British Speedway Forum

Oxford vs Edinburgh - Wed 29th May

11 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Ha ha. He was talking about loyalty in regards to Lewis Kerr, someone you were happy to kick to the curb! 

But he said Riders (that means more than one does it not).When did I say that about Lewis ? I thought it was you wanting changes  to get rid of one of the two most entertaining riders at sandy lane Bomber Harris because as a proper Oxford fan he let you down by having a couple of off nights.

13 minutes ago, Toady said:

But he said Riders (that means more than one does it not).When did I say that about Lewis ? I thought it was you wanting changes  to get rid of one of the two most entertaining riders at sandy lane Bomber Harris because as a proper Oxford fan he let you down by having a couple of off nights.

I don't recall saying Chris Harris should go. Can you show me where I said that please? I said I wanted changes, and still do.

Would I like to keep Chris Harris, yes. But would I swap Chris Harris for Robert Lambert, etc., yes.

Perhaps this is a topic for the Spires thread, however.

Edited by BackInTheDHSS
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Toady said:

Likewise, where did I say this or anything about Lewis Kerr ?

When Craig Cook was in the side, you clearly said you were happy and didn't want any changes. So either, so you didn't care about Lewis Kerr coming back, or you wanted an eight-man team. Which was it?

15 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Just think Paco  possibly a GP rider.Logino the only track he can ride though.

I have NO idea how / why Paco thinks he should be in the GP. Does he keep an extra special bike for these occasions?

He is, without doubt, the most frustrating rider ever. Can happily be beaten up by a reserve or bounce out and beat someone of exceptional class

Undoubtedly a lovely guy and very funny showman BUT………. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Technik said:

On the BSPA website there is a picture of the start of Ht 1. It clearly shows Fredriksen (Y) of gate 1 with his front wheel turned to the right whilst Heeps (B) in 2 is straight. My view is that Fredriksen lifted all the way to the turn & was not in full control went past his turning point & crossed other riders path causing the crash.

A still picture does not show Cam bash into Lasse knocking his foot off the footrest just as they left the tapes

51 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

I have NO idea how / why Paco thinks he should be in the GP. Does he keep an extra special bike for these occasions?

He is, without doubt, the most frustrating rider ever. Can happily be beaten up by a reserve or bounce out and beat someone of exceptional class

Like you say decent guy,but certainly no World Class rider.

1 hour ago, Gr8scot said:

Has he said he 'thinks' he should be? Or is he just trying to qualify?

2 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Has he said he 'thinks' he should be? Or is he just trying to qualify?

He shouldn’t be anywhere near qualifying never mind in GPs. Concentrate on getting better in league speedway and the rest will follow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

He shouldn’t be anywhere near qualifying never mind in GPs. Concentrate on getting better in league speedway and the rest will follow. 

Just a “journeyman “earning as much as he can.No loyalty to Clubs just himself,like plenty others.

24 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

But he's one of the best Italians isn't he? Or should Italy just give up all their spots? There are plenty worse than Paco in the qualifiers. More a question of whether the format of that is right in my opinion. Can't blame him for trying.

1 hour ago, JanAndersen said:

While Castagna is nowhere near GP standard, countries like Italy will get a couple of spots in the qualification system, so if he's one of the best Italians, then why shouldn't he enter the qualifiers?

If riders only entered the GP qualifiers when they were GP standard, it would be a very small qualifying event. Some will enter for their sponsors some young Brits may enter for experience on continental tracks, some maybe just want too see how far they can go?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gr8scot said:

A still picture does not show Cam bash into Lasse knocking his foot off the footrest just as they left the tapes

Quite right the still picture taken from the inside doe's not even show Fredriksen's right leg & if your on the outside you would need to be able to see through 3 bikes to see what your saying

The young Norwegian was lifting from the start all the way to the turn all night long. I believe his machine was set up to strong & did not suit him or the track as it pulled him past the turns most evident on the exit of turn 4 where he kept going wide & had to loose speed to set up for the home straight. It's one thing to be able to set up a bike to pull hard but another to be able to control it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Some pretty positive results in the BSN Series perhaps? It was a good start to the season, and I certainly thought Edinburgh had improved. A draw with Glasgow and you're in the semi-finals, which is more than can be said of Oxford.

