British Speedway Forum

Ipswich v Birmingham 16th May

39 minutes ago, Badge said:

Lol 5 home meetings and he's a regular :lol:

get him his own kevlars!

I hope to be there for this - think a decent home win - better than in the A Fixture in the likely outcome maybe 53-37ish

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

Well regardless of Buster and his early preventative call offs it is raining North of Colchester / south of Ipswich - It suggests it should be cleared by early PM today buts lets see! I hope its on tonight at Foxhall anyway!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

22 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Well regardless of Buster and his early preventative call offs it is raining North of Colchester / south of Ipswich - It suggests it should be cleared by early PM today buts lets see! I hope its on tonight at Foxhall anyway!

It's on the Ipswich Website that it's been postponed. Seems a bit premature though as the forecast is that the rain will clear by 4 p.m. I was actually planning to go tonight as well.....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, norbold said:

It's on the Ipswich Website that it's been postponed. Seems a bit premature though as the forecast is that the rain will clear by 4 p.m. I was actually planning to go tonight as well.....

The linked Twitter above says that the track can't take the rain predicted until 4pm ...

It's raining persistently in Kesgrave.

Edited by Roger Jacobs
  • Like 1

If you're getting the same kind of rain that we are in Norfolk then it's too heavy for any speedway today IMO. Just got absolutely drenched on the school run!

22 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

If you're getting the same kind of rain that we are in Norfolk then it's too heavy for any speedway today IMO. Just got absolutely drenched on the school run!

It's also hissing it down in Suffolk this morn, 10 miles outside of Ipi and it's been constant for the last couple of hrs.

Speedway meetings never used to be cancelled with such small amounts of rain - the meeting against Lynn last week being a case in point.  This is hurting not only the hosting tracks but also the sport in general and the riders themselves, because venues will continue to disappear.  Some people might say the bikes these days can't be ridden but if that's the case then it's not the tracks at fault but the bikes and it's really disappointing that it's got to this state.  I used to enjoy meetings on wet tracks as results were a little more unpredictable.  Rant over. 

• Like 4