British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Workington Comets League15/5/24

It's been a few years since the Comets last visited Wimborne  Road. I believe it may have been the bspa cup? Someone will correct me.

This looks to be an entertaining meeting and Workington have surprised  the critics so far with some decent results.

Looking forward to seeing Tate Zischke make his debut at Poole, he looks a decent signing  and also does Antti Vuolas if he is fit

Craig Cook and Troy Batchelor have had good and not so good meetings at Wimborne  Road and Claus Vissing also.

This leaves the reserves pairing of Celina Liebmann and Sam McGuirk both making their debuts at Poole.

Poole must not expect an easy ride against the Comets it could be a tough encounter.

Sticking my neck out I think we will win but by how many I am unsure. 

Thoughts?

Edited by Shaleshifter
Spelling errors

You mean the cup in 2003 where if you were in the top league you put out a Champ level team? I can't remember what that was called either lol. Wasn't that what we first bought Lindback over for, half way through the season?

Anyway...

Craig Cook is always good at Poole whatever is happening. Same with Batch most of the time. I would be surprised if either of them got below 11. 

Be interesting to see how Tate does and how many secrets about the track Darcy has told him!! Sure he has mentioned the cutback on bends 1 and 2 if you don't make the gate. 

Vissing you would expect to be good for 6-8 points. The others is anyone's guess, depends how quickly they get the set up right and if they like the track I suppose. 

These next two home meetings a massive banana skins, be interesting to see how it pans out. 

Edit - prediction 48-42.

Edited by lisa-colette

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Easy win for Poole, comets weak at reserve,main body of team Poole will dominate 55-35

iits always easy on paper , ask Glasgow .

Looking forward to my visit to poole watching the comets , can't see us winning but we may keep it close, as lots of teams/people been surprised by the comets., we are weak at reserve but we will give it a go UTC

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Neila said:

Looking forward to my visit to poole watching the comets , can't see us winning but we may keep it close, as lots of teams/people been surprised by the comets., we are weak at reserve but we will give it a go UTC

Unfortunately having 2 weak reserves is always going to be a problem more so when riding away matches

Looking forward to coming down to WINborne Road for the 1st home league meeting of the season vs the Comets.

Workington brings back many a memory and they usually provide an entertaining meeting so this one should be no different.

Pirates to edge it 54-36.

C'mon the Boyzzzz :t:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lbw said:

Looking forward to coming down to WINborne Road for the 1st home league meeting of the season vs the Comets.

Workington brings back many a memory and they usually provide an entertaining meeting so this one should be no different.

Pirates to edge it 54-36.

C'mon the Boyzzzz :t:

Weather looking really good, hope it's a good match.

Well wud u believe it, I've woken up in the early hours and couldn't resist coming on ere and shouting out in a very excited way............

CMON THE BOYZZZZZZ,!!!

:D

On 5/12/2024 at 3:44 PM, lisa-colette said:

You mean the cup in 2003 where if you were in the top league you put out a Champ level team? I can't remember what that was called either lol. Wasn't that what we first bought Lindback over for, half way through the season?

Anyway...

Craig Cook is always good at Poole whatever is happening. Same with Batch most of the time. I would be surprised if either of them got below 11. 

Be interesting to see how Tate does and how many secrets about the track Darcy has told him!! Sure he has mentioned the cutback on bends 1 and 2 if you don't make the gate. 

Vissing you would expect to be good for 6-8 points. The others is anyone's guess, depends how quickly they get the set up right and if they like the track I suppose. 

These next two home meetings a massive banana skins, be interesting to see how it pans out. 

Edit - prediction 48-42.

If Darcy hasn’t told Tate about the cutbacks, you just have lol. Hope it’s a good meeting. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Neila said:

The table topping comets come to take on the wannabees pirates  :D the southern tour continues for the worky fans see you trackside  UTC  give us a C  

Fair play to the Comets u av had a 'flying' start to the season but u will come crashing down to 'earth' this evening! :D

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Wonder if they are still going to boo Craig Cook on parade? I get why they do it but he hasn't done anything questionable at Poole for at least 6 years now, so maybe time to stop. 

Speedway fans never forget Anything 

Cookie was getting some stick yesterday and look how it affected his score 

Hopefully the same happens today but the home team are lot stronger than yesterday