British Speedway Forum

Plymouth v worky

On 5/15/2024 at 3:05 PM, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I mean no offence whatsoever @DazS, but that statement is absolutely dripping with ignorance.

There isn’t a single more important professional metric on this planet than ensuring people’s safety.

I’d be very interested to learn more about your opinion on this as from an employment perspective, it’s a subject I’m exposed to on a daily basis.

Like making kids wear goggles when playing conkers,  kite flying banned on Bridlington beach, a shop refusing to inflate a balloon for h/s reasons, ban the yoyo and sack race, a racecourse banning picnics on the grounds that it constitutes a trip hazard, i could name numerous examples of this nonsense, i was brought up to use commom sense something sadly in short supply nowadays.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bellevueace said:

Like making kids wear goggles when playing conkers,  kite flying banned on Bridlington beach, a shop refusing to inflate a balloon for h/s reasons, ban the yoyo and sack race, a racecourse banning picnics on the grounds that it constitutes a trip hazard, i could name numerous examples of this nonsense, i was brought up to use commom sense something sadly in short supply nowadays.

This is literally the equivalent to discussing banking and complaining about the colour of pennies.

Or discussing the maritime industry and criticising the quality of blow-up pool toys.

The topic of discussion is Health & Safety within a sport which involves four people, travelling between 40MPH and 60MPH around a sphere-shaped track with no brakes, but you’re talking about conkers?

Honestly, this place is utterly mental.

Throttle cut-outs and folding foot rests, plus dirt deflectors, have significantly increased rider protection. Those are Health & Safety developments within the sport whereby the subject should be applauded.

If you want to talk about balloons being inflated, don’t quote me.

Edited by TheWellBehavedWorrall
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

i guess you were singing happy birthday (twice) while washing you hands during the so called pandemic. 90% of health and safety is called common sense, it is all about taking away your choice of how to do things, you must do things the government way,  if it weren't for risk takers you would be still living in a tree. the building industry is a joke now. with people like you telling experienced man how to do things, if i have hurt your feelings go and report me to H&S. :rofl:

• Like 1

Just now, DazS said:

i guess you were singing happy birthday (twice) while washing you hands during the so called pandemic. 90% of health and safety is called common sense, it is all about taking away your choice of how to do things, you must do things the government way,  if it weren't for risk takers you would be still living in a tree. the building industry is a joke now. with people like you telling experienced man how to do things, if i have hurt your feelings go and report me to H&S. :rofl:

I’m not vaccinated and I was based in a country in Central Asia largely unaffected by the pandemic.

As such, your uneducated assumption is instantly nullified. Well done.

In my opinion, there’s a blatant gap here: those of us who wish to discuss genuine Health & Safety matters which, for example, protect riders in the sport of speedway. Then, there’s you and @bellevueace: want to talk about conkers and shopkeepers refusing to blow-up balloons. Toilet bowl conversations.

was not the so called pandemic a health and safety issue to you then, so i did wrongly assume your position on that ,  but a large majority of the population were mind controlled into taking it, and there are a lot of people regretting it now. government love to tell people how to live there lives, and H&S, is part of that system. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

This is literally the equivalent to discussing banking and complaining about the colour of pennies.

Or discussing the maritime industry and criticising the quality of blow-up pool toys.

The topic of discussion is Health & Safety within a sport which involves four people, travelling between 40MPH and 60MPH around a sphere-shaped track with no brakes, but you’re talking about conkers?

Honestly, this place is utterly mental.

Throttle cut-outs and folding foot rests, plus dirt deflectors, have significantly increased rider protection. Those are Health & Safety developments within the sport whereby the subject should be applauded.

If you want to talk about balloons being inflated, don’t quote me.

6 hours ago, bellevueace said:

You were talking about H&S being the most important metric on the planet not just in speedway stadiums, it was a generalization, my point is health and safety is about taking personal responsibility, my examples of elf and safety gone mad shows how its got out of control with the kiljoys looking for risk where there is none, state nannying is taking away enjoyment from simple pleasures. As for speedway of course safety is paramount but with all the introductions of air fences, dirt deflectors etc its still four men racing 500cc motorcycles out of choice eradicating all risk is impossible. Look at the risks in other sports especially boxing, a sport that people actually want to ban.

Edited by bellevueace
  • Like 2

On 5/15/2024 at 3:05 PM, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I mean no offence whatsoever @DazS, but that statement is absolutely dripping with ignorance.

There isn’t a single more important professional metric on this planet than ensuring people’s safety.

I’d be very interested to learn more about your opinion on this as from an employment perspective, it’s a subject I’m exposed to on a daily basis.

my statement went way above you ignorant and arrogant head, prime example of my statement, happened yesterday in home bargains me my daughter (19) her boyfriend (21) went in to get  2 of these one use barbeques, i got in the q to pay for them, while they were looking at other stuff, i pay for my stuff and there is a guy in between us being served while my daughter says to me i think we need these steel barbeque skewers, so i pass them some money to pay for them. when the woman behind the counter ( in her mid thirties i would guess ) asks them for id. they did not have any on them, so saying she couldn't serve them, i says to her i gave them the money to get them, she says i still cant serve them, so i say ive paid for them for me, she then said i can not serve you for them, because i now know they are for them. her common sense gone, taken over by health and safety rules.  i mean no offence but your statement is absolutely pathetic. 

• Like 3

On 4/12/2024 at 8:58 PM, CTD26 said:

You’ve never got anything nice to say about anything or anyone. All for folk having opinions, but Jesus post something positive for once and stop being so miserable 

On 5/14/2024 at 8:52 PM, CTD26 said:

How this place is a professional level place I’ll never know. Horrific track.

On 5/14/2024 at 9:26 PM, CTD26 said:

Or ever for that matter

On 5/14/2024 at 9:52 PM, CTD26 said:

an absolute farmers field of a “track”

On 5/15/2024 at 11:01 AM, CTD26 said:

certainly won’t get all those who have been slating him all winter saying otherwise though.

Hmm B)

Great insight from Schlein, I thought, on BSN explaining why some of the foreign talent returning to the UK have been so crap

2 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

You bored? :rofl: 

Nope, just catching up on last weeks action, good win for your lot on that track. Great tactic of having Cookie bitching about the track and getting it changed to the way he wants it (like he did at Redcar)... and I mean that most sincerely

Edited by iainb

Just now, iainb said:

Nope, just catching up on last weeks action, good win for your lot on that track. Great tactic of having Cookie botching about the track and getting it changed to the way he wants it... and I mean that most sincerely

Yeah it was, was pleasantly surprised. Goes your way some times, that’s why he’s the captain :D 

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Nope, just catching up on last weeks action, good win for your lot on that track. Great tactic of having Cookie bitching about the track and getting it changed to the way he wants it (like he did at Redcar)... and I mean that most sincerely

The track was a disgrace a great big soft bit on the 3rd turn, I was there cheering on the comets to the win :D  UTC. 

I was also at Redcar and the track was a bit iffy to start with, but then again at the 1st visit we came away with a win, maybe we should have complained more at poole then we may have done better