British Speedway Forum

Plymouth v worky

The weather seems to have changed for the better on Tuesday,  hope today's rain is not too much. The worky fans are either already on holiday in Devon or setting off today/tomorrow for the long 400 mile trip down. Could be a good meeting,  my 1st visit UTC   

ps Plymouth fans can join in as you have not started a thread off yet :rolleyes:

I see Paco Castagna is guesting. Is he really better than r/r considering how well Barker goes at home, Dan T on great form, Newman who scored a bundle last time & Bowtell?

If Covatti's facility has ended, that explains it.

Edited by szkocjasid

26 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I see Paco Castagna is guesting. Is he really better than r/r considering how well Barker goes at home, Dan T on great form, Newman who scored a bundle last time & Bowtell?

Would have thought better with R/R.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

I'd always go with seven riders rather than six if possible and realistic.

thats what workington are doing and have a secret weapon ! ! !

Paco goes well around the Colosseum too, the Bar Bandits enjoy watching Paco so he’ll get a warm reception. Fingers crossed our championship campaign can get started tomorrow evening!!

24 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

Paco goes well around the Colosseum too, the Bar Bandits enjoy watching Paco so he’ll get a warm reception. Fingers crossed our championship campaign can get started tomorrow evening!!

looking forward to seeing how the motocross track is getting on ..

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

He will get a warm reception from all the Plymouth fans not just a small group. 

Edited by lewy

Plymouth have been pretty impressive in there home meetings so far considering everyone had them down as whipping boys.will be a difficult one for the comets but hopefully they've got there gating gloves on and come away with a victory.

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Plymouth have been pretty impressive in there home meetings so far considering everyone had them down as whipping boys.will be a difficult one for the comets but hopefully they've got there gating gloves on and come away with a victory.

aye , its hard to pass on a track like that at Plymouth .  as luck has it we have a few gater tarts as well as a not so secret weapon now . UTM

Edited by j2ohh

3 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

aye , its hard to pass on a track like that at Plymouth .  as luck has it we have a few gater tarts as well as a not so secret weapon now . UTM

Cook will take some beating at Plymouth based on his previous performances,I think the track will ride alot different with the soaking it's getting today.

16 minutes ago, j2ohh said:

looking forward to seeing how the motocross track is getting on ..

Unlike Workington Plymouth haven't had any favours from the bspl,especially financially and help from the chairman in putting a team together so instead of being so cocky and arrogant you should be alot more humble considering. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

29 minutes ago, lewy said:

Unlike Workington Plymouth haven't had any favours from the bspl,especially financially and help from the chairman in putting a team together so instead of being so cocky and arrogant you should be alot more humble considering. 

Could you explain your statement please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Could you explain your statement please.

I welcome the inclusion of Workington in the championship, definitely seems to have a great track and set up,however they did not have to meet the same criteria as other clubs because with Birmingham moving up the championship needed the numbers,all the other tracks have floodlights which is one example of not meeting the criteria required by the other teams, I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable worky fans no the score, maybe they should have a word with the less informed supporters. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, lewy said:

I welcome the inclusion of Workington in the championship, definitely seems to have a great track and set up,however they did not have to meet the same criteria as other clubs because with Birmingham moving up the championship needed the numbers,all the other tracks have floodlights which is one example of not meeting the criteria required by the other teams, I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable worky fans no the score, maybe they should have a word with the less informed supporters. 

In the best interests of the sport.Think you are a bit “ over the top” with your comments.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Worky did not get approval off Mr Godfrey and Co till mid November after the promoters conference,  by which time most teams were already signed up, as far as i know worky got no money off the people in charge, its a massive gamble for the promotion,  but so far so good. the management had to think out of the box to sign a team, hence 3 new riders to the uk, let's see how they go at Plymouth 2morrow,  hope you give the many travelling fans a warm welcome . UTC 

And I hope your track is in a better condition than last week :blink:

• Like 2