IMO it’s the league performances that define a season and a bonus if you go deep into the cup.

22 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Not entirely sure what we were expecting this year you song the same issues as last year and expect a better result which was never going to happen. Then we’ve weakened ourselves at reserve to add to our problems.  

We talk a good game and don’t back it up cause if we did we’d shift a couple on and make some changes.

Your including we’re as if I am concerned  but I understand  we’re your coming from as we are not much better.

2 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

But he's one of the best Italians isn't he? Or should Italy just give up all their spots? There are plenty worse than Paco in the qualifiers. More a question of whether the format of that is right in my opinion. Can't blame him for trying.

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

While Castagna is nowhere near GP standard, countries like Italy will get a couple of spots in the qualification system, so if he's one of the best Italians, then why shouldn't he enter the qualifiers?

If riders only entered the GP qualifiers when they were GP standard, it would be a very small qualifying event. Some will enter for their sponsors some young Brits may enter for experience on continental tracks, some maybe just want too see how far they can go?

Yes it’s a fair enough point but it should be the best riders in the world not the best riders from each of the countries. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

I don't recall saying Chris Harris should go. Can you show me where I said that please? I said I wanted changes, and still do.

Would I like to keep Chris Harris, yes. But would I swap Chris Harris for Robert Lambert, etc., yes.

Perhaps this is a topic for the Spires thread, however.

22 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

When Craig Cook was in the side, you clearly said you were happy and didn't want any changes. So either, so you didn't care about Lewis Kerr coming back, or you wanted an eight-man team. Which was it?

Ha Ha ,we’ve finally got there…you would be happy to kick Chris Harris into that curb of yours ,you must have a problem with him.You also agree that I was happy with all the Teams and didn’t want changes. You only introduced Cook as a red herring to suit your narrative as you knew very well that he was only ever signed for 28 days until Kerr was fit to rejoin the side.

8 minutes ago, Toady said:

Ha Ha ,we’ve finally got there…you would be happy to kick Chris Harris into that curb of yours ,you must have a problem with him.You also agree that I was happy with all the Teams and didn’t want changes. You only introduced Cook as a red herring to suit your narrative as you knew very well that he was only ever signed for 28 days until Kerr was fit to rejoin the side.

You must have missed the bit where I said I'd like to keep Chris Harris. It's just before the bit that you put in bold. What a clown! :icon_smile_clown:

I've no issue with Harris. I'd swap out whoever works with the averages, be that Harris, Wright, Janowski, etc. Oxford should be making the most of the points they have available to improve the team - if there's a rider(s) who want to actually come. 

Edited by BackInTheDHSS
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

You must have missed the bit where I said I'd like to keep Chris Harris. It's just before the bit that you put in bold. What a clown! :icon_smile_clown:

I've no issue with Harris. I'd swap out whoever works with the averages, be that Harris, Wright, Janowski, etc. Oxford should be making the most of the points they have available to improve the team - if there's a rider(s) who want to actually come. 

As I said You singled out Harris for removal  introduced Cook as a red herring to suit your proper Oxford fan agenda. What a Muppet!

On 5/17/2024 at 6:52 PM, Toady said:

OK, so Chris Harris has had a couple of bad meetings, ( he has had hundreds of good ones) so you want to replace a rider who gives his all with someone else who no doubt in a few weeks you will want replacing and so the cycle carries on desperate team changes never work especially when there are very few better options out there.

People were calling for changes to the Cheetahs a couple of weeks ago, but the meeting against Redcar apart from the bowser incident was full of excitement and great racing from the very riders that people wanted to get rid of.

On 5/30/2024 at 11:22 AM, Toady said:

30 minutes ago, Toady said:

As I said You singled out Harris for removal  introduced Cook as a red herring to suit your proper Oxford fan agenda. What a Muppet!

I singled out Harris? Haha. You mentioned him and I responded, using Harris as an example. It's not hard to go back and look at previous posts before you spout this agenda nonsense. You're fixated with him!

Edited by BackInTheDHSS