British Speedway Forum

Sheffield vs Ipswich 13th May

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Not sure Joe would be any better.

I'm sure he wouldn't be any worse, team spirit can't be that good after woffy saying changes are needed and stead naming names howarth and gilkes. Nicholls and Thompson straight swap?

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Sheffield 44-46 Ipswich

Think Douglas will be an awesome guest.

Perfect!

Sheffield is such a dull track. Well done the Witches. Thompson the key man so far this season.

Cant see anyone getting much against them this season. 

Just now, lewy said:

I'm sure he wouldn't be any worse, team spirit can't be that good after woffy saying changes are needed and stead naming names howarth and gilkes. Nicholls and Thompson straight swap?

Nicholls seemed to let the cat out of the bag a bit at the end there about the lack of team spirit in the Sheffield camp compared to Ipswich. 

16 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

Emil is such a genuine guy and you have to have some sympathy for his position. They let tennis players compete in international competitions so why discriminate in speedway. Something is not right and riders like Emil add value to the competition and put bums on seats. 

What makes Tennis right and Speedway wrong ... Think himself lucky that  he can earn money out of Russia  Not saying what is right and wrong but people have mixed views on the subject 

7 minutes ago, lewy said:

Nicholls has maintained he doesnt want full time premiership and Gilkes deserves more time in my opinion. Howarth and Edwards could be the ones to go 

1 hour ago, tyler42 said:

Camera work is embarrassing. Onboard cameras may work in F1, but certainly not in speedway. Great race out front and we watch Howarth’s handlebars 

It’s a huge bugbear of mine the production crew messing about with cameras and angles because they can - just cover the damn race! 

well done Witches Sheffield too too heavy tonight Holder would normally score more - but the others didn’t step up to cover for that! 

and yes sort out gate three!! It’s been dodgy for over 25 years now! 

• Like 1

Has everybody forgot about your grandfinal reserve Jye Etheridge he should of been in the team and he is getting good scores for Berwick and I think he deserves a go

Edited by bree34
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, orion said:

What makes Tennis right and Speedway wrong ... Think himself lucky that  he can earn money out of Russia  Not saying what is right and wrong but people have mixed views on the subject 

It's not just speedway, it's the FIM at World level for all international motorcycle sports.

7 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

It’s a huge bugbear of mine the production crew messing about with cameras and angles because they can - just cover the damn race! 

well done Witches Sheffield too too heavy tonight Holder would normally score more - but the others didn’t step up to cover for that! 

and yes sort out gate three!! It’s been dodgy for over 25 years now! 

So would the Ipswich top two in fairness. They’re far better than 8 a piece. As for the reserves, Rew and Jenkins are simply better riders than the Sheffield pairing tonight so it’s harsh to expect them to step up this evening. Howarth on the other hand was the big disappointment. Has to do much better. 

Edited by Aries

16 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Perfect!

Sheffield is such a dull track. Well done the Witches. Thompson the key man so far this season.

Cant see anyone getting much against them this season. 

Aces have beaten them on aggregate this season :t:

8 minutes ago, bree34 said:

Has everybody forgot about your grandfinal reserve Jye Etheridge he should of been in the team and he is getting good scores for Berwick and I think he deserves a go

I’d have him in for Howarth 100%

4 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

It was a very different Witches team at the NSS - where they have never won!  The second round of fixtures will be interesting if both teams are at full strength for both matches.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aries said:

So would the Ipswich top two in fairness. They’re far better than 8 a piece. As for the reserves, Rew and Jenkins are simply better riders than the Sheffield pairing tonight so it’s harsh to expect them to step up this evening. Howarth on the other hand was the big disappointment. Has to do much better. 

Oh agreed I saw Doyley score 15 there 2 seasons ago - 4 of the sports current best on show tonight! Plus the added gate 3 impact! 

Edited by GeneralMelchett

1 minute ago, Roger Jacobs said:

It was a very different Witches team at the NSS - where they have never won!  The second round of fixtures will be interesting if both teams are at full strength for both matches.

Look forward to it :t:

6 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

Not the actual Ipswich 1-7 you haven’t. Doyle rarely drops a point at Foxhall but Nicholls only scored 7 and they still beat you by 12. At the NSS Doyle again was missing and his replacement Wright scored 3 so it’s a bit misleading. You also lost at Birmingham (Ipswich won’t) and you failed to do what Ipswich have just done here last week at Sheffield. Ipswich are a stronger side than Belle Vue as the table shows. 

• Like 1

Well done Ipswich best team on the night. Sheffield have too many passengers. You can’t fault Kyle for effort but it’s points that win meetings. I think the trouble is he’s captain and got his testimonial coming up and the management have been very loyal to him. Big decisions ahead if we have any intention of retaining the league title. It’s definitely not happening with the current 1-7. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Oh agreed I saw Doyley score 15 there 2 seasons ago - 4 of the sports current best on show tonight! Plus the added gate 3 impact! 

Think Doyle was suffering a bit of a hangover (not literally I don’t think!) tonight after the euphoria of the GP at the weekend. As he says it’s been a whirlwind few days. Difficult to then get yourself back up for a league fixture a couple of days later. No doubt he was trying as he always does! But it can be difficult and I half thought he might not be at his best tonight.