British Speedway Forum

Aces v Tigers

Just now, foreverblue said:

I take you dont think 10 heats in wet conditions at the best track for racing on a day you cant race as its too wet is not good value!!

If they'd started at 12, as advertised, they'd have got this in, no bother... 10 minutes per race!

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I would go to Birmingham later if its on. Racing wont be great but food is ok and not too far from Leicester 

I wonder if Tom Brennan is thinking of an early exit... like he did when riding for Team GB the other week?

4 hours ago, ouch said:

This has been going on for years, I remember Peter Collins finishing second in a world final then missing subsequent Belle Vue fixtures with injury. 

Sheffield should win this but we’ll still qualify so it doesn’t matter, which btw is what a lot of former fans realised since the play offs came in. Saves them doing a complete season and provides big crowds for the final - right. 

To be fair to Collins he did have a broken leg

• Like 2

Just now, bigcatdiary said:

To be fair to Collins he did have a broken leg

As my mum used to say to me... if you're well enough to go to the Speedway, you're well enough to go to school!

:D

It's a new first for me... I've never seen them blading a track while it's pissing it down with rain!

Edited by iainb

6 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Whats the more important, Belle Vue trying to get a win or rider safety?

They not going to win anyway, not going to pull back 10 points in 5 heats 

7 minutes ago, Rob B said:

They not going to win anyway, not going to pull back 10 points in 5 heats 

Then why the desperation to keep it going, the videos a mate has sent me of the track  grading look like a ploughed field

Edited by The Third Man

4 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Then why the desperation to keep it going, the videos a mate has sent me of the track  grading look like a ploughed field

To be fair the track is looking a hell of a lot better now than it did when it did look like a ploughed field a short while ago. .. it's almost as if this Andy Meredith fella knows what he's doing! :D

• Like 1

why did they not start bang on at 12 ? When racing did get under way, even after track work there seemed no urgency, ref should of put the 2 mins on a soon as last race was finished, I get belle vue want to carry on and the current track work does like it finally making a difference from the last downpour, why have they only got one tractor driver ? the conditions were not great until around heat 8, hopefully after watching around an hour of tractor we will get to see another 5 heats, the sun is out now but there are still dark clouds around,on the racing side, passing is none existent as visibility is bad and Sheffield are quicker out of the starts and deserve to be ahead 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

why did they not start bang on at 12 ? When racing did get under way, even after track work there seemed no urgency, ref should of put the 2 mins on a soon as last race was finished, I get belle vue want to carry on and the current track work does like it finally making a difference from the last downpour, why have they only got one tractor driver ? the conditions were not great until around heat 8, hopefully after watching around an hour of tractor we will get to see another 5 heats, the sun is out now but there are still dark clouds around,on the racing side, passing is none existent as visibility is bad and Sheffield are quicker out of the starts and deserve to be ahead 

100% :t:

Not a good look for the BV management at all.

This should be the incentive they needed to cancel these stupid lunchtime meetings altogether. 

• Like 1

Just now, TTT said:

Not a good look for the BV management at all.

This should be the incentive they needed to cancel these stupid lunchtime meetings altogether. 

Doesn't matter what time you start them as long as you start them on time and get the meeting moving along once you do with the threat of rain around... none of this happened

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

Doesn't matter what time you start them as long as you start them on time and get the meeting moving along once you do with the threat of rain around... none of this happened

Isn't that primarily the referee's responsibility? 

I can't help but think that if this match was against any other team than Sheffield it would probably have been called an hour ago ;)

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1