British Speedway Forum

Aces v Tigers

Well done to Belle Vue for getting the meeting on but what a shambles it turned out to be.  Why did they have a track grade after heat 9 lasting about twenty minutes when the weather was like it was,the track was quite good at that time, probably three races were lost there. then another race happened and the meeting was stopped due to rain, we then had to watch Chase playing with his balls for twenty minutes, after which it was decided to start grading the track again, then we had to sit another hour or so to be told the meeting was off,  there was no way the Aces would have pulled back that deficit.  The tigers were dominating the meeting in every department. 

Edited by Dornier

14 minutes ago, Rob B said:

The tractor bloke as you put it, after heat 10 rain got the track back to how it was after heat 4 with a hell of a lot of blading moved all the slop up by the air fence and could have continued.

only losing team can ask for a postponement from referee.

Belle Vue still wouldn’t have won but it was just getting the meeting completed. 

The track was not the same as heat 4 at all 

Maybe she said that her team had another event they had to get too.

Also the Medical team are the ones who have to deal with the riders after a crash, perhaps they should be listened too as IMO I'd rather see the Medics sat down drinking tea than see them crowded around a rider who's clattered the fence

4 minutes ago, ouch said:

Looking forward to the playoffs and a decent crowd/atmosphere, as this bank holiday meeting was dire and could well have been one of our last. 

Next one in August is against Sheffield again. If the weather forecast is better the crowd will be 400-500 better off I imagine 

did lemmo tatical blunder again !! go under the radar in all this mess ? in heat 10 he put cook out as r/r for kurtz he could have used bewley lidsey and cook as aTS leaving cook to ride in heat 13 as RR for kurtz ? otherwise only blodorn left for RR in heat 13 ??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ArchiePelago said:

of of of of of 

have have have have have

It's not that difficult!

I contacted the society of people who have got good contributions to make to social media forums and apparently they have never heard of you 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

29 minutes ago, Dornier said:

Well done to Belle Vue for getting the meeting on but what a shambles it turned out to be.  Why did they have a track grade after heat 9 lasting about twenty minutes when the weather was like it was,the track was quite good at that time, probably three races were lost there. then another race happened and the meeting was stopped due to rain, we then had to watch Chase playing with his balls for twenty minutes, after which it was decided to start grading the track again, then we had to sit another hour or so to be told the meeting was off,  there was no way the Aces would have pulled back that deficit.  The tigers were dominating the meeting in every department. 

There wasn't a 20 minutes track grade at heat 9 you completely wrong there , there was big track grade was after heat 4, after that there was only couple of very short 2 lap track grades to smooth the ruts out. 

13 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

did lemmo tatical blunder again !! go under the radar in all this mess ? in heat 10 he put cook out as r/r for kurtz he could have used bewley lidsey and cook as aTS leaving cook to ride in heat 13 as RR for kurtz ? otherwise only blodorn left for RR in heat 13 ??

Once there was a good chance the meeting wouldn't go to heat 15, the tac sub should have been used early, so Aces didn't miss out on using it. Also Bailey's 3rd ride should have been left to heat 14, which may have been the plan, so he'd only get 2 rides.

29 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Maybe she said that her team had another event they had to get too.

Also the Medical team are the ones who have to deal with the riders after a crash, perhaps they should be listened too as IMO I'd rather see the Medics sat down drinking tea than see them crowded around a rider who's clattered the fence

If that would have been the reason then that would have been fair enough but Mark Lemon said the medical person raised concern about shale piled up by air fence. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

Absolutely spot on.

My friend and I were saying exactly the same to each other as we sat there contemplating who would be the tac sub instead of R/R in heat 10.

Infact, I had to tell him to 'calm  down' as my friend in a loud voice aggravated said 'NO, NO Lemon, it has to be a  tac sub, cant you see the obvious?'

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Clearly he couldn’t help himself. Being made to retract something is embarrassing. 

I'm not sure Mark will be too bothered by that, he wanted the real reason out there and he succeeded. 

36 minutes ago, Rob B said:

If that would have been the reason then that would have been fair enough but Mark Lemon said the medical person raised concern about shale piled up by air fence. 

Dan Bewley said afterwards that the track was the best it had been all day at the time of the call off, and there was no way anyone would be going out that wide to where the piles were anyway.

2 hours ago, mikebv said:

Has it finished yet? :rofl:

The sport? If medical officers are now allowed to call meetings off, then yes I'm afraid it probably is :(

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Which referring to my post about the medical staff looking better sat down drinking tea, instead of surrounding an injured rider go seems to go straight over your head.

Riders chase the dirt and tend to go a lot wider as the meeting goes on.

I can only judge the track from what I've seen on social media, but any rider who went out wide after heat 10, by choice , genuine mistakeI or being forced out.

MO  would've probably ended up in hospital

13 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Which referring to my post about the medical staff looking better sat down drinking tea, instead of surrounding an injured rider go seems to go straight over your head.

Riders chase the dirt and tend to go a lot wider as the meeting goes on.

I can only judge the track from what I've seen on social media, but any rider who went out wide after heat 10, by choice , genuine mistakeI or being forced out.

MO  would've probably ended up in hospital

That's the trouble when you make ill informed comments based on what you see on socials... you'll be wanting brakes fitted to the bikes next! The track was in pretty good nick for heat 1, considering, the rain they had before heat 2 killed it and they shouldn't really have run the next 3. The track staff (seemingly just Andy Meredith) worked a miracle on it after heat 10 and it was the best it had been all day. This should either never have started, been called before heat 2, called just after heat 10 but it should never have been called after they did all that work to the track. 

Edited by iainb
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, GregoryM said:

Dan Bewley said afterwards that the track was the best it had been all day at the time of the call off, and there was no way anyone would be going out that wide to where the piles were anyway.

Not on purpose, but what would happen if someone was pushed wide into it?

3 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Not on purpose, but what would happen if someone was pushed wide into it?

What if a load of stuff... you can't run life on what ifs or you'd do nothing. 

Connor Mountain has also said the track was the best it had been after it was worked on.

https://x.com/TheAces/status/1795109513407660181?s=19

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, iainb said:

That's the trouble when you make ill informed comments based on what you see on socials... you'll be wanting brakes fitted to the bikes next! The track was in pretty good nick for heat 1, considering, the rain they had before heat 2 killed it and they shouldn't really have run the next 3. The track staff (seemingly just Andy Meredith) worked a miracle on it after heat 10 and it was the best it had been all day. This should either never have started, been called before heat 2, called just after heat 10 but it should never have been called after they did all that work to the track. 

Thanks for telling me what I should view and how wrong I am to judge what I can see.

I know riders have said they could've carried on after the extensive track work after heat 10.

I also see the Medics side