British Speedway Forum

Oxford vs Middlesbrough - Sat 19th May

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

But a guest is still a guest and their not allowed one which everyone , but you , appears to understand.

Think you're confusing me with Szkocjasid.   He's the one who pointed out you were wrong.

I was just explaining why you were wrong.   Alas, you still don't seem to understand the rules.

22 minutes ago, ch958 said:

looking at the scores of the older guests, it would have been more productive to give 2 kids a go

There wasn't any ‘ guests ‘ !

and there actually wasn't as Hutt is an Oxford lad and Mudgway was a Redcar Cub when he started and a Bear when he finished, but…..

any comments on the quality of the meeting ? rather than technical points gathering .

Edited by KK62
  • Like 1

Because Alex Spooner hasn’t ridden for Oxford we are not allowed a facility for him hence the 2.0average unattached rider. Although this is clearly the only league that doesn’t get facilities, as both Plymouth and Birmingham were allowed facilities for riders that hadn’t ridden for the clubs.

The ref made an absolute bloody howler by excluding Jody Scott it was clear the trigger flicked his wheel out at Jody. Trigger should have been out or with a very big push it should have been all 4 back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoundTheBoards said:

You've got to wonder what the 2 stand-ins with a combined age of 75 offered in this meeting.

Middlesbrough had to make a redecleration to use Mudgeway as Jake Mulford was away at an international meeting in Germany & it was deemed to be more helpful to his ongoing progress to honour this commitment & to offer a team that used a novice at number one was not a step the club wanted to take. So step forward Jade Mudgeway & thank you for your efforts.

For Wayne Hutt I'll agree he is not at this level & he is 40 but he is available as a 3.00 unattached rider & there might have been others but with limited options he stepped in to fill a gap.

Both teams had a full 7 riders, each race had 4 starters weather we like the rules or not both teams complied without question & a full match was seen by all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KK62 said:

There wasn't any ‘ guests ‘ !

and there actually wasn't as Hutt is an Oxford lad and Mudgway was a Redcar Cub when he started and a Bear when he finished, but…..

any comments on the quality of the meeting ? rather than technical points gathering .

ok - stand ins - you know exactly what i was getting at. What a really negative comment. It was an opportunity for two kids, thats all I'm saying and I know both sides could have found one. After all, thats what the league is supposed to be for, or so i thought

Edited by ch958
extra info
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ch958 said:

ok - stand ins - you know exactly what i was getting at. What a really negative comment. It was an opportunity for two kids, thats all I'm saying and I know both sides could have found one. After all, thats what the league is supposed to be for, or so i thought

Whilst I agree the league is/should be about bringing the younger riders through, This situation would possibly done more harm than good as they would have been riding at number 1 for Redcar & 2 for Oxford. The rules do not allow promotion of a reserve & then the unattached rider slots in as reserve

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Debbi said:

Because Alex Spooner hasn’t ridden for Oxford we are not allowed a facility for him hence the 2.0average unattached rider. Although this is clearly the only league that doesn’t get facilities, as both Plymouth and Birmingham were allowed facilities for riders that hadn’t ridden for the clubs.

The ref made an absolute bloody howler by excluding Jody Scott it was clear the trigger flicked his wheel out at Jody. Trigger should have been out or with a very big push it should have been all 4 back.

Plymouth yes, explain the Birmingham one?

On 5/17/2024 at 10:29 PM, homer said:

Mulford is racing in Germany , Tigers not allowed a guest so Mudgway has agreed to step in for one match might want to get your facts together before spouting crap

Hats off got that wrong. I had completely forgotten that the ruling of re-declaring a rider into a side had been thrown out the window. Im sure this little rule tweak will help no end and we shall likely see see plenty of riders dropping in and out of sides just before big average reductions and then re-introduced at the expense of another rider. 

12 hours ago, ch958 said:

What a sensitive soul you are. I was merely being sarcastic to the comments discussing the validity of the non ‘guests’.

As someone involved in the junior side of speedway Im fully aware of the state of the NDL but totally understand why both clubs did what they did.

There actually isn't that many unattached juniors of a satisfactory standard that could have filled the spots with another fixture already taking place using up a majority of such riders in Kent.

1 hour ago, KK62 said:

What a sensitive soul you are. I was merely being sarcastic to the comments discussing the validity of the non ‘guests’.

As someone involved in the junior side of speedway Im fully aware of the state of the NDL but totally understand why both clubs did what they did.

There actually isn't that many unattached juniors of a satisfactory standard that could have filled the spots with another fixture already taking place using up a majority of such riders in Kent.

I guess the three months notice that Oxford had wasn't enough time to find a junior!

In reality Oxford aren't that fussed for these fixtures so saving a few quid and keeping a local happy is enough for them. In a months time when they travel to Belle Vue needing a win before travelling to Leicester where the score line sets the tone of the season the choice of guest is going to be far more important.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

In reality Oxford aren't that fussed for these fixtures so saving a few quid and keeping a local happy is enough for them. In a months time when they travel to Belle Vue needing a win before travelling to Leicester where the score line sets the tone of the season the choice of guest is going to be far more important.

Bingo

8 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

I guess the three months notice that Oxford had wasn't enough time to find a junior!

As Middlesbrough only found out Mulford wasn't available two weeks ago thats simply isnt true in their case but I can’t speak for Oxford.

Edited by KK62

1 hour ago, KK62 said:

As Middlesbrough only found out Mulford wasn't available two weeks ago thats simply isnt true in their case but I can’t speak for Oxford.

Alex Spooner had the latest operation on his collar bone in February, and Oxford knew he wouldn't be fit until the summer (at the earliest).