British Speedway Forum

Workington v Edinburgh 18/05/24 3pm championship

27 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

Was some better racing than score suggests 

But still well beaten 

Dont understand why t/s wasn't used earlier not that it would have made a difference

Said exactly the same about the racing, great win. 

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

Was some better racing than score suggests 

But still well beaten 

Dont understand why t/s wasn't used earlier not that it would have made a difference

If the plan was to use the tac sub against McGurk to "guarantee" points, then heat 12 was the first opportunity to use it.

Can’t believe how bad we were today. Truly awful. 6 points combined from lasse and Josh rides definitely didn’t help would like to of think they would’ve been could for 10 more than that as a pair. Still not enough for a win as kye outside his first heat was awful getting passed in one race by one reserve and struggling to hold the other off in another summed him up. Connor is a waste of time at the moment unfortunately nobody around on his average to replace him otherwise I think he’s be off. 

Anyway rant over. First time to northside since it’s been done up cracking set up and great track even though it was a bit one lined today with the weather but potential is there. Any more wins like that for the comets and they’ll be skint with the wage bill they’ve got.

2 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Can’t believe how bad we were today. Truly awful. 6 points combined from lasse and Josh rides definitely didn’t help would like to of think they would’ve been could for 10 more than that as a pair. Still not enough for a win as kye outside his first heat was awful getting passed in one race by one reserve and struggling to hold the other off in another summed him up. Connor is a waste of time at the moment unfortunately nobody around on his average to replace him otherwise I think he’s be off. 

Anyway rant over. First time to northside since it’s been done up cracking set up and great track even though it was a bit one lined today with the weather but potential is there. Any more wins like that for the comets and they’ll be skint with the wage bill they’ve got.

Evened out by the big defeat at Poole :D

No doubt we didn't see the real Monarch's with Josh Pickering and Lasse Fredriksen missing.  Rider replacement and guest didn't score what the two missing riders would have while Josh is an out and out racer who would have lifted the entertainment level further, shame he wasn't riding. Paco Castagna improved and finished with 2 of the Monarchs 3 heat victories and was decent value for his 11 points , Sedgy chipped in with 9 but no one else really caught the eye. Key Thomson started with a nice win but surprisingly made little impression after  that when he looked like he was going to have a good afternoon. Young Sam Hagon looked a different rider in the No 2 position than the one who scored double figures against us as reserve for Poole on Wednesday. Rider of the meeting for the Comets was young Tate Zischke, protected by some good defensive riding from Cookie who looked a little down on his normal pace the Grandchester Flyer was imperious and it was great to see him go over to Andrew and Steve following his win in heat 15 and take their congratulations along with the skipper.  All the Comets chipped in with points today and that can only help with confidence especially for Sam and Celina. a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon at Costa del Northside. 

Message to  all the Comets riders more donuts, wheelies, burnouts and coming round following heat wins please, the crowd appreciate it and like Batch said in a previous interview with Roy albeit in the context of tracks ' It's about entertainment'

Thank you to the Monarchs fans who made the journey it was good to see you guys. After watching Comets ship 61 points at Poole Wednesday I know how you guys will have been feeling. 

Up The Comets.

Edited by SteelShoe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelShoe said:

No doubt we didn't see the real Monarch's with Josh Pickering and Lasse Fredriksen missing.  Rider replacement and guest didn't score what the two missing riders would have while Josh is an out and out racer who would have lifted the entertainment level further, shame he wasn't riding. Paco Castagna improved and finished with 2 of the Monarchs 3 heat victories and was decent value for his 11 points , Sedgy chipped in with 9 but no one else really caught the eye. Key Thomson started with a nice win but surprisingly made little impression after  that when he looked like he was going to have a good afternoon. Young Sam Hagon looked a different rider in the No 2 position than the one who scored double figures against us as reserve for Poole on Wednesday. Rider of the meeting for the Comets was young Tate Zischke, protected by some good defensive riding from Cookie who looked a little down on his normal pace the Grandchester Flyer was imperious and it was great to see him and go over to Andrew and Steve following his win in heat 15 and take their congratulations along with the skipper.  All the Comets chipped in with points today and that can only help with confidence especially for Sam and Celina. a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon at Costa del Northside. 

Message to  all the Comets riders more donuts, wheelies, burnouts and coming round following heat wins please, the crowd appreciate it and like Batch said in a previous interview with Roy albeit in the context of tracks ' It's about entertainment'

Thank you to the Monarchs fans who made the journey it was good to see you guys. After watching Comets ship 61 points at Poole Wednesday I know how you guys will have been feeling. 

