British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe vs Workington - 10/5/24 (Bsn Series)

Will Scunthorpe pull the points back to get the bonus. Ablitt is back according to Social Media posts from the home side, Were as The Comets are arguably stronger with Luke Killeen guesting at Reserve for the Unavailable Celina Leibmann (Personal Reasons) according to Workington's website.

Think it will be a comfy home win but not enough for the BP.

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Will Scunthorpe pull the points back to get the bonus. Ablitt is back according to Social Media posts from the home side, Were as The Comets are arguably stronger with Luke Killeen guesting at Reserve for the Unavailable Celina Leibmann (Personal Reasons) according to Workington's website.

Think it will be a comfy home win but not enough for the BP.

Think you maybe right,  a big deficit to recover. Also depends which Craig Cook turns up.

8 minutes ago, eric i said:

Scunny don't need the bonus point , just need the win to go through as best loser.

Really? The other groups are pretty tight, I thought one of those would have best second place. 

Edit - ah yes you are right, others can only get 5 and Scunny would have more than that. 

Edited by lisa-colette

Anyone going to this meeting that could possibly help with the texting side of things.

Our usual texter is not sure of his attendance and the back-up has decided to swan off to Warsaw for the weekend

Thanks in advance

can anyone tell me if the stream i paid for on the first running of this meeting will/could be carried over to this meeting

will my email address be enough to be aable to get the stream . i also have the account details from bsn but do no have any others . please advise or has anyone any contact details , phone /e mail where i can get a quick response . thank you in advance .

just seen this .. according to scunthorpe tv , the account will be credited with the cancelled meeting and will be moved to the new running of this meeting ..

Edited by j2ohh

For those coming from the west, there will be a total road closure on the M180 from J2 to J3 from 8pm BUT the diversion is very easy. When leaving Scunthorpe at the Tesco roundabout take the 3rd exit on the A18 & follow this to J2(Belton/Epworth) to join M180 or continue through to Thorne roundabout to join M180 for about 600 m before joining the M18. This adds about 5mins to your journey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

For those coming from the west, there will be a total road closure on the M180 from J2 to J3 from 8pm BUT the diversion is very easy. When leaving Scunthorpe at the Tesco roundabout take the 3rd exit on the A18 & follow this to J2(Belton/Epworth) to join M180 or continue through to Thorne roundabout to join M180 for about 600 m before joining the M18. This adds about 5mins to your journey.

the travelling fans will thank you for the info . may the best team win  and we will !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, hackneyrocket said:

We desperately need a number one.

For me Howarth isn’t up to it!

They are above the points limit, so nothing they can do. Don't need an out & out number one if all riders up their averages. Obviously it would help if Howarth got his average over 8.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 9:39 PM, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

28 day ban for Leibmann?

11 hours ago, StevePark said:

Why?

4 hours ago, davie10 said:

if the personal reasons are not good enough for the board then yes i think it would be 

Depends on the reason, if it was a bereavement for example - no ban.

If the reason isn't announced, people will speculate.

Mind you if a non-speedway injury / illness / missing a flight gets a 7 day ban, it would be odd that missing for a "personal reason" doesn't?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Depends on the reason, if it was a bereavement for example - no ban.

If the reason isn't announced, people will speculate.

Mind you if a non-speedway injury / illness / missing a flight gets a 7 day ban, it would be odd that missing for a "personal reason" doesn't?

Also this was a rearranged fixture 

Maybe something allready planned for this day preventing her from travelling 

But if it was buster he would just go to bspa and say he wasn't running 

• Like 1