British Speedway Forum

Sheffield vs Ipswich 13th May

Good choice of guest, but still a huge ask... Luckily the Tigers are equally poor at Foxhall as we are at theirs... so with that in mind, a 10 point defeat would probably be ok if we can manage it!  

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

But that’s nothing new Birmingham 2 weeks ago was 7.30pm start but wasn’t rushed- look at the track, rider introductions and 1st race.

My point exactly. Spectators who turn up on time get a long wait (I presume).

Ipswich should be looking to keep this closer than previous years due to having stronger reserves. Rew has shown signs he’s finally adapting to British racing this year. He’s a rider that holds his own in Poland, has cleaned up at U21 level in Australia winning all the titles, and has had a reputation as a big talent for a couple of years now. He SHOULD be getting the better of both Sheffield reserves even on their own track. Even Jenkins posted better digits than both Sheffield reserves in both leagues last year. This is the area Ipswich have to target to be competitive here. 

If this wasn’t on box they would get warm up laps in and crack on with it. Possible rain due after 9pm gulp!

if it stays dry and 15 heats are raced my prediction is 50-40 home win. Be a good one between Holder and Doyle after the very harsh move in the semi final of the gp. Jack will be out for abit of revenge. 

if Ipswich reserves turn up it could be very close as Thursday Gilkes and Edwards were well of the pace. Want to see them attack the track more and get out the gates sharper. Kyle Howarth has been average if not poor so far he needs a score tonight

19 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I’d take 50-40 tbh. We’re awful on the bigger tracks. 10 point defeat would at least give us a shout at the bonus as Sheffield aren’t too hot at Foxhall either. 

Not hot we’ll do well to score 30 I reckon at Foxhall 

I honestly think Ipswich have a massive chance on the back of having Douglas in for King.  
Ipswich’s reserves should get the upper hand when they meet up especially Rew as Edwards and Gilkes not scored too many at home over the three meetings but team built so not reliant on them, Doyle and Sayfutdinov v J Holder and Woffinden should even itself out throughout the meeting, so all pressure on middle order Thompson, Ellis and Douglas against C Holder, Pickering and Howarth.  Only C Holder been consistent at home between those three, with Howarth particularly disappointing not getting more than 5 at home yet (only score more than that once all season!).  Can see Ellis wanting to prove a point after being dropped last season and Douglas was generally Wolves best rider at Owlerton season upon season.  Not many will push Sheffield at home but can see this being an away win 43-47. 

** Killeen in for the injured Edwards edging this even further towards an Ipswich win **

Edited by 4BM
Team news

4 hours ago, 4BM said:

I honestly think Ipswich have a massive chance on the back of having Douglas in for King.  
Ipswich’s reserves should get the upper hand when they meet up especially Rew as Edwards and Gilkes not scored too many at home over the three meetings but team built so not reliant on them, Doyle and Sayfutdinov v J Holder and Woffinden should even itself out throughout the meeting, so all pressure on middle order Thompson, Ellis and Douglas against C Holder, Pickering and Howarth.  Only C Holder been consistent at home between those three, with Howarth particularly disappointing not getting more than 5 at home yet (only score more than that once all season!).  Can see Ellis wanting to prove a point after being dropped last season and Douglas was generally Wolves best rider at Owlerton season upon season.  Not many will push Sheffield at home but can see this being an away win 43-47. 

** Killeen in for the injured Edwards edging this even further towards an Ipswich win **

I think you're right !