British Speedway Forum

Birmingham v Ipswich Mon 27th May PL

4 hours ago, Aries said:

Oh come on I know you’ll want to justify a win by making claims you’d have won anyway even if Ipswich were at full strength but we all know that’s not true. Klindt 7 points from 6 rides and Batchelor 6 points from 5 isn’t particularly impressive. I think King and Ellis would have improved on that.

Come, come, I know that you will be bitter about being beaten by the team which the usual suspects claimed would never win a match ... but I still think that the guests did as well as two of the injured riders. Still, each to his own.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, False dawn said:

I know Ipswich were running RR, but for one rider to be in half of the 16 races seems wrong somehow.

I would say it was 100% correct...

No Doyle so Emil takes as many of his rides as he can..

Much better to see Ipswich race than six of them and a guest...

And watching Emil race is always VFM so the more he rides the better the meeting..

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mikebv said:

I would say it was 100% correct...

No Doyle so Emil takes as many of his rides as he can..

Much better to see Ipswich race than six of them and a guest...

And watching Emil race is always VFM so the more he rides the better the meeting..

I completely agree with your analysis. I'm not even suggesting the rules are at fault. In fact, had I been there, seeing Emil 8 times would have seemed like very good value for money. He's a class act, as we all know. I was just saying that this quirk of the rules does feel a bit odd. I can't see it happening that often so we don't need to debate it further. I will say that it's a pity that Emil didn't get a 24 (25?) point maximum. Because that might have been a record that stood for a very long time. Actually, it will surely be a while before anyone gets more than 22 (23?).

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

I completely agree with your analysis. I'm not even suggesting the rules are at fault. In fact, had I been there, seeing Emil 8 times would have seemed like very good value for money. He's a class act, as we all know. I was just saying that this quirk of the rules does feel a bit odd. I can't see it happening that often so we don't need to debate it further. I will say that it's a pity that Emil didn't get a 24 (25?) point maximum. Because that might have been a record that stood for a very long time. Actually, it will surely be a while before anyone gets more than 22 (23?).

Bjarne Pedersen currently holds the record, 22+1 on 22.7.2005 riding for Poole at Arena Essex. He had 7 rides which included a golden double scoring 4 when finishing behind team mate Matej Ferjan.

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

Emil would have had 8 races during the SON (from 23 races instead of 16 though).

Sure you had 6 races during the meeting, the last chance semi final and the final ( unless he was substituted for the U21 rider).

7 minutes ago, tocha said:

Bjarne Pedersen currently holds the record, 22+1 on 22.7.2005 riding for Poole at Arena Essex. He had 7 rides which included a golden double scoring 4 when finishing behind team mate Matej Ferjan.

6 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Emil would have had 8 races during the SON (from 23 races instead of 16 though).

Sure you had 6 races during the meeting, the last chance semi final and the final ( unless he was substituted for the U21 rider).

Ahhhhhh.
What have I started? :shock:

2 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Ahhhhhh.
What have I started? :shock:

Didn't mean to quote you.:drink:

Just having a thought after reading Richie saying probably first time Emil had 8 races in a meeting.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Didn't mean to quote you.:drink:

Just having a thought after reading Richie saying probably first time Emil had 8 races in a meeting.

And there must be some examples of double headers where riders have had 13 or 14 races in a meeting.

Everyone was aware that Ipswich were not at full strength last Monday and that had they been, the final score might well have been reversed.

But Birmingham haven't had much luck over the past couple of seasons, so it's understandable that the home fans would be happy with the result - and despite the heavy pre meeting rain, we all saw a great match and some extremely good racing - so there were really no losers.

As a lifelong Brummies man, I am outstandingly impressed with Emil Sayfutdinov, not just his riding skills but his sportsmanship and his affability as well. He is a credit to speedway and you are unbelievably lucky to have him at Ipswich.

Best wishes to the Witches on Thursday. Look forward to seeing you again at Perry Barr again next Monday!

Edited by brianbuck
  • Like 4

Travelled to Birmingham on Monday, and had a fantastic night. Very well looked after by the Brummies entertainment staff in our box.

Really enjoyable evening, and i was surprised how we kept it so tight, but Birmingham deserved their win, and fair play to them.

Yes we were weak, very weak in my opinion especially with Batchelor in our side (He's in again tomorrow night,god help us), but it was a good quality meeting.

Listening to the Brummie supporters on the night, it seems Pawlicki is the man who will make way for Freddie, and logically that is right, but i feel Pawlicki would make Birmingham stronger riding at Number 3 or 4, but unlike you guys, i don't watch every home meeting,so its just my opinion.

But for me i know he's only just signed, and it probably doesn't look good, but i would consider moving Justin Sedgman on, controversial i agree, and i expect cost of keeping Pawlicki as well as Lindgren might come into play, but i feel Pawlicki could come good.

Thanks for a great night, and i will be there Next Monday as i believe we are with you again even if we lose to Leicester in Cup tomorrow night (and that is a serious possibility, as Batchelor is riding for us) as it will be a League fixture.

• Like 1

Bit hard on Batch, Siggy, as he was the second highest scorer for Ippo ... As for the Brummies, they have a very hard choice to make. Sedgey beat Emil fair and square on Monday, Lampart more than proved himself, Pawlicki could well come good, as you say, Cook will also.

Thanks Siggy for the kind words and for being so gracious in defeat.

We would all have preferred to have seen an Ipswich team at full strength - I would have anyway! but injuries happen and their impact isn't always fair.

Hope you will come again on Monday and that we can enjoy another match like the last one.

Ironic that last Monday was Ipswich's first visit to Perry Barr (the current stadium) for 67 years - and now they are here two weeks on the trot!

For interest, the Witches scorers 67 years ago were: Cyril Roger 14, Peter Moore 9, Bert Edwards 8, Junior Bainbridge 6, Bob Sharp 3, Danny Dunton 1, Ken Last 0. Result was 55-41 to the Brummies so we have a 100 percent home record over you!!!!!

Have a good trip on Monday - look me up for a chat if you get time.

Edited by brianbuck

5 hours ago, *JJ said:

Bit hard on Batch, Siggy, as he was the second highest scorer for Ippo ... As for the Brummies, they have a very hard choice to make. Sedgey beat Emil fair and square on Monday, Lampart more than proved himself, Pawlicki could well come good, as you say, Cook will also.

Agreed on big decisions JJ, and with Freddie coming in,thats huge for your club and British Speedway by the way,the decision for me is a tough one. I just think Pawlicki at 4 would make you stronger, but you guys know better than me.

On Batch, not harsh in my opinion mate, iv'e seen him ride for the Witches before, many many times, and he's just not for me. He could be in our side on Monday Night yet as hes in our side tonight vs Leicester.

Hoping to see all you Brummies fans again on Monday night, as even though we lost last week, it was an enjoyable night and the best team won.