British Speedway Forum

Sheffield vs Ipswich 13th May

12 hours ago, E I Addio said:

Nobody is arguing about Tai’s past record. That speaks for itself, but speedway needs every avenue of support it can get and mouthing off is not the way to get it. It’s a pity because I know from personal experience that Tai can be a very nice guy behind the scenes. I just don’t know why he he speaks the way he does in the public eye sometimes.

Tai always wants to appear cool, aloof and controversial. I get it. Whether it’s the right approach is a different matter. 
Either way, he has succeeded doing it his way and generally is the one the press and interviewers want to speak to the most. 

On 5/13/2024 at 10:20 PM, GeneralMelchett said:

well done Witches Sheffield too too heavy tonight Holder would normally score more - but the others didn’t step up to cover for that! 

J.Holder, C.Holder and Woffinden were only beaten by Doyle & Sayfutdinov - defeating all the other Witches - although they did defeat Doyle and Sayfutdinov in some heats - so it was really honours-even between the top riders.

In the meantime, Doyle & Sayfutdinov scored only 8 each, and were beaten by Sheffield second string riders in one race each when they scored 0.

3 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

J.Holder, C.Holder and Woffinden were only beaten by Doyle & Sayfutdinov - defeating all the other Witches - although they did defeat Doyle and Sayfutdinov in some heats - so it was really honours-even between the top riders.

In the meantime, Doyle & Sayfutdinov scored only 8 each, and were beaten by Sheffield second string riders in one race each when they scored 0.

Shows how strong Ipswich are. Winning away at their titles without their top 2 dominating

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Siggytastic said:

We only had 4 last places and our top two got two of them!! League must be dreading when they start scoring like we know they can.

39 minutes ago, Siggytastic said:

We only had 4 last places and our top two got two of them!! League must be dreading when they start scoring like we know they can.

Bewley & kurtz ditto :t:

On 5/15/2024 at 11:13 PM, Bagpuss said:

I think he's probably got more brains than people give him credit for and that he knows exactly what he's doing when expressing himself. 

I think you're giving him far too much credit for thinking he knows exactly what he's doing. Did he know exactly what he was doing when he attacked and assaulted an unarmed fan in Poland a while back. You can be controversial without being offence, you only had to watch him during the British Speedway press day sat in front of all the other riders giving it the Billy big spuds effing and jeffing and a lot of the other riders giggling like school kids because Tai had used a bad word... it's all been done before, see Bill Grundy, it's a shame because he can be quite an engaging character when he's not "performing"

• Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 8:58 PM, CTD26 said:

You’ve never got anything nice to say about anything or anyone. All for folk having opinions, but Jesus post something positive for once and stop being so miserable 

On 5/13/2024 at 9:28 PM, CTD26 said:

Can’t stand listening to Tatum, most boring voice on TV. Nigel Pearson carried the comms for years. Much prefer bsn coverage, everything about it just blows Eurosport out the water.

Hmm B)

12 hours ago, iainb said:

I think you're giving him far too much credit for thinking he knows exactly what he's doing. Did he know exactly what he was doing when he attacked and assaulted an unarmed fan in Poland a while back. You can be controversial without being offence, you only had to watch him during the British Speedway press day sat in front of all the other riders giving it the Billy big spuds effing and jeffing and a lot of the other riders giggling like school kids because Tai had used a bad word... it's all been done before, see Bill Grundy, it's a shame because he can be quite an engaging character when he's not "performing"

Rightly or wrongly I think he wants to come across as the bad boy of British speedway, he obviously cares about the sport and wants more interest, more exposure, more bums on seats and perhaps he thinks being a controversial figure might help achieve that. Perhaps he thinks it's all too sanitised and needs stirring up a bit.

In which case it's not just being a gobs hite for the sake of it, it's with an aim. People will dislike him for it but that's the whole point.

Edited by Bagpuss

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Rightly or wrongly I think he wants to come across as the bad boy of British speedway, he obviously cares about the sport and wants more interest, more exposure, more bums on seats and perhaps he thinks being a controversial figure might help achieve that. Perhaps he thinks it's all too sanitised and needs stirring up a bit.

In which case it's not just being a gobs hite for the sake of it, it's with an aim. People will dislike him for it but that's the whole point.

Again I think you're giving him far too much credit for him thinking about what he does or probably more to the point how he goes about doing it. 

But the "bad boy of British Speedway" has been the missing boy of British Speedway for the last 8 or 9 years and did he think Polish Speedway needed a boost when attacking that fan?

I'm all for a bit of controversy and winding up the fans but please do it with some class and style.

Like I've said, I think he can be a thoughtful and an engaging character who's very interesting to listen to

• Like 1