British Speedway Forum

I would think Villads Nagel (Den) could have a strong case, He missed a qualification after run off but he defeated 2 of the riders that were in the top 4 through the heats.

Slater Lightcap (US) is another that scored well but just fell short & it would be another flag on parade which always makes the FIM happy.

The third spot is a little harder Bedner (CZ) would be another flag but his scores were disappointing. Blordon (Ger) or Rew (Aus) would also be in the mix.

As the SGP2 series is about driving online viewership on Discovery + it’s is likely that American and Australian riders commercially add little as the series is not available in these markets on D+

Doubtful any more Polish, Danish or Swedish rider will be added but expect Blodorn and possible another British rider to be included 

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Lovely attitude to have

Yeah, I was thinking that. Absolutely no need for the 'keep up'. Not everybody is able to follow every bit of speedway news 24/7. Some of us have lives to live.

Edited by BackInTheDHSS
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Yeah, I was thinking that. Absolutely no need for the 'keep up'. Not everybody is able to follow every bit of speedway news 24/7. Some of us have lives to live.

It’s interesting that each Extraleague and Extraleague U 24 match throughout the season i post the line- ups as soon as they are released 4 days before . He was riding for Leszno in both and then suddenly dissapeared.

Edited by racers and royals

For the finals 3 rounds in 2024 the riders take part in qualifying and then to select the riding order. This is on Friday afternoon at 2pm UK time and i cannot see that Discovery + are covering it only the meeting proper.

I have asked JK Speedway racecards if he can do a blank racecard for it and after the draw the 16 names can be easily added.

I am away so someone else hopefully will put the link up when racecard is available.

Edited by racers and royals

Two Danes and a Pole getting the WCs then.

Lightcap 1st reserve and based 10 hours+ from the tracks (unless he's basing himself in Europe for the rest of the season) seems mad. 

2024 FIM SGP2 – FIM SPEEDWAY UNDER-21 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP LINE-UP (in FIM ranking order with rider numbers):

785. Nazar Parnitskyi (Ukraine)

355. Sebastian Szostak (Poland)

43. Casper Henriksson (Sweden)

388. Bastian Pedersen (Denmark)

505. Wiktor Przyjemski (Poland)

117. Jesper Knudsen (Denmark)

110. Jakub Krawczyk (Poland)

545. William Drejer (Denmark)

999. Mathias Pollestad (Norway)

144. Francis Gusts (Latvia)

22. Leon Flint (Great Britain)

243. Philip Hellström-Bängs (Sweden)

137. Bartosz Bańbor (Poland)

108. Villads Nagel (Denmark)

97. Mikkel Andersen (Denmark)

SUBSTITUTE RIDERS:

28. Slater Lightcap (USA)

31. Tate Zischke (Australia)

89. Dan Thompson (Great Britain)

609. Sebastian Kössler (Austria)

226. Anze Grmek (Slovenia) 

1 minute ago, DJC said:

Lightcap 1st reserve and based 10 hours+ from the tracks (unless he's basing himself in Europe for the rest of the season) seems mad. 

2024 FIM SGP2 – FIM SPEEDWAY UNDER-21 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP LINE-UP (in FIM ranking order with rider numbers):

SUBSTITUTE RIDERS:

Yeah a bit crazy. They went all cosmopolitan for the main Speedway Grand Prix series, and then the other way for SGP2. In Torun, 10 of 16 will be Polish or Danish. Not saying it's a bad thing, but some consistency would be good.

5 hours ago, DJC said:

SUBSTITUTE RIDERS:

It suprises me that some of these riders have the same number as SGP riders that are still operating. Przyjemski using 505 is Lamberts number Nagel 108 Woffinden. What would happen if they were to qualify for the SGP whilst the original riders were still in

7 minutes ago, Technik said:

It suprises me that some of these riders have the same number as SGP riders that are still operating. Przyjemski using 505 is Lamberts number Nagel 108 Woffinden. What would happen if they were to qualify for the SGP whilst the original riders were still in

They would have to change- 1st in would get priority.

On 6/11/2024 at 7:52 AM, racers and royals said:

For the finals 3 rounds in 2024 the riders take part in qualifying and then to select the riding order. This is on Friday afternoon at 2pm UK time and i cannot see that Discovery + are covering it only the meeting proper.

I have asked JK Speedway racecards if he can do a blank racecard for it and after the draw the 16 names can be easily added.

I am away so someone else hopefully will put the link up when racecard is available.

JK has done a blank racecard for the SGP 2 tonight- i am still away so cannot put the link up.

• Thanks 1