British Speedway Forum

Workington v Oxford championship 3pm 25/05/24

3 hours ago, iainb said:

He had a bit of a mare... maybe a spell in the sin bin is required

lets hope you are in there with him and give us all a break !

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, gjcone44 said:

dont get your knickers in a twist Steve.

Carlos Sainz came back and won a GP after having his appendix out... just sayingĀ :D

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, iainb said:

Carlos Sainz came back and won a GP after having his appendix out... just sayingĀ :D

He's a bit of a miracle man is Carlos , he even managed to recover from being out of today's race to finishing on the rostrum. Not many can claim that:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

off topic but cant understandĀ  swaping carlos for lewis for 25Ā 

Ā 

3 race wins vs 103?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Definitely was Boughen winning. JJ held back Vissing to ensure the 5-1 for him and AshtonĀ 

I was watching livestream, didnā€™t notice the result was given other than that

SoĀ have they stopped using the transponders for tight decisionsĀ 

4 hours ago, iainb said:

Carlos obviously had keyhole surgery with a significantly reduced recovery time. IfĀ  Celina had open surgery, recovery time is so much longer, I can personally vouch for this.

2 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Carlos obviously had keyhole surgery with a significantly reduced recovery time. IfĀ  Celina had open surgery, recovery time is so much longer, I can personally vouch for this.

well we will give her as much time as she needs to see when she wins her 1st gp.

1 hour ago, mac101 said:

SoĀ have they stopped using the transponders for tight decisionsĀ 

Apparently the cheap version of the transponders that them in charge have bought do not work all the time, heard timesĀ Ā are upto 3 seconds slower than old 2 stopwatch timings !!! Didn't one track move the start line but did not move the transponders receiver !!!

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Apparently the cheap version of the transponders that them in charge have bought do not work all the time, heard timesĀ Ā are upto 3 seconds slower than old 2 stopwatch timings !!! Didn't one track move the start line but did not move the transponders receiver !!!

it was announced at the start of the stream that transponders were being used . plus no plsyback for the ref in the hut .

Ā 

13 hours ago, gjcone44 said:

well we will give her as much time as she needs to see when she wins her 1st gp.

poor comment .

Edited by j2ohh

13 hours ago, Neila said:

On Saturday, all riders had transponders, the system was used throughout and worked well (and accurately).

The automatic start system was NOT in use.

What you have "heard" about transponder timing is nonsense.Ā  Times at all tracks correspond accurately with old watches, when also used, with any discrepancies usually the result of human frailties on the watches.

The only track to move their start line this year (as far as I am aware) is Berwick, and of course the transponder sensors were moved too.

I can only suggest you have your "hearing" checked.......

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

On Saturday, all riders had transponders, the system was used throughout and worked well (and accurately).

The automatic start system was NOT in use.

What you have "heard" about transponder timing is nonsense.Ā  Times at all tracks correspond accurately with old watches, when also used, with any discrepancies usually the result of human frailties on the watches.

The only track to move their start line this year (as far as I am aware) is Berwick, and of course the transponder sensors were moved too.

I can only suggest you have your "hearing" checked.......

Some people are just so ill informed and want to believe every negative thing they hear about the sport.Ā 

• Like 1