British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Workington Comets League15/5/24

59 minutes ago, Toni said:

Oh dear, probably grumpy because he couldn't get the track altered to suit him like he did at Plymouth. What a fantastic result, just deserts. 

To be fair to him, the Poole 'fans' have given him dogs abuse in the past so why would he bother replying. Don't blame him.

14 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Personally I thought Tom Brennan was the most impressive Poole rider.  Glasgow must surely be rueing letting him go, so impressive his form at the moment.

I don't think it was really our choice, but great to see him pressing on this season nevertheless. We always knew he had more talent, he just needed to unlock it.

8 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

To be fair to him, the Poole 'fans' have given him dogs abuse in the past so why would he bother replying. Don't blame him.

He's always spitting his dummy out at Poole, just like he did at Plymouth 

14 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Bit of a turnaround in Cook's form from Plymouth to Poole. Wasn't he allowed to orchestrated track prep at Poole so it was to his liking? :D

Agee with you 100% the referee @ Plymouth requires some training in how to deal with these situations.  The meeting should have started @ 7 p.m. track was perfectly raceable.

2 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

Absolute rubbish but wouldn’t expect any less from a Poole fan who’s watched Muddlo do this to young British riders regardless of what division they’re in!!!!!

No guarantee he would have beaten Liebmann which would have done him no good at all but no surprise an old Swindon fan slating Poole or their fans.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marksman said:

Absolutely, I'd rather the sport retains some ounce of credibility. Especially when they keep streaming from there on a national platform.

When a prominent sponsor (front of racesuit) publically slates the club on Social Media, you know it's bad.

We have to move away from the amateur look the sport has, Phil Morris is doing his best at PL level.

Screenshot-2024-05-16-125216.png

Screenshot-2024-05-16-125017.png

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

And another one happy to see a club fold, you won't have anyone to race against soon 

Absolutely there ain’t a speedway club that comes anywhere near to perfect just enjoy it for what it is warts and all.

Sadly the two fixtures showed up the frailties of the Workington top 5, strong one minute and below par the next. The reserves were always going to get punished and only added to their totals due to Perry's exclusion. If Liebmann has been riding like she did in the heat 14 video all year its clear to see has speed but the gating is woeful.

More worrying is the gulf in the league if a team can scoop an away win one night and get hit for 60 the next.

17 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Sadly the two fixtures showed up the frailties of the Workington top 5, strong one minute and below par the next. The reserves were always going to get punished and only added to their totals due to Perry's exclusion. If Liebmann has been riding like she did in the heat 14 video all year its clear to see has speed but the gating is woeful.

More worrying is the gulf in the league if a team can scoop an away win one night and get hit for 60 the next.

Maybe Poole should go Premier :D

The top four have PL averages of 8.09. 8.0 , 7.24 and 6.13 , not complaining just stating a fact. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

The top four have PL averages of 8.09. 8.0 , 7.24 and 6.13 , not complaining just stating a fact. 

Agree, they’ll have to next season or source a completely new team if they run.

48 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

28 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Agree, they’ll have to next season or source a completely new team if they run.

They could always "do an Oxford".... LOL

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

No guarantee he would have beaten Liebmann which would have done him no good at all but no surprise an old Swindon fan slating Poole or their fans.

That’s it hind behind the fact that Muddlo has always done this & try to justify it.

Not an old Swindon fan as I always will be one & I hope the same doesn’t happen to your club as what’s happened to us.

Sad really that you have to even mention it.

Hope Max keeps his confidence & belief in himself as it’s clear Muddlo & his teams fans don’t care either way.

I’m a speedway fan & without these young lads being given a FAIR CHANCE then the sport is gone then who will you have to race then!!!!!!

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 thing stood out at Poole for me being a visitor fra worky. After your (big) win their was no parade of the riders to take the fans applause. I think the fans should be able to cheer the team after the results,  And it looked a decent crowd, swelled by around 20 travelling fans :rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

That’s it hind behind the fact that Muddlo has always done this & try to justify it.

Not an old Swindon fan as I always will be one & I hope the same doesn’t happen to your club as what’s happened to us.

Sad really that you have to even mention it.

Hope Max keeps his confidence & belief in himself as it’s clear Muddlo & his teams fans don’t care either way.

I’m a speedway fan & without these young lads being given a FAIR CHANCE then the sport is gone then who will you have to race then!!!!!!

Obviously I hope we dont go the way oc Swindon as it was as top club with good support. 

Sad you have to criticise Middlo like this, he is a top bloke and a top manager. In this scenario if he had kept Perry in heat 14 some would have come on here and said he doesnt know what he is doing putting Matt Perry in the race.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Neila said:

1 thing stood out at Poole for me being a visitor fra worky. After your (big) win their was no parade of the riders to take the fans applause. I think the fans should be able to cheer the team after the results,  And it looked a decent crowd, swelled by around 20 travelling fans :rolleyes:

They do a press conference after the meeting in the Champs bar and riders already on centre green when H15 starts, prob why. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marksman said:

Well he joked pre-season that if Plymouth were to offer him a contract he'd retire from Speedway.

Keep on supporting your Hillbilly club, because it won't be there for much longer. Ben Barker couldn't be more suited to the place.

Rather wish they had then. Up the Hillbillies, great little friendly club full of NICE people.  

• Like 1

some would have come on here and said he doesnt know what he is doing putting Matt Perry in the race.

I wouldn't put Matt Perry in any race !  David Scwimmer might be a better bet, at least he is still alive

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Thought the crowd last night was poor by Poole standards. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Agree 100%.

Good to get 'Sweet Caroline' back after heat 14 though!:t: 

Great music choices by SGP DJ Karlito I thought too.  Using 'Like a Virgin' after Batch's first win was genius.:rofl:

Edited by Skidder1

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Wow lots of clubs would like part of that crowd,  must have been only 400 at Plymouth on Tuesday imo (I did a rough head count)