British Speedway Forum

Birmingham v Ipswich Mon 27th May PL

10 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Can Ipswich wait that long? Maybe he should try Championship, it may help his development.

Not really an option as he is already riding in both Poland and Denmark.

29 minutes ago, tocha said:

Not really an option as he is already riding in both Poland and Denmark.

Well he must be riding better in those countries or he would of been be sacked by now. He has potential to be a decent rider but he is at reserve now and still not scoring consistently but hopefully with help from Doyle and Emil he can improve especially away.

Edited by foreverblue

11 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

He will come good ,just needs another year or two in top league

He needs consistency which will come - he rode really well at Owlerton the other week at KL he was up against much stronger reserves! A riders career rise (or decline) is never linear there will be great weeks and not so great weeks.

Witches weaker - Birmingham won't get a better chance Klint (for Danny) can be really good on his day but Witches will miss JD for sure.

18 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't understand the point you are trying to make, but I think you're the only person on the Forum who thinks Birmingham have a good / strong team. I tried to be positive before, but they've shown me the truth, they are absolutely awful!

Strong team ...what planet is he on...lol

• Haha 1

Lets go back to before the season started,

Brum could not run on a Wednesday because Greyhound racing was being run on that night,

Brum could only run on a Monday, so instead of folding they put application in to run in the big league,

League could not decide if they were to be allowed in or not !, it was  your IN your Out your In your Out x5 ,

So the delay in getting an answer to the question caused the inability to sign decent riders with the correct

averages which 2 of the riders had, because the other teams in the league had extra time to sign the big names.

Brum are only bad because the League made them bad through delays,

Come On You Brummies.    

• Like 2

On 5/25/2024 at 2:22 PM, foreverblue said:

And Rew not much better.

18 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Can Ipswich wait that long? Maybe he should try Championship, it may help his development.

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Well he must be riding better in those countries or he would have been be sacked by now. He has potential to be a decent rider but he is at reserve now and still not scoring consistently but hopefully with help from Doyle and Emil he can improve especially away.

Think you’re being a bit reactionary to Thursdays poor performance. And yes, it was a dreadful performance but to be fair to the lad, that’s the first real stinker he’s had. Over all meetings last year, Rew averaged 4.43 with a GSA of 3.74. This season so far, he’s averaging 5.51 with a GSA of 4.76. While not pulling up any trees by any means, he’s averaging just over a point more so far than last year so definite signs of improvement. 

Edited by Aries
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

https://x.com/ipswichspeedway/status/1794793821219532810?s=61&t=WGGG_bqEEeOH78cfmD9Reg

Oh dear. Get well soon, another on the treatment table. This is getting ridiculous. 

Heck, we could really do with a rain off, Batchelor for goodness sake :rolleyes:

Speedy recovery guys, we need you 

Edited by Badge

14 minutes ago, Badge said:

Heck, we could really do with a rain off, Batchelor for goodness sake :rolleyes:

Batch has been riding really well for Worky to be fair Badge, but still a tall order to replace Ellis who has been riding well for us and stepped up when we lost Doyley at Lynn on Thursday. You’re right though, we need to all do a rain dance! Doesn’t look too bad on the forecast though. King, Doyle and now Ellis! What a mess. 

21 minutes ago, Badge said:

Even if Ipswich lose at Birmingham, still gonna make the play-offs. No cause for concern till the last 4 meetings of the season.

• Like 2

Bloody hell, the easiest fixture for Ipswich on paper and you could now probably write this one off! What Ipswich and the injured riders should guard against, is being tempted to return too early because of the situation. The worse thing you could do is rush a return and aggravate the injuries and face a longer spell on the sidelines. Heard King is pushing to return possibly Thursday, not sure myself..

On 5/25/2024 at 11:25 AM, Shano101 said:

As a Witches fan it was amazing having Tom riding for us Thursday but I’m concerned he may put in another performance like that against us and do some major damage in Doyle absence! Birmingham have a strong side and I don’t think the league shows their true ability. Shame we can’t get our full team together even when King is back due to Doyle injury! 

On 5/25/2024 at 12:27 PM, orion said:

Brum might win this due to Ippo having no Doyle or King but Brum a strong side..? 

23 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't understand the point you are trying to make, but I think you're the only person on the Forum who thinks Birmingham have a good / strong team. I tried to be positive before, but they've shown me the truth, they are absolutely awful!

22 hours ago, orion said:

Brum are going to come bottom and wont win away from home . that is not a good team 

4 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Strong team ...what planet is he on...lol

Perhaps ol Shano knew what was coming :D 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

They’ve already announced him. 

Yes just seen, was told Friday it was a done deal so just wondered if they’d have waited until Mondays meeting or if they were going to make and announcement about an announcement :-)