British Speedway Forum

Birmingham v Ipswich Mon 27th May PL

BIRMINGHAM: 1. Piotr Pawlicki 7.50 2. Steve Worrall 6.14 © 3. Zach Cook 5.53 4. Justin Sedgmen 5.07 5. Tom Brennan 6.37 6. Wiktor Lampart 4.35 7. Leon Flint (RS). Team Manager: Sam Ermolenko

IPSWICH: 1. Emil Sayfutdinov 9.65 2. Nicolai Klindt (G) 7.50 3. R/R for Jason Doyle 9.18 4. Dan Thompson 4.46 (RS) 5. Adam Ellis 5.74 © 6. Keynan Rew 4.00 7. Jordan Jenkins 3.83. Team Manager: Ritchie Hawkins

Planning on travelling up from East Anglia for this. 
Never been to Perry Barr before. Any advice for parking/food nearby? I saw the parking info on the Brummies website, is there lots available there? 
Thanks in advance 

4 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Never been to Perry Barr before. Any advice for parking/food nearby? I saw the parking info on the Brummies website, is there lots available there? 
Thanks in advance 

There is limited on-site car parking but plenty of space in overflow car park just 5 mins walk from stadium

food options at one stop shopping centre across the road or fast food options in stadium 

see you Monday.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The H Man said:

There is limited on-site car parking but plenty of space in overflow car park just 5 mins walk from stadium

food options at one stop shopping centre across the road or fast food options in stadium 

see you Monday.  

Thanks for your help 

Edited by DoubleJ

6 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Thanks in advance 

There is a Wetherspoons over the road at One Stop, a KFC, Burger King, Greggs, Subway, and of course Asda (but no café). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Thanks in advance 

In stadium car park no. Get there early if I was you

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Thanks for your help 

But don't follow a satnav; it is much easier to go to Junction 7 of the M6 an then south down the A34. The stadium is about 2 miles on the left. (Though not the athletic track ...)

• Like 1

As a Witches fan it was amazing having Tom riding for us Thursday but I’m concerned he may put in another performance like that against us and do some major damage in Doyle absence! Birmingham have a strong side and I don’t think the league shows their true ability. Shame we can’t get our full team together even when King is back due to Doyle injury! 

1 hour ago, Shano101 said:

As a Witches fan it was amazing having Tom riding for us Thursday but I’m concerned he may put in another performance like that against us and do some major damage in Doyle absence! Birmingham have a strong side and I don’t think the league shows their true ability. Shame we can’t get our full team together even when King is back due to Doyle injury! 

Brum might win this due to Ippo having no Doyle or King but Brum a strong side..? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, orion said:

Brum might win this due to Ippo having no Doyle or King but Brum a strong side..? 

Brum unpredictable. Klindt a decent guest for King, and the Witches are working well as a team - even so, will need one of the reserves to click. Could be close - either way.

32 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Brum unpredictable. Klindt a decent guest for King, and the Witches are working well as a team - even so, will need one of the reserves to click. Could be close - either way.

Reserves are a issue for Ipswich, Rew and Jenkins have struggled and Doyle out is a big miss also King who usually is very good at Perry Barr, maybe close as Birmingham are so poor.

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Reserves are a issue for Ipswich, Rew and Jenkins have struggled and Doyle out is a big miss also King who usually is very good at Perry Barr, maybe close as Birmingham are so poor.

Jenkins has gone backwards this year, I was expecting him to push on a little.

Witches will be weaker without Doyle & King, so Brummies have a chance (on paper). But at the same time I wouldn't be surprised to see Birmingham lose by 20. They have a habit of performing poorly when they have a chance of a result.

2 hours ago, orion said:

Yes, if we had king and Doyle I think we may be too strong for brum, but without them we may struggle. Brum are a good team and the league showing little points makes them look like it should be a walk over is what I was getting at. 
Rew has been hot and cold. Thompson pulls off one of his top meetings and we should win.

9 hours ago, Shano101 said:

5 hours ago, Shano101 said:

Yes, if we had king and Doyle I think we may be too strong for brum, but without them we may struggle. Brum are a good team and the league showing little points makes them look like it should be a walk over is what I was getting at. 
Rew has been hot and cold. Thompson pulls off one of his top meetings and we should win.

I don't understand the point you are trying to make, but I think you're the only person on the Forum who thinks Birmingham have a good / strong team. I tried to be positive before, but they've shown me the truth, they are absolutely awful!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shano101 said:

Brum are going to come bottom and wont win away from home . that is not a good team 

• Like 2