British Speedway Forum

Redcar v Berwick - 10/5/2024, Cab Direct Championship

56 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Dust at Shielfield was worse last week, and it will be just as bad tonight, unfortunately in those weather conditions, with the type of shale used now, you either flood the track and the riders won’t ride on it, or you don’t and you get a bit of dust from my point of view. Was no dust on b1 at all really.

To many excuses about weather effecting track prep just prepare the track as normal if the weather intervened so be it .Basically majority of riders want  slick .

• Like 1

Unfortunately we have one of them teams this year that you don’t know what’s going to happen. Wouldn’t surprise me if we went and won at Berwick tonight( like Workington last week), but also wouldn’t be surprised if Berwick hit high 50’s. We are just so unpredictable at the moment. 

• Like 1

Quite surprised by the dust comments. I genuinely didn’t see any at all. Thought the racing was an improvement on previous weeks as well. I’ve certainly seen less entertaining meetings at other tracks this year that aren’t attracting  this level of criticism. As a Redcar fan I’m still disappointed but i think that’s more down to how poor the team has been. Doesn’t matter what the track is like, slow riders aren’t going to pass anyone and admiring your opponents ability to overtake wears a bit thin after a while. 

• Like 1

First trip to Redcar, a fabulous set up from a club that means business.  Be grateful for that. (Particularly aimed at Redcar fans moaning about situation).  Berwick were ( and imo are) the better team. Borke is a steal, and when you have 2nd string of Kemp & Hume, it bodes well for Bandits.  Barker in H13 was key, would King have done that?...... Probably not because he is accustomed to riding with Wright around that track...the joys of Guests though.  Been a tough start for Redcar with injuries, lets not forget that.  Trigger done well & looks like he is improving which is good to see. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wardey said:

First trip to Redcar, a fabulous set up from a club that means business.  Be grateful for that. (Particularly aimed at Redcar fans moaning about situation).  Berwick were ( and imo are) the better team. Borke is a steal, and when you have 2nd string of Kemp & Hume, it bodes well for Bandits.  Barker in H13 was key, would King have done that?...... Probably not because he is accustomed to riding with Wright around that track...the joys of Guests though.  Been a tough start for Redcar with injuries, lets not forget that.  Trigger done well & looks like he is improving which is good to see. 

Got to say well impressed with the way the meeting was run from paying by card everywhere , to the programme and 50 50 sellers and the refreshment areas. Also speaking to a few of the fans in the home straight the merchandise is very reasonably priced also. A bandits win to finish off a great visit . 

• Like 3