British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Edinburgh BSN Cup 10/5/24@7-30

BSN Cup v the Monarchs take two tomorrow night , and with the weather looking fair we should get past heat 6 this time . 

We are at full strength with Ace Pijper back and Jack Smith continuing in place of Lee Complin . 

In the original running we started really well and the Monarchs were just beginning to chip into our early lead when the anti-speedway weather intervened . So we have to stay on it as I think these two meetings against Edinburgh will result in home wins , with the bonus point deciding who wins the group .

• Like 2

Switched places . Starke at 2 , Pearson at 4 . Obviously fearing a Castagna heat 14 special 

• Like 1

The result depends on very much what kye and paco turn up on Friday.

We will get heavily outscored at reserve as smith been scoring well at Ashfield and ace should have the beating of Coles and James should he stay on his bike. 

Small note on the first leg a £4 refund out of £20 to watch 6 races is a bit of a robbery, by that’s the rules I suppose. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

The result depends on very much what kye and paco turn up on Friday.

We will get heavily outscored at reserve as smith been scoring well at Ashfield and ace should have the beating of Coles and James should he stay on his bike. 

Small note on the first leg a £4 refund out of £20 to watch 6 races is a bit of a robbery, by that’s the rules I suppose. 

They used to be more generous. I’m not sure why they stopped - made me wonder if the league told them to. It’s a bad rule, although it does make season tickets more appealing. I also think heat 10 is too early - I’d say heat 12 minimum.

Should be a good meeting. A lot of eyes on Paul Starke, especially now he’s at 2. We aren’t in the habit of dropping riders, but I feel he might become an exception if he doesn’t improve.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Noelinho said:

They used to be more generous. I’m not sure why they stopped - made me wonder if the league told them to. It’s a bad rule, although it does make season tickets more appealing. I also think heat 10 is too early - I’d say heat 12 minimum.

Should be a good meeting. A lot of eyes on Paul Starke, especially now he’s at 2. We aren’t in the habit of dropping riders, but I feel he might become an exception if he doesn’t improve.

Pretty sure there was no league directive as Edinburgh had a far more generous discount last year. It really is a rip off and needs upgrading as the £1 per race has been the allowance for years. Updating it to £2 per race would be a step in the right direction but still not a great deal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Pretty sure there was no league directive as Edinburgh had a far more generous discount last year. It really is a rip off and needs upgrading as the £1 per race has been the allowance for years. Updating it to £2 per race would be a step in the right direction but still not a great deal. 

Yeah, for me the biggest rip off is having a result from two thirds of a meeting, and the nonsense of showing any old parade on track to get to the fabled "10 heat result", which is all about saving money and nothing about giving fans a good product.

Which is one reason I don't mind early call offs, when they're designed to not waste fans' time for rubbish like that.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Noelinho said:

On 3.52 he would be very difficult to replace. He is only 0.02 above Complin who could find himself in the 1 - 5 at the next set of averages if Starkey's average keeps heading south.

38 minutes ago, MD said:

On 3.52 he would be very difficult to replace. He is only 0.02 above Complin who could find himself in the 1 - 5 at the next set of averages if Starkey's average keeps heading south.

Could make 2 changes when you need to replace Complin.

7 hours ago, MD said:

Yes, this is a problem. However, our riders' averages aren't going up. Starke's rolling average is actually already below Lee's - 3.43. Didn't imagine Lee possibly getting out of reserve without putting the bike on the track.

That said, Starke has two matches before the next averages come out, so maybe he'll find something.

• Like 1

This result could go either way depending upon whether Starke, Stevie W, Kye and Paco turn up and produce a good showing. None of them have been consistent this season but maybe they can all start putting that right tonight and we'll see some great derby action.

Edited by Nickinho

31 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

This result could go either way depending upon whether Starke, Stevie W, Kye and Paco turn up and produce a good showing. None of them have been consistent this season but maybe they can all start putting that right tonight and we'll see some great derby action.

Remember listening to the podcast a couple of weeks ago and Klindt said about the difficulties of bike set ups in cold weather and said Steve Worrall said he has the same problem. Interesting that he decided to ride in Scotland! But I'm guessing it is even warm up there today!! :D

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Remember listening to the podcast a couple of weeks ago and Klindt said about the difficulties of bike set ups in cold weather and said Steve Worrall said he has the same problem. Interesting that he decided to ride in Scotland! But I'm guessing it is even warm up there today!! :D

Positively "taps aff" 24 degrees currently. Sitting out the back turning my arms into a squash em as we speak!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Forecast to be between 18 and 20 degrees at 8pm at Ashfield, so we can probably expect a maximum from him tonight. If he doesn’t start to perform soon the frosty receptions he’s likely to get won’t help his set-up problems……lol

• Haha 2