British Speedway Forum

Birmingham v Ipswich Mon 27th May PL

10 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Good win and bonus for the Brummies.  Doyle probably would have got more than 8 and likely to have not been last in the super heat.

Birmingham beat what was in front of them, so well done to them. 

Did Ipswich not get 2 wins and 2 lasts for Doyle.

According to updates Troy was last in heat 12.

Well done the Brummies can only beat what's in front of you, can't see them letting Lampart go young and still improving and will he not become an asset ?, now for a bit left field suggestion what about giving the young aussie (Tate Zischke) up at Workington a spin? seems to be an improver and has quickly settled in, could well be just what the Brummies need.

Edited by heathen52

12 minutes ago, heathen52 said:

Well done the Brummies can only beat what's in front of you, can't see them letting Lampart go young and still improving and will he not become an asset ?, now for a bit left field suggestion what about giving the young aussie (Tate Zischke) up at Workington a spin? seems to be an improver and has quickly settled in, could well be just what the Brummies need.

Has been said elsewhere that Darcy has advised him not to do Prem yet. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gambo95 said:

Did Ipswich not get 2 wins and 2 lasts for Doyle.

According to updates Troy was last in heat 12.

Good point. The total has 8+1 but 2 wins and 2 lasts. 

Pawlicki won a race, but it said on updates that he forgot to turn his fuel on in heat 6 ,

just like Milik did in one of the meetings before he left !.

Someone on updates said if they did that in Poland they would be sacked!.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Has been said elsewhere that Darcy has advised him not to do Prem yet. 

Zischke doesn't have to do what Darcy advises though. He's about to have 2 weeks off racing in the middle of the summer, might make him re-visit the idea of Prem speedway?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Zischke doesn't have to do what Darcy advises though. He's about to have 2 weeks off racing in the middle of the summer, might make him re-visit the idea of Prem speedway?

He said it though,why would he say it if he is not going to take it.

12 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Including super heat sayfutinov scored over half (23)of Ipswich team total (45) 

I know Ipswich were running RR, but for one rider to be in half of the 16 races seems wrong somehow.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TTT said:

Agree.

Tonight's defeat means nothing from an Ippo perspective because it wasn't Ipswich's real side, No team would be able to cope with their No.3, 4 & 5 missing on the same night. 

Although, apart from the Rusk, Ippo's guests were the most dangerous; I don't think that King and Ellis would have done much better. Having said that, probably Doyle would have done more in Heats 15 and 16, though it was obvious that the Brummies riders were letting Emil go and team riding Klindt out.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

He said it though,why would he say it if he is not going to take it.

Zischke probably agreed with Darcy's advice, so followed it. But if he keeps scoring double figures for Workington & feels he's not getting enough racing, he could end up changing his mind.

13 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Zischke probably agreed with Darcy's advice, so followed it. But if he keeps scoring double figures for Workington & feels he's not getting enough racing, he could end up changing his mind.

He did say he’s was practising in Poland this year.Might be busy with that too.Would think his sights are set elsewhere if he continues his upward curve.Some talent.His nasty head injury set him back a bit though, but seems to be over it .

28 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Although, apart from the Rusk, Ippo's guests were the most dangerous; I don't think that King and Ellis would have done much better. Having said that, probably Doyle would have done more in Heats 15 and 16, though it was obvious that the Brummies riders were letting Emil go and team riding Klindt out.

Oh come on I know you’ll want to justify a win by making claims you’d have won anyway even if Ipswich were at full strength but we all know that’s not true. Klindt 7 points from 6 rides and Batchelor 6 points from 5 isn’t particularly impressive. I think King and Ellis would have improved on that. End of the day a win is a win, Birmingham were handed a golden opportunity and grabbed it with both hands which is all that matters. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, *JJ said:

You won the meeting fair and square no arguments from any Witches fans …. But to say that King and Ellis wouldn’t have done better than Batch and Klindt is farcical 

You won and it’s good to see you competitive 

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 2

On 5/26/2024 at 9:18 PM, Arch Stanton said:

Perhaps ol Shano knew what was coming :D 

I’m not saying anything haha you get fast news when you live in Poland 50 percent of your time and it’s the number one speedway league !

19 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I might be jumping the gun but Birmingham could make the play offs and be dangerous if Lindgren does well 

Oddly was thinking the same last night - They could certainly have a bearing on the final spot yes by beating teams above them, could they sneak into the playoffs? - they might have JUST made changes in time!

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

I might be jumping the gun but Birmingham could make the play offs and be dangerous if Lindgren does well 

I personally think they've dropped too many points at home already. But if they can pick up wins at 4th place rivals Leicester & Oxford, then they have a chance.

At least should be good enough to avoid the wooden spoon now.