British Speedway Forum

Workington v Glasgow 11/05/24 3pm (Ch)

20 minutes ago, Weeyin said:

I hate the win at all costs attitude,  we have a great venue and racetrack and yes I enjoy winning but no one will top Poole this season

Win occasionally is now the expectation but totally agree the standard of racing is second to none.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MB723 said:

If every rider scored their average the team would lose to be fair

My concern or frustration would be with riders not making theirs, all league meetings to be fair are now two legged affairs fighting over 5 potential points.

Going away from home if you can match or score just over your average it leaves the challenge at home far more manageable. Sitting on a 8/9 average your not going to put much on it if any.

Your number 3, Second strings and reserves is where I'd be looking for increases

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

My concern or frustration would be with riders not making theirs, all league meetings to be fair are now two legged affairs fighting over 5 potential points.

Going away from home if you can match or score just over your average it leaves the challenge at home far more manageable. Sitting on a 8/9 average your not going to put much on it if any.

Your number 3, Second strings and reserves is where I'd be looking for increases

I completely agree, but when some riders are struggling you should also expect your higher average riders to be picking up some of the slack, especially if you arent scoring in your 2 big rides in 13 and 15.

57 minutes ago, MB723 said:

I completely agree, but when some riders are struggling you should also expect your higher average riders to be picking up some of the slack, especially if you arent scoring in your 2 big rides in 13 and 15.

That's the only part of Steve I'm not a fan of, if he ain't out the gate fast, he isn't going to be hanging off the bike for 4 laps riding the kickboards to get the win and that is most definitely lacking in heats 13 and 15. 

But what I'd say Glasgow's major issue is we're going in to far too many heat 13's and 15's needing a 5-1/4-2 because we've been put in that position with the middle order lacking heat advantages in their programmed rides up to that point.

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

That's the only part of Steve I'm not a fan of, if he ain't out the gate fast, he isn't going to be hanging off the bike for 4 laps riding the kickboards to get the win and that is most definitely lacking in heats 13 and 15. 

But what I'd say Glasgow's major issue is we're going in to far too many heat 13's and 15's needing a 5-1/4-2 because we've been put in that position with the middle order lacking heat advantages in their programmed rides up to 

Edited by Fromafar

16 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

But what I'd say Glasgow's major issue is we're going in to far too many heat 13's and 15's needing a 5-1/4-2 because we've been put in that position with the middle order lacking heat advantages in their programmed rides up to that point.

You kinda need Lawson don't you! He loves the pressure heats when you need a 5-1 to win. Steve is opposite, the less pressure the better. 

(This is going by what they say in streaming and press conference interviews in the past). 

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You kinda need Lawson don't you! He loves the pressure heats when you need a 5-1 to win. Steve is opposite, the less pressure the better. 

(This is going by what they say in streaming and press conference interviews in the past). 

We had Basso, we had Claus we had Uly. All fighters. Just a change in team construction this year.

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Would agree Worrell is not  usually the man for pressure Heats but he maintains a good average.No easy races at Ashfield though,unlike making the gate at Poole

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Agree, one more point from anyone further down the order would have seen us win. Fine margins this season.

Most teams seem to be close to each other in the Championship this season , so fine margins indeed , Worky had some bad luck with Efs and re starts but so have other teams that will work against them.

14 minutes ago, topaz325 said:

Most teams seem to be close to each other in the Championship this season , so fine margins indeed , Worky had some bad luck with Efs and re starts but so have other teams that will work against them.

Think it is going to be a tight a League,but if the Cook Bros find last seasons form it’s Pooles to lose IMO.

43 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think it is going to be a tight a League,but if the Cook Bros find last seasons form it’s Pooles to lose IMO.

Can’t see any team other than Poole winning the league this year…..unless there is an unexpected astute signing made somewhere or someone miraculously hits super form. As you say, it’s very tight between the rest. 

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Would agree Worrell is not  usually the man for pressure Heats but he maintains a good average.No easy races at Ashfield though,unlike making the gate at Poole

You seemed to cope ok with the Poole track last season considering you only have to gate to win apparently.

22 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Ok but you seem to think you only have to gate to win races at Poole.

What I was suggesting that it is easier too win if you make the gate at Poole than it is at Ashfield as even Worrell has found out.Good riders can pass for fun At Glasgow as has been witnessed over the last few seasons.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

What I was suggesting that it is easier too win if you make the gate at Poole than it is at Ashfield as even Worrell has found out.Good riders can pass for fun At Glasgow as has been witnessed over the last few seasons.

I agree with that, it seems easier to pass at Ashfield although you would  think a rider of Worrall's ability should be able to pass at any track. Also it would seem his form has dipped a bit this season.

20 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I agree with that, it seems easier to pass at Ashfield although you would  think a rider of Worrall's ability should be able to pass at any track. Also it would seem his form has dipped a bit this season.

Just a bit.