British Speedway Forum

Aces v Tigers

4 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

The simple truth is todays Speedway Promoters in general are lazy people who can not be bothered to get off their backsides and drum up support.
At BV they have the best speedway track and stadium in the country BUT if you ask someone in Manchester where BV is or what’s speedway they haven’t got a clue. The promotion of BV and the sport is zero and that’s why speedway is where it is….basically bust!

The times people have said to me speedway is it still going.

40 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Always thought that speedway teams should sponsor local football, cricket, rugby leagues etc etc..

Literally thousands of kids from age 8 to 16 playing each week in the locale..

Being watched by  thousands of parents..

A captured market...

Take a gazebo down wiith the club insignia on with a couple of riders and bikes, to the playing fields with dozens of matches on, on Saturday and Sunday, and dish out plenty of stickers, photos, pens, free/reduced tickets etc .

Most leagues have end of season prize givings with trophies being given out so sponsor that too...

Direct marketing to exactly the customer base you need to attract, for, relatively to its potential impact, little cost..

Great idea. Even easier for Belle Vue as Mohammed literally comes to the mountain every week with all the kids who play football on our centre green. We need to make the picture of Dan bigger at the front so the kids and parents realise what goes on here. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ouch said:

Belle Vue need to…….

Have an advert on local radio over an extended period of time. 

Have an advert in local newspapers over an extended period of time. 

Have an advertising board on some of the busiest roads in Manchester. 

Have posters in shops and businesses. 

Had out flyers in local shopping areas. 

Have a float or attend local fairs and carnivals. 

Attend local trade shows. 

Give out free tickets to schools and businesses. 

Take bikes and merchandise into schools to accompany the talk they deliver on the sport. 

Be featured on local tv news’s 4 or 5 times between March and October. 

Get hours of live and prerecorded coverage on sports/terrestrial channels 

Have a regular editorial in local papers. 

Have a 30 minute highlights programme on a local tv satellite station. 

Form a tie up with local groups and offer free entry and supporters club membership. 

Attend (and hopefully win) local sports team of the year awards. 

Just a start but if they did all that it would be just a case of counting the money - wouldn’t it?

they have had radio advertising on key 103 when adrian was here they reguarly attend carnivals and other events  & they give out free tickets to kids clubs also and they have recently linked up with Lancs cricket !! Lemon has said in the past they would like to do more advertising but it's down to cost sadly b/vue are no different to any other club they all don't do what you are suggesting on the adevrtising front sadly 

Edited by AceBelle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Garry1603 said:

Howzat?

40 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Another secret ? Wonder what the link up is? 

I haven't a clue what it is I've just heard them mentioned as a heat sponsor, and pretty sure somebody was taking about it on the PA a few weeks back when I was up there... I kind of zoned out though

28 minutes ago, ouch said:

Great idea. Even easier for Belle Vue as Mohammed literally comes to the mountain every week with all the kids who play football on our centre green. We need to make the picture of Dan bigger at the front so the kids and parents realise what goes on here. 

Agreed, there are so many opportunities to promote BV e.g. the velodrome and BMX centre. Having said that the speedway experience must be revamped slick and interactive and make new converts want and feel part of the club and not experience the total shambles of last Monday!

Like anything worthwhile it will need hard work and prolonged dedication and that’s where the problem is! As I said before laziness is endemic in Speedway. 

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

I haven't a clue what it is I've just heard them mentioned as a heat sponsor, and pretty sure somebody was taking about it on the PA a few weeks back when I was up there... I kind of zoned out though

it's a weekly lotto draw they do between the clubs ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

they have had radio advertising on key 103 when adrian was here they reguarly attend carnivals and other events  & they give out free tickets to kids clubs also and they have recently linked up with Lancs cricket !! Lemon has said in the past they would like to do more advertising but it's down to cost sadly b/vue are no different to any other club they all don't do what you are suggesting on the adevrtising front sadly 

They will be paying out around two hundred grand to a quarter of a million, to a team of riders who will not be recognised by many in the street outside including those living in the houses opposite...

Maybe run with five rider teams, save forty grand or so, and use that to advertise their product? 

Doing the same thing they always have done can only keep geting the same results..

The riders don't have the profile in the UK to bring in crowds so try something else to do it..

And, as the riders' profiles hopefully increase, you get that organic growth you need..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

They will be paying out around two hundred grand to a quarter of a million, to a team of riders who will not be recognised by many in the street outside including those living in the houses opposite...

Maybe run with five rider teams, save forty grand or so, and use that to advertise their product? 

Doing the same thing they always have done can only keep geting the same results..

The riders don't have the profile in the UK to bring in crowds so try something else to do it..

And, as the riders' profiles hopefully increase, you get that organic growth you need..

Having rightly criticised clubs, I must say the BSPA are nothing short of useless in promoting the sport, they put out a pathetic and amateurish so called press release which looks like it’s been begrudgingly done by cub reporter.
Instead of spending money on professionally promoting speedway they apparently wasted a huge amount of money on buying a load of worthless engines! 

Edited by Speedtiger

22 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Agreed, there are so many opportunities to promote BV e.g. the velodrome and BMX centre. Having said that the speedway experience must be revamped slick and interactive and make new converts want and feel part of the club and not experience the total shambles of last Monday!

Like anything worthwhile it will need hard work and prolonged dedication and that’s where the problem is! As I said before laziness is endemic in Speedway. 

Last Mondays experience was the exception, not the norm with current Belle Vue promotion.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

Last Mondays experience was the exception, not the norm with current Belle Vue promotion.  

Fair point but it’s really hard to attract new supporters to speedway but very easy to lose them with a shambles that was experienced at BV on Monday. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Fair point but it’s really hard to attract new supporters to speedway but very easy to lose them with a shambles that was experienced at BV on Monday. 

Id fully agree on that.  There were 2 mistakes made, 1. Starting the meeting, should of been called off at 9am. 2. After heat 10 downpour it should of been called, 90 mins to get the track raceable wasn't acceptable.  

Hopefully they learn from the mistake. 

On 5/29/2024 at 7:09 PM, ouch said:

We need to make the picture of Dan bigger at the front so the kids and parents realise what goes on here. 

Not sure if a picture of a  Welsh Rugby legend would make much difference....

• Haha 2

On 6/1/2024 at 7:19 AM, hagonshocker said:

Not sure if a picture of a  Welsh Rugby legend would make much difference....

Might result in a scrum to attend...

I'll get me coat....

• Haha 2