said:

Except he probably wouldn't. He got lucky one year but he'd have been all at sea with a bit of damp about tonight.

Very lucky in 2021 with no remotely technical tracks on the calendar.

Let's face it he never looked remotely capable of qualifying for the series on his own merit barring that one year.

IMO Bart is a better rider now as well .

3 minutes ago, CB252 said:

I love that there's no competition yet he's just won his first GP of the season at the 5th attempt halfway through the season.:D

Because he was leading the series and riding safely without taking many/any risks. Tonight the conditions suited him to a T. Was a never in doubt win on that track.

1 minute ago, FAST GATER said:

IMO Bart is a better rider now as well .

Indeed, the facts are there for all to see.

He's been 3rd, 6th, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 1st, 1st since entering the series regardless of whoever else was in the series at the time.

To arrive at the final round of the championship for 6 straight years with a chance of winning the title or the title won is staggering.

You still have to control all aspects of your own game, regardless of how weak or strong the opposition are perceived or you will fail.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So you are saying gay people shouldn’t have the same basic rights as heterosexuals?

:rofl: men dressed up as women are allowed in ladies toilets. thats more than a basic right. its bloody mental

• Like 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Zmarzlik has litterally no one to threaten him on track. He is riding at 2/3rd his ability. Compare that to Rickardson who had serious opposition in virtually every GP race. To win 7 titles was a remarkable achievement. If Zmarzlik levels or beats it, sorry to say he just never had the competition. Of all the years of the GP series, the current lineup is the weakest it has ever been.

It’s a different Era ,therefore you can really compare.IMO.Why can no one threaten him on track is because he is the best.Fundin,Mauger we’re as dominant in their hey day due to lack of opposition.Imagine if it was GPs then, Fundin and Mauger would have probably been in double figures.

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nobody ever won 7

Just now, gjcone44 said:

:rofl: men dressed up as women are allowed in ladies toilets. thats more than a basic right. its bloody mental

That has nothing to do with wokeness. Do you read the Mail/Express/Sun? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Zmarzlik's titles have an asterisk next to them.

The asterisk is called Artem Laguta.

2021 has an asterix against it as there was something extremely fishy about a rider that once recorded a full minimum in a GP suddenly becoming that fast :D

And of course Russians are renowned for their staggering fair play record :rofl:

Edited by CB252
  • Like 2