Berwick  Bandits
1 Tom Brennan (G) 
2 Danyon Hume 
3 Jye Etheridge 
4 Drew Kemp 
5 Rory Schlein (c)
6 Freddy Hodder 
7 Bastian Borke 

Well a Friday night and it’s not Scunthorpe or Workington so that should draw the crowds in. Redcar have an ex Bear in Ben Barker as a Guest, Whilst the Bandits bring in a revitalised Tom Brennan.Should make for an interesting contest, and like most matches at the Ecco Arena it could go either way.

8 minutes ago, pvm said:

Teams to be confirmed:-
Redcar Agilia Bears.
1- Charles Wright (c) 
2- Jonas Knudsen 
3- Connor Bailey 
4- Jason Edwards 
5- Ben Barker (G)
6- Jake Mulford 
7- Ben Trigger 

Berwick  Bandits
1 Tom Brennan (G) 
2 Danyon Hume 
3 Jye Etheridge 
4 Drew Kemp 
5 Rory Schlein (c)
6 Freddy Hodder 
7 Bastian Borke 

Well a Friday night and it’s not Scunthorpe or Workington so that should draw the crowds in. Redcar have an ex Bear in Ben Barker as a Guest, Whilst the Bandits bring in a revitalised Tom Brennan.Should make for an interesting contest, and like most matches at the Ecco Arena it could go either way.

Difficult to predict with that Berwick Team just now.Inconsistent from some riders.

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Difficult to predict with that Berwick Team just now.Inconsistent from some riders.

Yep, looking at the two teams and how they have preformed this season, it could be 50-40, it could be 40-50 or possibly something in-between, but the one thing I fully expect is close exciting contest, and at the end of the night, may the best team win. 

• Like 2

Poor stream... Lack of sound and lagging a lot of the time... But still paying to see your team win away is well worth it! Superb show from our boys... Definitely rattled following last week and we've bounced back :approve:

• Like 3

Very professional performance from Berwick's 1-7 tonight. Really enjoyable meeting as a neutral. Not sure what Knudsen was playing at in Heat 6? and Ben Barker pulling off a sublime block turning a potential 4-2/5-1 into a 3-3.

Anyways... Well done Berwick!

Not sure where the Bears go from here really. Poor again, and more importantly for me a poor track. Very slick again, even Barker commented on it during the meeting. I don't mind losing if I have been entertained but that has rarely been the case so far this season. 

Wright was excellent, although Barker getting in his way potentially cost us the meeting in heat 13. It's hard to see what the answer is as the middle order have had decent meetings, just not all at the same time. Knudsen has to be the one at risk for me, but no idea who could replace him. 

Berwick solid throughout. Schlein looked quick, and very solid returns from Kemp, Etheridge and Borke. 

I'd like to think I'm not a negative poster, but can't see this side making the playoff as it stands. 

Another week, another home defeat. Well done to Berwick on a fully deserved win. Strong team performance all round really, special mention to Borke who was excellent at reserve. 

For the Bears it’s the same old story, Wright superb and only missed out on a max when Barker baulked him and his footrest caught the fence. Barker did ok, could have done with Riss this week, but the rest were very hit and miss and always look vulnerable.

Track produced some good racing but the level of dust was totally unacceptable, even from Heat 1. Tried watching from my usual vantage point on the back straight and was covered after a couple of races, so had to slum it with the lads on the home straight for a bit ;) . Yes it’s been warm and sunny for a bit but the track was far too dry at the start. Not good.

Not a good night to be a Bears fan. Again.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

To me looking in as a neutral (some extended family are from Middlesbrough that's why I look in to see how Redcar are doing!). Two problems imo. Knudsen not doing as well as expected is pushing Connor into 3rd HL position when really another season as a SS with less pressure would have helped, as TJ would have held third HL position well imo.

The other thing is if Redcar had a more experienced reserve like Berwick do with Borke then you prob could get away with things a bit more and instead of losing by 4 or 6, you would be winning by 4 or 6. 

First meeting of the year...and what a load of dross, one of the worst Teesside teams I have ever seen.

Track prep looks appalling...major changes needed on and off the track.

A shame as it was a pretty healthy crowd...fans won't put up with these displays and nor should they.

Berwick very solid indeed, but didn't have to be at their best to win.

• Like 1

Where do you start, track is a shadow of what it was,too many average riders who are so inconsistent and team manager who hasn’t got a clue, never reacts in a match situation, changing the reserves etc.Nice lad, but, don’t think he could motivate me into anything.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

First meeting of the year...and what a load of dross, one of the worst Teesside teams I have ever seen.

Track prep looks appalling...major changes needed on and off the track.

A shame as it was a pretty healthy crowd...fans won't put up with these displays and nor should they.

Berwick very solid indeed, but didn't have to be at their best to win.

Went for the first time this season last week and shocked by what I witnessed. Too many average 2nd string and reserve type riders in the same team. Barker added to that tonight. Track has reverted back to the pre Jonny Swales days unfortunately. Didn't bother going tonight as suspected it would be more of the same.

2 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Another week, another home defeat. Well done to Berwick on a fully deserved win. Strong team performance all round really, special mention to Borke who was excellent at reserve. 

For the Bears it’s the same old story, Wright superb and only missed out on a max when Barker baulked him and his footrest caught the fence. Barker did ok, could have done with Riss this week, but the rest were very hit and miss and always look vulnerable.

Track produced some good racing but the level of dust was totally unacceptable, even from Heat 1. Tried watching from my usual vantage point on the back straight and was covered after a couple of races, so had to slum it with the lads on the home straight for a bit ;) . Yes it’s been warm and sunny for a bit but the track was far too dry at the start. Not good.

Not a good night to be a Bears fan. Again.

I was down last week v scunny & when I got home had a shower and the amount of dust was canny bad that I washed off so decided to give it a miss tonight with being a mega hot day n I thought the track would be slick n dry as a bone to whip up the dust

Edited by Justgotmecpc
Error