British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Workington Comets League15/5/24

1 hour ago, lbw said:

Early one morning after we sent out a Pirates warning! ;)

Soon be flat white time at Costa, will be at the Costa next to Poole train station soon before setting sail.

Thoroughly enjoyed last night and I'd like to say what a top professional Sam Hagon is. He's certainly being shown on and off the track the right way to go about his racing career. His dad, Martin Dugard and family certainly showing him how to engage with the fans. 

After the press conference he was signing photos that he'd had printed for fans, nice touch. Very thoughtful and professional Sam.

It's not all about what you do on the track.

Top marks :t:

Uncle? Martin Hagon is his dad. 

Well I've had me flat white at Costa and may I say it was very delightful on the pallete :t:

But I'm resisting the ginger biscuits that I've kept from me b&b room .....I shall tackle them later on the journey home! ;)

33 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Uncle? Martin Hagon is his dad. 

There is a commer after his dad to separate Martin Dugard from that relationship. I do realise that Martin Dugard is his uncle.

Lisa it would be more appropriate of you to comment on my post as a whole rather than one possible grammar error.

Lisa is the forum English teacher (said tongue in cheek) :D

Edited by lbw
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

2. Can't see Plymouth struggling that much. How close it is will depend on what Bowtell and Hook do imo. 

Also see they have done the draw for KO cup and we have Berwick/Scunny. 

And the Thompson twins. Dan is flying this year and Joe knows the Poole track well. And then they also have Kyle Newman. 

39 minutes ago, lbw said:

There is a commer after his dad to separate Martin Dugard from that relationship. I do realise that Martin Dugard is his uncle.

Lisa it would be more appropriate of you to comment on my post as a whole rather than one possible grammar error.

Not bothered about the coffee talk ;) Are you sponsored by Costa :D 

Obviously I would be no good as an English teacher as apparently I can't see any commas! lol.

41 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

And the Thompson twins. Dan is flying this year and Joe knows the Poole track well. And then they also have Kyle Newman. 

Yes, but I know they will do well. Bowtell and Hook are more questionable though, that is why a lot could depend on what they score. 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not bothered about the coffee talk ;) Are you sponsored by Costa :D 

Obviously I would be no good as an English teacher as apparently I can't see any commas! lol.

Many a good speedway chat had over a Costa flat white ;) u should try it.

C'mon the Pirates :t:

;)

10 hours ago, lbw said:

Tom Brennan and Richard Lawson were out on track after the meeting helping Max with his gating. 

Getting one to one tuition, or in this case two to one, is far better for his confidence.

I think that's great he's getting help, but would suggest getting his 4th ride & gating tuition would be more valuable?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm suggesting they could've put Perry in heat 14, once they were well clear & given both reserves 4 rides.

Isn't that worse though. ' Oh, we've won by loads you can have your ride back now....' 

If he is going to have 4 rides, needs to be in H8. Easier than H12/14 anyway as normally the weaker SS is at no2. And also not a long gap between rides either. 

2 hours ago, lbw said:

Forums are full of English teachers recently 

That's maybe why a lot of us make errors too many teachers on forums rather than in schools

13 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Not justified, you have to win by as much as possible especially when aggregate is involved. Who knows what could happen in the 2nd leg.

Absolute rubbish but wouldn’t expect any less from a Poole fan who’s watched Muddlo do this to young British riders regardless of what division they’re in!!!!!

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Isn't that worse though. ' Oh, we've won by loads you can have your ride back now....' 

If he is going to have 4 rides, needs to be in H8. Easier than H12/14 anyway as normally the weaker SS is at no2. And also not a long gap between rides either. 

What a reason that is as opposed to “I know We’re 30 points ahead but we’re still not giving you a 4th ride”.

Only in Poole!!!!!!!

13 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Expected a much tighter meeting but when it came to it, Pirates just blew the comets away. The visitors had no answer and apart from Batchelor were pretty woeful. Craig Cook was his usual ignorant self in the pits before the meeting, ignoring Poole fans who were congratulating him on his scoring at Plymouth the night before with grunts. Glad I didn’t approach him. Tate Z on the other hand was chatty and the exact opposite. Seems a likeable lad and I hope he goes far in the sport. Tried all night but was a baptism of fire for him and Vuolas on their first visits. 

Only Batchelor can hold his head high. The rest were well beaten. Plymouth next week in the BSN.  Can’t believe they can be any worse. Hearing Covatti is back for it. Hope they can put up a better fight.

Oh dear, probably grumpy because he couldn't get the track altered to suit him like he did at Plymouth. What a fantastic result, just deserts. 

17 minutes ago, Toni said:

Oh dear, probably grumpy because he couldn't get the track altered to suit him like he did at Plymouth. What a fantastic result, just deserts. 

Well he joked pre-season that if Plymouth were to offer him a contract he'd retire from Speedway.

Keep on supporting your Hillbilly club, because it won't be there for much longer. Ben Barker couldn't be more suited to the place.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Well he joked pre-season that if Plymouth were to offer him a contract he'd retire from Speedway.

Keep on supporting your Hillbilly club, because it won't be there for much longer. Ben Barker couldn't be more suited to the place.

And another one happy to see a club fold, you won't have anyone to race against soon 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

And another one happy to see a club fold, you won't have anyone to race against soon 

Absolutely, I'd rather the sport retains some ounce of credibility. Especially when they keep streaming from there on a national platform.

When a prominent sponsor (front of racesuit) publically slates the club on Social Media, you know it's bad.

We have to move away from the amateur look the sport has, Phil Morris is doing his best at PL level.

Screenshot-2024-05-16-125216.png

Screenshot-2024-05-16-125017.png

Edited by Marksman

5 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Absolutely, I'd rather the sport retains some ounce of credibility. Especially when they keep streaming from there on a national platform.

When a prominent sponsor (front of racesuit) publically slates the club on Social Media, you know it's bad.

We have to move away from the amateur look the sport has, Phil Morris is doing his best at PL level.

Screenshot-2024-05-16-125216.png

Screenshot-2024-05-16-125017.png

Those quotes are from the bloke who is trying to get Jason garrity back into british speedway, you can draw your own  conclusions. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1