British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Edinburgh BSN Cup 10/5/24@7-30

Just now, Jaizer said:

Wish he'd look closer to home, like giving stark 4 rides and the gate positions for super heat. Trying to deflect from a pretty poor performance is bad craic

Yes I think Glasgow should consider a change tbh. The team last year was strong and won the league in spite of some of his decisions I’d suggest. 

9 hours ago, crescent girl said:

I wasn't there, and have no opinion on the evidence of eyesight from wherever in the stadium.

But I have to challenge your suggestion that transponders are "wrong too often".       My belief is that, in GPs, in the UK and at every back-street go-kart track for twenty years and more, transponders are accurate and reliable.

When have they ever been proved wrong?      

We don't use the same transponders as the GP's, we use stock car transponders , take from that what you want.

8 hours ago, eric i said:

I believe the transponders are on the handlebars so people need to look at who's handlebars cross the line first, rather than tyre.

Nope, transponder loops should be fitted approx 9" behind start line to give time based on front wheel passing the start line as transponders fitted on handle bars

14 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Yes I think Glasgow should consider a change tbh. The team last year was strong and won the league in spite of some of his decisions I’d suggest. 

Changes going to be hard this season, even with the slightly increasing team building limit at end of each month. Starkes obvious choice but I'd guess have to make 2 or 3 to make it worthwhile. 

Trying to take the philosophical view that we're taking a year off this year and just enjoy the racing. If anyone didn't enjoy that last night speedway's not the sport for you!

• Like 2

We made the mistake this season signing both Worrall and Flint on their high averages having already gotten Harris, I'd personally drop one of them with Starke and try get 2 strong 5ish pointers (if there are any left) but I don't see either getting dropped.

You can ha

8 minutes ago, MB723 said:

We made the mistake this season signing both Worrall and Flint on their high averages having already gotten Harris, I'd personally drop one of them with Starke and try get 2 strong 5ish pointers (if there are any left) but I don't see either getting dropped.

You can have Connor Bailey back. Better still. Have him and Knudsen.

• Haha 1

Some great racing last night and some controversy. The bottom line is that if the result had been declared after 15 heats, Glasgow would have to beat Edinburgh at the 'dale to qualify for the Semi-finals of the Trophy. After the Super heat and what a super heat it was, Glasgow will have to beat Edinburgh.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, edmon said:

Have you ever a good thing to say about Edinburgh?  No thought not.

A good number from Edinburgh off to Poland for the GP, all booked before the fixture was arranged.

Aye nice castle 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

I love winning in Glasgow even more so if they feel a little hard done by. Has Cami calmed down yet?

I’m fine with it , best team by a small margin won on the night it’s that simple.

Sometimes Cami should take a few days to decide what he’s saying rather than say the first thing that enters his head.

His soundbites are getting tiresome.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Some great racing last night and some controversy. The bottom line is that if the result had been declared after 15 heats, Glasgow would have to beat Edinburgh at the 'dale to qualify for the Semi-finals of the Trophy. After the Super heat and what a super heat it was, Glasgow will have to beat Edinburgh.

Not really, wether the "stupid heat" rule existed it not, Glasgow can draw at Edinburgh & go through.

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Not really, wether the "stupid heat" rule existed it not, Glasgow can draw at Edinburgh & go through.

Well, we'd need to win the Super Heat, which I guess is technically a draw, but it kinda feels like a win/loss scenario!

5 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

They were a strong team, but not Championship material till they signed Tarasenko on a 5.00 imo.

If they can find another heat leader with a second string average, could be contenders again. If not mid-table side.

1 minute ago, Noelinho said:

Well, we'd need to win the Super Heat, which I guess is technically a draw, but it kinda feels like a win/loss scenario!

You can't really goto a match & "aim for a draw" so yeah, they'll be after a victory.

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

They were a strong team, but not Championship material till they signed Tarasenko on a 5.00 imo.

If they can find another heat leader with a second string average, could be contenders again. If not mid-table side.

It’s such a short League season they would have to act quickly.They really lost the backbone of last seasons Team in Vissing and Brennan,who were supporting Harris and Basso especially at Home.

• Like 1

Good to see cami has got over this crying still in the speedway star. Going to put a formal complaint in. Also comping he got a fine for swearing and shouting at the ref. 

Really didn’t help himself but does make you laugh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Good to see cami has got over this crying still in the speedway star. Going to put a formal complaint in. Also comping he got a fine for swearing and shouting at the ref. 

Really didn’t help himself but does make you laugh.

This could have been easily solved if they streamed meetings as better footage for the ref. 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

This could have been easily solved if they streamed meetings as better footage for the ref. 

Referee is not allowed to use that footage. I think you can only review footage from Eurosport and BSN.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Referee is not allowed to use that footage. I think you can only review footage from Eurosport and BSN.

I can understand that footage from an in-house stream might be considered as possibly being tilted in one direction or another.   BSN and Eurosport can be talked as 'neutral' in coverage. 

• Like 1

02.2.11 g)  The referee can use muli angle replay technology supplied by Eurosport, BSN and the tracks own streaming service, via a monitor.

• Thanks 1