British Speedway Forum

Birmingham v Ipswich Mon 27th May PL

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

France Lovey, France :D  Or is this some kind of joke that has gone completely over my head? Wouldn’t be the first time :D 

I believe it's a reference to the same injury he sustained over the winter in Australia.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MumsieCulpepper said:

I believe it's a reference to the same injury he sustained over the winter in Australia.

Ahh thank you. Fingers crossed then that it doesn’t become a major issue. After his struggles last year he’s been going very nicely.

Edited by Arch Stanton

13 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Is this likely to be streamed on the Birmingham website tomorrow does anyone know? Not listed to be as yet

Wont be streamed at all, premiership clubs aren't allowed to stream on days Eurosport/BSN go live

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

France Lovey, France :D  Or is this some kind of joke that has gone completely over my head? Wouldn’t be the first time :D 

After last Sundays crash in Poland which affected his meeting in Hungary on Monday… 

yeah … it’s completely over your head. 

and yes … France is lovely 

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Ellis dislocated a shoulder riding in Aus ...

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

55 minutes ago, MumsieCulpepper said:

10 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

After last Sundays crash in Poland which affected his meeting in Hungary on Monday… 

Ok now I’m even more confused. France, Australia, Poland and Hungary, yeah I’ll leave this one :D

And I don’t doubt France is lovely, never been myself mind. “Lovey” was I believe Roger Jacobs old account on here (I think), I’m sure he’ll soon correct me if I’m wrong.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Is this likely to be streamed on the Birmingham website tomorrow does anyone know? Not listed to be as yet

Unfortunately not,  according to the pre meeting post on the official club site 

Edited by the hobbit
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

No - he was riding in Aus in the winter and damaged a shoulder.  I’m sure I read that he also had an operation in a shoulder last year  …

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Batch has been riding really well for Worky to be fair Badge, but still a tall order to replace Ellis who has been riding well for us and stepped up when we lost Doyley at Lynn on Thursday. You’re right though, we need to all do a rain dance! Doesn’t look too bad on the forecast though. King, Doyle and now Ellis! What a mess. 

He also rode for Birmingham last year so let’s hope he will have a good meeting - if the right batch turns up then he will be ok! 

might be a good thing that the pick n mix witches are there before Freddie arrives! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

It says Lovey … Arch has sussed me out, even though I have no idea who s/he is.

At least I keep up with the news from Aus ;-)

Oh well, decisions decisions, was looking forward to the drive up to Birmingham today, awkward fixture, but after Thursday's team efforts at Lynn, i was in good spirits.....but no Ellis is a huge blow, result defining and probably the bonus point gone, and then i see its Batchelor in his place, wow, a rider i vowed id never watch ride for Ipswich again. Long way to go, but i have to support the boys, people will say if Batch goes well we have a chance, for me i hope im wrong, but he wont go well and i suppose its a case of we have the points in the bag so today is a free hit.

I also am hearing rumours a GP rider is set to replace Janowski at Oxford......Would Janowski fit into Ipswich's septet as an Injury Replacement, and what is Lewis Kerr doing at the moment, have Oxford binned him or is he still in their plans.

2 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

He also rode for Birmingham last year so let’s hope he will have a good meeting - if the right batch turns up then he will be ok! 

might be a good thing that the pick n mix witches are there before Freddie arrives! 

Unfortunately we are back there next Monday in KO cup I believe and Freddies first meeting, and if we're still depleted we might need the gods on our side.

36 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Unfortunately we are back there next Monday in KO cup I believe and Freddies first meeting, and if we're still depleted we might need the gods on our side.

KOC-Up, unless Leicester win on aggregate on Thursday night, then it's another Prem match!

Edited by Roger Jacobs

3 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

KOC-Up, unless Leicester win on aggregate on Thursday night, then it's another Prem match!

How's the weather looking, hope this meeting doesn't turn into another Bellevue type fiasco