British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Workington Comets League15/5/24

28 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Unsatisfactory start but it’s Poole so we’ll let them off, nice to see nothing has changed in speedway. No wonder everyone hates them.

I don't hate them! So it can't be everyone :D

• Haha 1

Long night this is turning into. Can’t have an off night from any of our top 5 because we’re constantly carrying 2 reserves. Think something needs to change. I was all for giving it time but we’re going to get a hiding tonight.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Disappointing meeting all round, the Comets haven’t got out of the gate all night and that’s the end of that around this track.

Tbf the better races were when the comets made the gate. The Poole riders managed to pass on outside and inside so it can be done! 

Very disappointing meeting from a comets perspective. Poole nailed the setup and comets were just chasing it all night long. Hats off to batch, if it wasn’t for him it would have been a lot worse. Never mind, onto Saturday and back home.

Said at the start of the season I fancied Poole for a clean sweep and I’ll stick by that. 

3 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Typical Middleditch giving a young reserve only 3 rides when the team were winning comfortably!!!!!

Is there not a bonus points up for grabs? All points needed for return leg at Workington.

Edited by mc131

1 minute ago, Crazy robin said:

Typical Middleditch giving a young reserve only 3 rides when the team were winning comfortably!!!!!

Anyone else not understand a word he says in the interviews? The man’s got verbal diarrhoea.

Just now, CTD26 said:

Very disappointing meeting from a comets perspective. Poole nailed the setup and comets were just chasing it all night long. Hats off to batch, if it wasn’t for him it would have been a lot worse. Never mind, onto Saturday and back home.

Said at the start of the season I fancied Poole for a clean sweep and I’ll stick by that. 

If Craig Cook was on his normal score at Poole you would prob have got 38/40. Any team will struggle when No1 only gets 1 point. 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

If Craig Cook was on his normal score at Poole you would prob have got 38/40. Any team will struggle when No1 only gets 1 point. 

Rare off night from cookie this season. Is what it is, can’t win them all. Still the bonus point to play for, but that’s definitely an uphill battle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Rare off night from cookie this season. Is what it is, can’t win them all. Still the bonus point to play for, but that’s definitely an uphill battle.

A good away win at the dump last night will have to do lol

Edited by Supersteady84

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf the better races were when the comets made the gate. The Poole riders managed to pass on outside and inside so it can be done! 

Batchelor aside the Comets were just not at the races from the gate, the Poole riders made the most of the ripped up starts. Sam Hagon was like a rocket out of them.

One team being that far behind to the first turn is not going to produce good racing unfortunately, Comets were a let down but similiarly Poole too good. Would be surprised if Poole get close to losing at home this season.

Well done :t:

We can't be harsh on Cookie, he will be back to his best on Saturday i'd imagine after 3 long days on the road. Every Comets fan would of taken this start to the season in general.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Batchelor aside the Comets were just not at the races from the gate, the Poole riders made the most of the ripped up starts. Sam Hagon was like a rocket out of them.

One team being that far behind to the first turn is not going to produce good racing unfortunately, Comets were a let down but similiarly Poole too good. Would be surprised if Poole get close to losing at home this season.

Well done :t:

We can't be harsh on Cookie, he will be back to his best on Saturday i'd imagine after 3 long days on the road. Every Comets fan would have taken this start to the season in general.

3 long days on the road is a poor excuse.Bottom line is he had a bad night.