British Speedway Forum

Plymouth vs Poole BSN 25th May PP Now 1st June

59 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah I thought it was cos of a Polish fixtures and then if you look further up this page to says about the Slovenia one. But can he turn it down if entered? Guess it depends what it is for? Is it a qualification for something else? I haven't looked into it tbh. 

It's the 'Zlati Znak' about as important as the 'Teesside Silver Helmet'

Line up includes Paco Castagna, Max Dilger, Rickards Anvesulius, Jakub Jamrog, Jan Macek, Den8s Stojs etc 

Edited by arnieg
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Line up includes Paco Castagna, Max Dilger, Rickards Anvesulius, Jakub Jamrog, Jan Macek, Den8s Stojs etc 

Surely theres a case to answer here. I have no issue with Tom but if he is missing a UK league fixture to ride in an invitational the following day then the floodgates are going to open.....

26 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Surely theres a case to answer here. I have no issue with Tom but if he is missing a UK league fixture to ride in an invitational the following day then the floodgates are going to open.....

We need a meeting preview! Maybe he pulled out once ours was rearranged? 

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Is Covatti riding in it? That was mentioned as well on one of previous pages. 

With it being a short ish notice rearranged fixture,  if a rider has already taken a booking on what would have been a blank weekend,  a replacement facility may be granted, but has to be applied for stating the circumstances 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Neila said:

With it being a short ish notice rearranged fixture,  if a rider has already taken a booking on what would have been a blank weekend,  a replacement facility may be granted, but has to be applied for stating the circumstances 

Yeah, the ball game seems to change with the words 'rearranged fixture' ! 

Although the meeting isn't til the Sunday it is really only practice/travel that is the issue. But considering there are investigations in the Prem when riders miss a flight, it seems strange to allow a normal facility? 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Yeah, the ball game seems to change with the words 'rearranged fixture' ! 

Although the meeting isn't til the Sunday it is really only practice/travel that is the issue. But considering there are investigations in the Prem when riders miss a flight, it seems strange to allow a normal facility? 

This is nothing against Tom or Poole, but if any pole chose to ride in the bordernapolis/ westernapolis/ ashfield classic rather than a rearranged league fixture what think would happen to them? The club certainly wouldn't get a facility to cover their absence! 

Could all be conjecture as would have accepted the invite before the fixture got rearranged and might now have pulled out. But if a facility is granted for that but as was suggested earlier not one for Newman's wedding then the sport really is gone to the dogs in this country!

• Like 2

The Sunday fixture should be no issue for Tom's availability other than any prior commitment to travel. As stated earlier Tom is not listed in Gdansk's 1-7 for Saturday!!

Personally I would be more concerned about Ben Cook who competes for Leszno on Friday evening , gets a flight back Saturday morning (hopefully) and then has to travel down to Plymouth!!!

As others have said, it would be great to see an official meeting preview somewhere...........

Edited by Skidder1

A few years back Marcin Nowak missed a fixture at Armadale for his wedding & Glasgow were allowed a guest, very controversial at the time as Nowak was terrible at Armadale, while is replacement Heeps is far stronger there. Anyway, unless the rules have changed since then, Plymouth should get a facility to replace Newman.

For Brennan or any rider who accepts an invitation for an individual meeting, surely they'd accept under the agreement that of there's a re-arranged league fixture they would no longer be able to take part?

Rain-offs are not exactly a new thing in Speedway, so riders should be prepared for last minute fixture changes.

Mind you it would be a shame if a rider has paid for a flight but then can't go!

29 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The Sunday fixture is no issue for Tom's availability other than any prior commitment to travel. As stated earlier Tom is not listed in Gdansk's 1-7 for Saturday!!

Personally I would be more concerned about Ben Cook who competes for Leszno on Friday evening , gats a flight back Saturday morning (hopefully) and then has to travel down to Plymouth!!!

As others have said, it would be great to see an official meeting preview somewhere...........

Yes, as we are stabbing in the dark at present!

7 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Covatti is listed as riding in this one, Plymouth will have a guest for Newman, riding at No 4.

Troy Batchelor will guest for Poole, Tom Brennan is listed as missing on "Polish League duties" 

Where have you seen this? I thought I'd looked everywhere

13 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Where have you seen this? I thought I'd looked everywhere

I would guess that crescent girl has access to the private SCB website used by promoters to declare their teams for upcoming meetings and also used by Referees to file their meeting reports.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Tobias now at reserve. Tough for Sam at two.

Only for one meeting though according to the preview 

Edited by lbw
  • Like 1

There is a lot of rain in Poland. Meetings being called off already.

Ben's Leszno meeting today and Tom's Gdansk meeting on Saturday both now OFF!!

UPDATE. TOM BRENNAN NOW BACK IN FOR POOLE - CONFIRMED.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

There is a lot of rain in Poland. Meetings being called off already.

Ben's Leszno meeting today and Tom's Gdansk meeting on Saturday both now OFF!!

UPDATE. TOM BRENNAN NOW BACK IN FOR POOLE - CONFIRMED.

I read earlier Kyle Newman wasnt available, why isnt he?