British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn vs Sheffield, May 16th 2024

I really can’t see the meeting going ahead tomorrow! Forecast is raining all today and pretty much most of tomorrow. Will be a miracle if  we don’t see a cancellation by tonight or early hours tomorrow morning 

• Confused 1

So Jason Edwards out with his fractured cheekbone with Jack Smith coming in to replace him and Sportowefakty reported that Dan Giles crashed into his own teammate in Poland yesterday and has concussion so that would be him out for what the period of time for his age group is mandated in British Speedway, so Sheffield promotion will be on look out for another guest rider.  Can a RS with a Premiership club guest for another RS or does it have to be an unsigned RS??

23 minutes ago, 4BM said:

So Jason Edwards out with his fractured cheekbone with Jack Smith coming in to replace him and Sportowefakty reported that Dan Giles crashed into his own teammate in Poland yesterday and has concussion so that would be him out for what the period of time for his age group is mandated in British Speedway, so Sheffield promotion will be on look out for another guest rider.  Can a RS with a Premiership club guest for another RS or does it have to be an unsigned RS??

Not sure, but I believe it has to be an unsigned rider.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/u12gmt1fz#?date=2024-05-16

The forecast isn’t great to be fair. Light rain in the morning, heavy late morning to early afternoon, then a bit more light rain before turning dry. BUT, these forecasts change on a daily basis, it COULD look completely different in the morning. If it doesn’t change when everyone wakes up in the morning, then you can still make an early call off before anyone travels. We’re also at the time of year where temperatures are drying if any rain falls. Tyer pack the track hard in anticipation of the forecast rain, if it stops in the afternoon as forecast it should dry relatively quickly so then work on it, rip it up and prepare it for the meeting. It just seems nobody really wants to make any real effort at Lynn to get meetings on. Maybe I’m being harsh in this instance as I say, the forecast isn’t great but at least give it every chance before calling it. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Not now your'e not.

I admit the weather forecast for tomorrow, don't look great..  But how  did the forecast change so much from 3.57pm when it was tweeted the meeting was on, to 7pm, and it's off ?

The cynic in me tells me there's more to this.. 

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/u12gmt1fz#?date=2024-05-16

The forecast isn’t great to be fair. Light rain in the morning, heavy late morning to early afternoon, then a bit more light rain before turning dry. BUT, these forecasts change on a daily basis, it COULD look completely different in the morning. If it doesn’t change when everyone wakes up in the morning, then you can still make an early call off before anyone travels. We’re also at the time of year where temperatures are drying if any rain falls. Tyer pack the track hard in anticipation of the forecast rain, if it stops in the afternoon as forecast it should dry relatively quickly so then work on it, rip it up and prepare it for the meeting. It just seems nobody really wants to make any real effort at Lynn to get meetings on. Maybe I’m being harsh in this instance as I say, the forecast isn’t great but at least give it every chance before calling it. 

This in a nutshell. It seems as if all the stars have to align perfectly for a meeting to go ahead. Perfect weather, every single rider available etc. all just looks a very tired set up to me. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I admit the weather forecast for tomorrow, don't look great..  But how  did the forecast change so much from 3.57pm when it was tweeted the meeting was on, to 7pm, and it's off ?

This is what I mean. The forecasts can change on an hourly basis, let alone a daily basis. Who knows, the forecast in the morning could look even worse! But give it every chance and wait until the morning and see. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

9 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

In a word, Buster.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Aries said:

This in a nutshell. It seems as if all the stars have to align perfectly for a meeting to go ahead. Perfect weather, every single rider available etc. all just looks a very tired set up to me. 

I haven’t been to Lynn for a few years but I’ve read a few comments on here lately that it’s not particularly well attended these days with figures below 1000. Not sure if that’s accurate but if it is, is there really any wonder? Poor teams, season after season at the wrong end of the table, and a promotion that just seems to lack any drive and enthusiasm. The die hards will still go, but the flaky supporters aren’t going to see what’s being served up there and pay their hard earned. Lynn desperately need an injection of fresh blood at the top of the club, someone with drive and ambition, and fairly deep pockets always helps! I know they don’t grow on trees, but something needs to change there. 

50 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I haven’t been to Lynn for a few years but I’ve read a few comments on here lately that it’s not particularly well attended these days with figures below 1000. Not sure if that’s accurate but if it is, is there really any wonder? Poor teams, season after season at the wrong end of the table, and a promotion that just seems to lack any drive and enthusiasm. The die hards will still go, but the flaky supporters aren’t going to see what’s being served up there and pay their hard earned. Lynn desperately need an injection of fresh blood at the top of the club, someone with drive and ambition, and fairly deep pockets always helps! I know they don’t grow on trees, but something needs to change there. 

Brady who had cash to splash. The problem is unless you are totally comitted then you jeopardise the future of the club. Tasserenko, wojdilo, basso and musielek are great signings, they are positives. A potential of a team with Robert Lambert after this season is a positive. Rob lyon is a positive. I'd rather keep buster who has saved this club than risk the long list of owners who have been at the help and allowed clubs to fail. I bet Coventry, rye House, Eastbourne, Newport, etc wish they had a buster. It's a shame Brady couldn't stick it. He ticked all the boxes. 

• Like 1

Tbf, its probably the correct call, and all bar previous one have been correct too.

There 'might' be a small window to lay a track and rush through to heat 10, then everyone would complain they'd been short changed with riders being able to ride but not race. Buster can't win....

10 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Tbf, its probably the correct call, and all bar previous one have been correct too.

There 'might' be a small window to lay a track and rush through to heat 10, then everyone would complain they'd been short changed with riders being able to ride but not race. Buster can't win....

Why would the meeting be rushed through to heat 10? If you start the meeting and there’s no rain during the meeting then you finish the meeting. 

Edited by Arch Stanton