British Speedway Forum

Ipswich v Leicester KOC 30th May

27 minutes ago, Badge said:

Let's see if Doyley rides in Prague first hey? I know cracked ribs are painful but we know how hard he is.

He’s not allowed to ride for 15 days from the date Grudziadz used ZZ or R/R in UK terms, so that rules him out riding anywhere until after 8th June be that Poland, UK, Denmark or World Championship events 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, 4BM said:

He’s not allowed to ride for 15 days from the date Grudziadz used ZZ or R/R in UK terms, so that rules him out riding anywhere until after 8th June be that Poland, UK, Denmark or World Championship events 

That is what Max Fricke thought last night that due to this rule he would be in at Prague however Phil Morris has advised differently if Doyle is medically passed fit by FIM doctor then he can take his place in GP.

The FIM regulations which the PZM have agreed to appear to allow him to ride in GPs if fit 

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, 4BM said:

Grudziądz were a joke last night. I’m currently in Poland and went to the stał Gorzów race which Grudziądz refused to race in after waiting in the stadium for 4 hours. They ripped up the track and re done the whole thing and Grudziądz still refused to race. How they could ride a track like a carpet but can ride in England is beyond me. I guess that’s a different forum altogether though haha

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Shano101 said:

Grudziądz were a joke last night. I’m currently in Poland and went to the stał Gorzów race which Grudziądz refused to race in after waiting in the stadium for 4 hours. They ripped up the track and re done the whole thing and Grudziądz still refused to race. How they could ride a track like a carpet but can ride in England is beyond me. I guess that’s a different forum altogether though haha

Both sides refused

PZM have announced it as a double walkover with both sides getting no points and the meeting will not be rerun 

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Both sides refused

PZM have announced it as a double walkover with both sides getting no points and the meeting will not be rerun 

Gorzów didn’t refuse, they came out and tested the track which the opposition did not take part and refused. Woźniak tested the track and wrote it was rideable just hard. And they have shown the signed document which doesn’t state stal refused. I live in Ipswich and Gorzów. So to see Grudziądz refuse to race due to losing Doyle is frustrating as an Ipswich witches fan as we always have to ride without him. Scandal at the highest level for Ekstraliga. We waited 5 hours in the stadium for the circus. 

On 5/28/2024 at 5:50 PM, Badge said:

Let's see if Doyley rides in Prague first hey? I know cracked ribs are painful but we know how hard he is.

I think everybody knows the answer to that question 

• Like 1

I think the person doing the fixtures for the BSPL website needs to have a lie down.

We've already got the fact that Leicester could need to be in two places at once on Monday. That is, they are scheduled to be at Oxford in the league and Birmingham in the (slightly) unlikely event that Leicester win on aggregate tonight at Ipswich in the KO Cup.
Add to that. The fixtures show that Ipswich are at Birmingham on Monday, TWICE. KO Cup semi (so Leicester are definitely not going to win tonight) and a league match. Both starting at 7.30 (will they have two heat 1's then two heat 2's and so on?).
And finally. Next Thursday it's Leicester or Ipswich vs Birmingham (so Leicester still might win tonight).

Confused? You won't be after this episode of Soap (who remembers that one?)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

How's the weather looking in Ipswich, I'm still 50/50 as to whether come up from London

Same here I have a meeting later this afternoon in East London unsure whether to come back up via Ipswich. Has there been much rain so far ? Forecast’s all look quite different at the moment 

It’s been dry so far but with showers forecast which feels like Groundhog Day. If it’s anything like the last few meetings we will get a heavy shower after 6pm which forces a rain off.

31 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

How's the weather looking in Ipswich, I'm still 50/50 as to whether come up from London

It’s been cloudy and overcast most of today although the sun trying to get through suggestion there could be some rain about  5-6 tonight but not significant according to the forecast - it’s actually the brightest and best it’s been all day which is probably the kiss of death for the meeting tonight! 

I am about 15 or so miles south of Foxhall 

7 minutes ago, JamesB said:

It’s been dry so far but with showers forecast which feels like Groundhog Day. If it’s anything like the last few meetings we will get a heavy shower after 6pm which forces a rain off.

Which would be very annoying as that would be three in a row postponed for me! 

Made it to the car park twice this year for it to be rained off once I’ve been parked. Plus two cut short because of rain during the meeting.
Not too bad if I was local but have two hours drive each way.

I have my ticket from the cancelled match last time round, but can’t decide when to head over, how long to leave it - or if! 

I'm just south of Norwich and at 4-20pm its tipping down. The heavy rain is heading towards Ipswich and will probably arrive around 5-45pm. Not looking promising for tonight I'm afraid.

2 minutes ago, Bunce said:

I'm just south of Norwich and at 4-20pm its tipping down. The heavy rain is heading towards Ipswich and will probably arrive around 5-45pm. Not looking promising for tonight I'm afraid.

That's not great I'm on the 17:30 out of Liverpool Street. Hopefully this will not be another wasted journey. I wish Ipswich offered a steaming service for their home meetings like Lions TV for iffy days like today.