British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Plymouth Gladiators Bsn now 24 th May

8 minutes ago, lewy said:

Yes because they called it off to late and fans had already travelled. Doh!

The corresponding fixture was called of on the 30th of April, 1 day before, don't take that long to get from Plymouth does it, DOH! :party:

8 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

The corresponding fixture was called of on the 30th of April, 1 day before, don't take that long to get from Plymouth does it, DOH! :party:

Deary me Arthur54, trying to be clever isn't your forte is it I doubt you would make the Poole pirates trivial pursuit team  the original staging of this match was April 10th, and a late call off. Doh! Just hope the correct call is made I appreciate how difficult that can be.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I hope Covatti is riding tomorrow. Plymouth need to be at full strength. 53-37ish. Will do better than Workington.

Covatti will be there

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

depends if it feels like dumping it on Poole .:nono:

That's a good idea to have a dump on Poole :rolleyes: best practice at Plymouth 1st as that IS a dump

4 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Another £150 wasted, fool & their money….

Hi darling, we can go for a candlelight supper if the speedway is off. Plus a lovely flat white with carrot cake nibbles ;)

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, lbw said:

Hi darling, we can go for a candlelight supper if the speedway is off. Plus a lovely flat white with carrot cake nibbles ;)

Sounds like he's turned you down 

• Haha 1

Credit where credit is due, Poole have acted swiftly to prevent bad PR and running the risk of a late decision. 

On balance, with all the forecasts available and I’d imagine the track curator will have a more sophisticated weather system than a mobile phone app, it’s the right call and well done to both clubs for facilitating such a swift rearrangement on Friday 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I hope Covatti is riding tomorrow. Plymouth need to be at full strength. 53-37ish. Will do better than Workington.

That should not be hard to do .  

10 hours ago, lewy said:

Deary me Arthur54, trying to be clever isn't your forte is it I doubt you would make the Poole pirates trivial pursuit team  the original staging of this match was April 10th, and a late call off. Doh! Just hope the correct call is made I appreciate how difficult that can be.

Well it's been called off in plenty of time, restaging this Friday 

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

Sounds like he's turned you down 

Never mind, I haven't travelled down anyway. No money wasted on the candles :D

But I will be back on Friday :t:

C'mon the Boyzzzz!

Edited by lbw
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I can't read Polish, and no translate on Instagram stories but seems like Ben Cook signed in Poland? If so, good for him!! 

Got the link?

Fogo Unia Leszno decided to contract a new player. Australian Ben Cook was loaned to the Bulls team from Polonia Piła. The 26-year-old competitor may be a somewhat anonymous figure for some fans in Poland, because he has not raced in our country yet. However, he successfully competes in the British league, where he represents Belle Vue Aces in the Premiership and Poole Pirates in the Championship (second level of the competition). In January, he took a good sixth place in the Australian individual championship, distancing himself from Chris Holder, Josh Pickering, Sam Masters and Ryan Douglas in the classification.

Interestingly, Ben Cook has a two-year younger brother - Zach, who in 2022 competed in the U-24 Ekstraliga for KS Toruń and appeared in Apator's match squad three times for PGE Ekstraliga matches.

Ben Cook in Fogo Unia Leszno can replace the injured Janusz Kołodziej, but also, for example, the poorly performing Bartosz Smektała. On Friday, the Bulls will host the Polish champion - Orlen Oil Motor Lublin. Cook will not play in this match yet. The Australian is scheduled to appear in Leszno next week.
The meeting starts at 18:00. Live coverage on WP SportoweFakty.

29 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

What about Saturday? or any other weekends?

It says next week if translation is correct and we already been to Berwick. So should be okay? 

Edit - I guess if any other clashes on a Friday when we are at Edinburgh/Glasgow/Redcar/Scunny then we just have to get a guest in. 

Edited by lisa-colette