British Speedway Forum

Aces v Tigers

2 hours ago, GregoryM said:

That's a fair comment Phil - but the day-to-day supporter will still be very disappointed and may well feel 'cheated' by his absence. The optics just don't look when he scored well, and qualified to the next stage of the World Championship, riding in an event between two Aces fixtures that he's missing through injury. 

Can see both sides but you wonder whether he'd be missing meetings for Rybnik.

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He’s on crutches with his foot in protective boot.

3 minutes ago, Rob B said:

He’s on crutches with his foot in protective boot.

He wasn't at the weekend when riding for himself... he should take the weight off and pop himself in a wheelchair

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

That last shower has absolutely killed the track! And it's raining again

Well you wanted them to get on with it, are you happy now?

6 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Well you wanted them to get on with it, are you happy now?

Yes I am... I've travelled over 100 miles to get here! Would have been better if they'd started at 12 noon sharp!

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yes I am... I've travelled over 100 miles to get here! Would have been better if they'd started at 12 noon sharp!

So you could have seen 2 more heats in extreme wet conditions that would have made big difference. 

2 minutes ago, Rob B said:

So you could have seen 2 more heats in extreme wet conditions that would have made big difference. 

The track was in decent nick at 12 noon as proved by the sprog and heat 1, could have got at least 6 races in before the rain came... sun's out now anyway, will probably be dusty by the end!

33 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Yes. Be interesting to see what happens at weekend 

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

The track was in decent nick at 12 noon as proved by the sprog and heat 1, could have got at least 6 races in before the rain came... sun's out now anyway, will probably be dusty by the end!

Heat 1 wasn’t good, Holder, Howarth and Bewley were completely filled in and couldn’t see a thing. 

26 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Heat 1 wasn’t good, Holder, Howarth and Bewley were completely filled in and couldn’t see a thing. 

Heat 1 was fine... you're just feeling sore because you've been mugged off by your captain :D

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, iainb said:

Goodness me , you are at a track watching speedway and you are still moaning more on here than you usually do sat at home  chill out and enjoy the speedway B)

10 minutes ago, Neila said:

Goodness me , you are at a track watching speedway and you are still moaning more on here than you usually do sat at home  chill out and enjoy the speedway B)

If there's one thing I can't stand (and yes there are many things) it's the lack of urgency when the weather is dodgy and judging by some of the comments I can hear in the back straight stand I'm far from alone. 

10 races in 98 minutes... that's some going

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

If there's one thing I can't stand (and yes there are many things) it's the lack of urgency when the weather is dodgy and judging by some of the comments I can hear in the back straight stand I'm far from alone. 

Belle Vue are losing though, what's not to like!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

So you wanted them to carry on in wet dangerous conditions. You really are the forum idiot moaner, most tracks wouldn’t have even started the meeting yet you would have moaned  you travelled 100 miles for nothing. 
 I have long 0.5 mile drive home. 

Just now, Rob B said:

So you wanted them to carry on in wet dangerous conditions. You really are the forum idiot moaner, most tracks wouldn’t have even started the meeting yet you would have moaned  you travelled 100 miles for nothing. 
 I have long 0.5 mile drive home. 

Rob the Knob