British Speedway Forum

Sheffield vs Ipswich 13th May

13 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Miles apart this year I’d say.

Woffy is a winner, he wants the best out of everyone on or in his team.

He isn’t afraid to say it as it is. Its not like he is lying!

Does a rider have say it live on TV though.

14 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Surely Oxford won't drop Cook?

Don't think they will, why if he is a 28 day replacement would he have a set of team kevlars on last night

Nicholls alluded to the difference in team spirit between the two clubs. Not once in heats 13 & 15 did Woofinden look for his team mate, whereas Emil & Doyley did. Surely Woofinden had to try and slow the race down not just go off into the distance. Now that Milik has been dropped maybe he will end up at Sheffield as Howarth's place must be in doubt.

7 minutes ago, Bash said:

Nicholls alluded to the difference in team spirit between the two clubs. Not once in heats 13 & 15 did Woofinden look for his team mate, whereas Emil & Doyley did. Surely Woofinden had to try and slow the race down not just go off into the distance. Now that Milik has been dropped maybe he will end up at Sheffield as Howarth's place must be in doubt.

Hard enough trying to slow 1 rider up around sheffield never mind both Emil Sayfudtinov and Jason Doyle. I’ve never read so much drivel in all my life get back to bed you imbecile. 

9 minutes ago, Bash said:

And last week against BV him and Holder team rode perfectly.. heat 15 and super heat, can’t always be done im afraid 

• Like 1

When you win you don’t look at the under performing riders whereas when you loose some fans on their back straight away, prime example when Sheffield won away at Leicester the other month Woffinden scored 5 yet nobody screaming for his head (he had enough of that in Wrocław!).  Just seen Woffinden’s interview and might be a bit of reverse psychology re team changes to get a few misfiring riders firing, but personally  don’t think TV is the place to air it

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Hard enough trying to slow 1 rider up around sheffield never mind both Emil Sayfudtinov and Jason Doyle. I’ve never read so much drivel in all my life get back to bed you imbecile. 

Can you actually reply to anyone's posts without insulting people. Look at the reply below yours from Manifesto it can be done!!! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Manifesto said:

And last week against BV him and Holder team rode perfectly.. heat 15 and super heat, can’t always be done im afraid 

They were up against better riders in my view - only Bewley was able to mix it last Thursday - as it was both Doyle and Emil scored less than I would have expected. Oddly in the highlights from BV last night Bewley was shown as team riding and constantly looking for his partner - he was castigated for not trying to do that at Owlerton. Sometimes you have to just gate and get the win and hope your partner gets something.

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

They were up against better riders in my view - only Bewley was able to mix it last Thursday - as it was both Doyle and Emil scored less than I would have expected. Oddly in the highlights from BV last night Bewley was shown as team riding and constantly looking for his partner - he was castigated for not trying to do that at Owlerton. Sometimes you have to just gate and get the win and hope your partner gets something.

Doyle and Emil didnt score what they usually  score and they still won ....well done Ipswich..

17 minutes ago, MumsieCulpepper said:

I'm surprised no one has made a move for Tate Zische, before his average jumps up.

I assume he can't double up until he gets a non-assessed average. 

3 hours ago, DaveWayne said:

But injury replacements are only allowed before the transfer cut off. You should have used guests from within the British league.

think you had better read the rules !! if BSPA sanction it it's within the rules otherwise Lambert wouldn't have rode obviously !!

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Woffy saying when the averages change Steady and Bates have make choices.Sure his fellow Team Mates will be pleased to here that.His fellow Aussie mates will be Ok though no doubt.Typical Woffy.

correct couldn't agree more :t:

30 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

think you had better read the rules !! if BSPA sanction it it's within the rules otherwise Lambert wouldn't have rode obviously !!

So straight forward in the rules that you announced him before 1st leg of semi but he didn't race until 2nd leg, after your club got lawyers involved ?

The 2 scenarios were completely different and everyone knows it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DaveWayne said:

So straight forward in the rules that you announced him before 1st leg of semi but he didn't race until 2nd leg, after your club got lawyers involved ?

The 2 scenarios were completely different and everyone knows it.

correct, Belle Vue actually signed him which made more sense than him guesting in the final for Sheffield. 

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Woffy saying when the averages change Steady and Bates have make choices.Sure his fellow Team Mates will be pleased to here that.His fellow Aussie mates will be Ok though no doubt.Typical Woffy.

So the guy who ignored British Speedway for many many seasons is after just a few short weeks back calling out the need to sack

A) Young Brits just finding their way and whilst a little out of their depth are there because the the team has been front loaded to include him

B A loyal experienced Brit in his testimonial year who currently is a bit of a slump

Classy!!

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, OdsalBoy said:

Tate Zischke would be a nice signing

Still on assessed Championship average so can’t double up yet.  Also will depend what work permit he’s got as seem to remember Ben Cook wasn’t allowed to double up in his first year on UK 

6 hours ago, 4BM said:

No as in main body of team at start of season I believe that means you opt out of the RS scheme for that season, so Edwards cannot be at number 7 through 2024 

Then Edwards will have to be sacrificed instead of Gilkes then.

Would Kerr and Etheridge fit for Howarth and Edwards.

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Miles apart this year I’d say.

Woffy is a winner, he wants the best out of everyone on or in his team.

He isn’t afraid to say it as it is. Its not like he is lying!

Have you seen Woofys scores in Poland? 4, 4, 2 He might be looking for a new team soon !!