British Speedway Forum

Swedish GP Malilla Saturday 15th June

2 minutes ago, Gavan said:

People dismissing Zmarzlik really don’t have any idea 

He is the best around and he does have opposition he is just better

Back in the days of the ones off world final you only had a few riders capable of winning it if the Gp series was around in the 80’s Nielsen would have won far more as over a series he was far more consistent then Erik would have been 

The GP series suits Zmarzlik he is the best out there and will always make semis and finals …. Back in the 80’s Nielsen would have done the same and won many titles ….. how many world titles would Zmarzlik have had if it was a one off final …. One maybe two??? 

He is the best in the world ….not by miles by the best ….. if there was a one off world final we could have had Laguta , Jack Holder , Lindgren , Vaculik and even Madsen as one off champions 

Zmarzlik is the best but the GP system shows that even more so for him 

Agree 100% I stated the same from different Era.

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Back in the days of the ones off world final you only had a few riders capable of winning it if the Gp series was around in the 80’s Nielsen would have won far more as over a series he was far more consistent then Erik would have been 

The GP series suits Zmarzlik he is the best out there and will always make semis and finals …. Back in the 80’s Nielsen would have done the same and won many titles ….. how many world titles would Zmarzlik have had if it was a one off final …. One maybe two??? 

He is the best in the world ….not by miles by the best ….. if there was a one off world final we could have had Laguta , Jack Holder , Lindgren , Vaculik and even Madsen as one off champions 

Correct. Nielsen would have been over the hill and gone if the GP had come in in the mid 80s.

Telling for me that we had Jason Crump at an NSSC meeting last year and he said Nielsen was hands down the best rider he'd ever faced. Would have been easy for him to say Rickardsson having finished 2nd to him several times.

Edited by CB252

It's true it's all a matter of opinion but decreasing interest in speedway proceeds as we all know 

44 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Another boring GP. 

I didn't bother watching as I knew the result.

Laguta is the only man capable of beating Zmarzlik and he has been banned by the woke FIM.

Why don't you just copy and paste the same response after every GP? It would save time...

Better still, you could go and watch Corrie instead, and leave us the hell alone...

• Like 1

Nielsen won in 86 87 and 89

It’s perfectly feasible that if the GP series was about he would have won in 84,85,88, 91 93 and 94 plus the first GP series he could have had 10 titles he was that dominant 

Sure he lost in run offs a few times but over a 10 meeting series he would have been top 4-6 every meeting and a likely winner of all of the above years 

Zmarzlik is the best….. but in a one off meeting he is beatable same as Hans was …. But because he is the best he is easily the most consistent 

Edited by Gavan

The track staff did an amazing job to get the meeting on. Glad I was watching on TV because with that downpour and 2hr plus wait , I would of left but watched the Euros and returned to speedway for Heat 1.  The track got better as the meeting went on and provided some decent racing. 

As for the Zmarzlik he is simply the best of this era. To do what he has done consistently SGP after SGP , year after year is phenomenal effort. He rode the nuts of the bike this evening and looked way quicker than other riders and was also brave to stick the bike in the dirt with his outside passes. In the final , it was a case of hoping Holder or Fricke gated because if Zmarzlik gated he would be gone as was the case. 

Lebedevs have a decent meeting and was getting involved. Lambert getting into the final and getting a place on the podium from Gate4 was positive. As for Woffinden he seems to be going backwards in the SGP. After first couple of races seemed to have some pace at the end of the meeting but was either getting beaten up or making poor decisions in the race.  

Gorzow next round a track Zmarzlik knows well. Hopefully Vaculik and Wozniak on their home track are more competitive for that one. 

• Like 1

How the track staff managed to turned what looked like a cancelled meeting into something I found very exciting I don’t know.  If they can do that in Sweden why can’t it be done on British tracks after prolonged rain. Is it drainage, track foundation, material on top, something else that made it possible. And it sounds like it wasn’t a one off. It was an amazing turnaround.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

How the track staff managed to turned what looked like a cancelled meeting into something I found very exciting I don’t know.  If they can do that in Sweden why can’t it be done on British tracks after prolonged rain. Is it drainage, track foundation, material on top, something else that made it possible. And it sounds like it wasn’t a one off. It was an amazing turnaround.

Not only make a meeting but also make it entertaining not just a borefest of follow the leader

1 hour ago, iainb said:

It'll be interesting to see if Fricke continues his run and if by some chance Doyley gets fit before the end of the season, would Doyle come back into the GP's if Fricke was in the position to do something, top 3, top 6?

Another good GP, it's been a pretty good year so far, with the exception of Prague. 

I think Doyle is a 99.9% certainty to get a wild card next year, Fricke's performances shouldn't make a difference to Doyle imo.

If Fricke can get near the top 6 after missing the start of the season, he'll likely get a wild card too.

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Sorry, you'll never convince the idiots on here of that...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It’s a different Era ,therefore you can really compare.IMO.Why can no one threaten him on track is because he is the best.Fundin,Mauger we’re as dominant in their hey day due to lack of opposition.Imagine if it was GPs then, Fundin and Mauger would have probably been in double figures.

Agree. Manger was ahead of his time with his approach. GP would have suited him. At least 2 riders in his time wouldn’t have been world champion if it had been a GP series.

9 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Fricke proving he should have had the wild card.

What's the deal with Fricke and Holder, is it an Aussie thing, bad blood between them or just Holder being a bad loser, again last night after Fricke beat Holder in the Quali heats same as the last GP Holder just roared past him at the end of the race, no handshake no nothing.