Up The Comets.

Pleased to see Cookie back to his old self. I wasn’t there yesterday but wasn’t surprised at the result.

We signed essentially same top 5 as last year with Justin in for Craig. As mentioned before our senior reserve is struggling.

We didn’t have our 1 and 2 and no way did we have depth to cover R/R with three reserves in team. 

Monarchs had been interested in Vuolas too but he signed for Comets. Would have liked to have seen some fresh faces blended in with senior riders.

Other commitments permitting I often go to Workington matches on Saturdays to support Cookie.

Great racing, lovely people and an exciting team.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Pleased to see Cookie back to his old self. I wasn’t there yesterday but wasn’t surprised at the result.

We signed essentially same top 5 as last year with Justin in for Craig. As mentioned before our senior reserve is struggling.

We didn’t have our 1 and 2 and no way did we have depth to cover R/R with three reserves in team. 

Monarchs had been interested in Vuolas too but he signed for Comets. Would have liked to have seen some fresh faces blended in with senior riders.

Other commitments permitting I often go to Workington matches on Saturdays to support Cookie.

Great racing, lovely people and an exciting team.

Yeah Cookie has been going along nicely apart from a poor night at Poole. Our reserves have generally had a hard time against most opposition raced against to date and your two reserves appear to be the same at the moment. We are hoping for consistent improvement in the gating of Sam and Celina because this is very important when racing against guys of similar ability. Comets had to play catch up with regards to team building due to the late decision to go Championship but we are more than happy with how Tate and Antti have adapted to British Speedway. Both seem very level headed, have very good bike skills and appear intelligent riders , in fact it's fair to say we are more than happy with them . Batch has also been impressive his bike skills on numerous occasions in winning races have been top notch. 

I can understand your desire for fresh faces on the back of last season.  

5 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Was Celina’s gating noticeably better yesterday?

She had a new clutch in yesterday in an effort to improve her gating. She was noticeably quicker from the gate in heat 2 , not as noticeable in her other 3 rides from memory.

51 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

She had a new clutch in yesterday in an effort to improve her gating. She was noticeably quicker from the gate in heat 2 , not as noticeable in her other 3 rides from memory.

She certainly is on the pace most races but very poor out the starts  most of the time.Its McGurk that would be the bigger disappointment of the 2 reserves for me.

I won’t comment on my team apart from to apologise to the Worky support for the lack of competition, especially those who wanted to see Josh on the new track ….. get well soon Josh!!!
As usual tho’ really enjoyed our visit to Worky and Joes Plaice on the way home

45 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

She certainly is on the pace most races but very poor out the starts  most of the time.Its McGurk that would be the bigger disappointment of the 2 reserves for me.

they both deserve the time to improve as the season goes on .

who would you put in ?

me , i am happy both reserves are here and giving it a go .

cannot see anyone being shipped out . we are NOT  a team fra Scotland .

you aint laffing now marra . UTCM

32 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

I won’t comment on my team apart from to apologise to the Worky support for the lack of competition, especially those who wanted to see Josh on the new track ….. get well soon Josh!!!
As usual tho’ really enjoyed our visit to Worky and Joes Plaice on the way home

Any update on Josh?

Would hate to think we are R/R on Friday.

1 minute ago, Endeavour said:

Any update on Josh?

Would hate to think we are R/R on Friday.

Believe he’s away to Poland on Tuesday to get it assessed. 

I think we will probably have a guest on Friday and the week after. I’m sure you’ll be pleased with who’s lined up.

39 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

they both deserve the time to improve as the season goes on .

who would you put in ?

me , i am happy both reserves are here and giving it a go .

cannot see anyone being shipped out . we are NOT  a team fra Scotland .

you aint laffing now marra . UTCM

We didn't ship anyone out last season, we got Tarasenko due to Marcin being recalled by his Polish team as they were fighting for promotion and he felt that they needed him, we would happlily have kept Marcin, he was very popular with the fans. We are now in a position that we need to replace Lee and who knows what management are thinking about that. Losing Lee has cost us big time as he was expected to do well this season but alas his speedway career looks to be finished now. And I actually hope the Comets do very well as you have my number 1 as captain and I am following Celina's progress

Edited by Weeyin
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

I think we will probably have a guest on Friday and the week after. I’m sure you’ll be pleased with who’s lined up.

Cook

40 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

0.06 less than Josh GSA.

• Thanks 1