British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Edinburgh BSN Cup 10/5/24@7-30

2 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

That's what Humza used to say. 

That’s the fault of too many white people in positions of power.

According to Humza.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Because it is a mini league, so same rules as normal league meetings, hence superheat as someone has to win on the night. Although technically no one lost! 

I left my jacket so technically I did.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Because it is a mini league, so same rules as normal league meetings, hence superheat as someone has to win on the night. Although technically no one lost! 

Thank you.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Monarchs2468 said:

Cracking night, obviously. But why is there an additional heat? Clearly I don't know the rules so can someone explain.

It does seem a bit odd especially considering there's a bonus point decided over two legs so ideally the run-off/superheat should have taken place after the 2nd leg in the event of a tie overall.

Great racing though and Josh and Chris were superb. 

Btw, does anyone know what prompted the fight in the second half race? I missed it.

Edited by Nickinho
  • Thanks 1

Don’t know if I like this super heat thing. By all means a golden heat if aggregate after a second leg. know it benefitted my team tonight

but think match should end after heat 15 in leg1.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Don’t know if I like this super heat thing. By all means a golden heat if aggregate after a second leg. know it benefitted my team tonight

but think match should end after heat 15 in leg1.

Changes nothing. We still need a miracle and win at armadale to progress. Was cracking race so not complaining too much! Not sure how effected the best 2nd if the most ridiculous should happen 

The chickens have come home to roost for Glasgow and another competition we are out of.

Congratulations to Edinburgh, up to ht10 they won many of their points tapes to flag unopposed and worked out there was an inside line when the home riders were relentlessly skimming the fence for little reward. Ht15 and the Super heat were superb.

How Starke got four rides is beyond me, he should have been subbed out in ht8. His last heat looked like a change of machinery that was somehow slower than his earlier heats.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

It does seem a bit odd especially considering there's a bonus point decided over two legs so ideally the run-off/superheat should have taken place after the 2nd leg in the event of a tie overall.

Btw, does anyone know what prompted the fight in the second half race? I missed it.

Stene almost wiped Dayle out on the back straight, Dayle rightly unhappy. Think Stene has been watching his brother too closely, one of them will cause a serious injury riding like that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, davie10 said:

cant see stark lasting much longer a pale shadow of his former self 

He has been a pale shadow the last few seasons,signed because of his low average,but they very seldom lie in the case of older riders IMO.

10 minutes ago, GM95 said:

Stene almost wiped Dayle out on the back straight, Dayle rightly unhappy. Think Stene has been watching his brother too closely, one of them will cause a serious injury riding like that.

Exactly how dare a 15 year old have the nerve to overtake an old man and cause him to have a wobble. Wood must have been so embarrassed!

Edited by SharpenRake
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Changes nothing. We still need a miracle and win at armadale to progress. Was cracking race so not complaining too much! Not sure how effected the best 2nd if the most ridiculous should happen 

Looks like Scunny have best 2nd place. In Scottish and Southern it is all on who gets BP! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Looks like Scunny have best 2nd place. In Scottish and Southern it is all on who gets BP! 

Won’t matter we won’t be threatening any honours this season with the passengers were carrying.Saying that the racing is making up for that it was superb tonight.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Exactly how dare a 15 year old have the nerve to overtake an old man and cause him to have a wobble. Wood must have been so embarrassed!

Don’t agree with Dayles reaction but both Pijpers need to learn how to pass without taking a front wheel. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nickinho said:

Totally agree not sure why a super heat is needed after a first meeting yes if the bonus needs decided after the second off course have one.

Theoretically you could have 2 teams race to a draw in both the home and away matches yet if 1 wins both super heats they get 5 points to the others 2 overall that doesn’t seem quite right. 

in saying that if they are off the drama and quality of that one tonight let’s have them on every match 

• Like 2

Some great racing tonight, picko was outstanding to watch even from the opposite side of the fence, Starke getting 2 was painful to watch, his two points came over max James who returned an Audi and Ace. Heat 10 he was half a lap behind.

Good to see Worrall back on points and a great heat 15 and super heat.

I'm positive there's going to be a shuffle coming up and hopefully before the next averages are out or we'll have even less to use.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GM95 said:

Don’t agree with Dayles reaction but both Pijpers need to learn how to pass without taking a front wheel. 

His reaction after the race was finished was bang out of order and he was lucky not to have been chucked out of the meeting 

• Like 2

Regardless whether you are red and white or blue and gold , speedway was the winner tonight . When you see the likes of Pickering and Harris going at it on a track so brilliantly prepared , it's still the most exciting sport in the world . 

But all 14 riders need congratulating for producing such a pulsating meeting 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1