British Speedway Forum

Workington v Glasgow 11/05/24 3pm (Ch)

11 minutes ago, Neila said:

Maybe came among the tigger fans to say bye bye as you seem to want to getĀ  rid of himĀ 

Am I being unreasonable to imagine that a seriously under-performing riderā€™s team spot is at risk? Are we no longer talking about a competitive sport?

22 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Result-aside, that was a great meeting. Massive credit to Steve Lawson and Workington for creating a great track.

Iā€™m always reluctant to share these opinions because they risk their safety for our entertainment, so Iā€™ll say this; if Glasgow Tigersā€™ management hold any ambitions of defending their title, Starke and Flint wonā€™t be employees of the club for much longer.

I might be looking into it too much, but Starke leaving the pits to grab a can from the burger van during the meeting, Harrisā€™ rather petulant display of handing his bike over to his mechanic after heat eleven and the fact that Cami Brown and Alan Dick jumped in their car and exited the stadium before most fans suggests, if I was a conspiracy theorist, that all is not well with the reigning champions.

Credit to Pearson and Pijper, though. I thought they gave a decent account of themselves, all things considered.

pleased a glasgow fan also noted bombers little dummy throw after what wahs a great heat of speedway the glasgow fans near us didnt or more to the point didnt want to admit what everyone sawĀ 

im sure you see more than other fans but i do get the impression there is pressure on the glasgow riders and all is not sweatĀ 

always had time for glasgow but im guessing something sour is going onĀ 

speedway is dangerous riders dont need pressure put on them to perform higher than they can for what ever reasonĀ 

for what its worth i think thats the fastest ive ever seen jack smith rideĀ 

and last week both riders from glasgow went well at workingtonĀ 

but not as good todayĀ 

Ā 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

pleased a glasgow fan also noted bombers little dummy throw after what wahs a great heat of speedway the glasgow fans near us didnt or more to the point didnt want to admit what everyone sawĀ 

im sure you see more than other fans but i do get the impression there is pressure on the glasgow riders and all is not sweatĀ 

always had time for glasgow but im guessing something sour is going onĀ 

speedway is dangerous riders dont need pressure put on them to perform higher than they can for what ever reasonĀ 

for what its worth i think thats the fastest ive ever seen jack smith rideĀ 

and last week both riders from glasgow went well at workingtonĀ 

but not as good todayĀ 

Ā 

Yeah, I thought that was poor. It obviously wasnā€™t meant to be, but it was quite disrespectful to his mechanic. A large reason top level sportsmen are at the top is because of their composure.

What caused it? Harris was worse in heats 13 and 15. Did he feel Starke got in his way exiting the fourth bend?

The Cami Brown and Alan Dick departure was bizarre too. They were speeding away before I had even left the stadium and I didnā€™t hang around after the last heat.Ā 

Well that was an entertaining meeting and some good races, and plenty of tigger fans to enjoy all the northside arena has to offer. With the comets taking the bonus point looks like the reigning triple H18TORY making comets are better than the reigning championsĀ :D

Yes the tigers are underperforming, the team was built to be strong at reserve with the strong reserve yet to turn a wheel. All those calling for a Starke replacement, who could you possibly get in to replace him on 3.5 points?

If bomber and James push their averages up which looks likely then the 0.5 increase to team building in June won't help either.

So one for one for Starke won't work so to replace him you have to drop someone else.........Ā 

Ā 

17 minutes ago, Neila said:

Apparently starke at reserve next Month,Ā  may score some points for you then, if not will be like our reserves and score not many !!

Starke will only be at reserve of Lee is back (or Ace is dropped, I guess). A lot riding on next Wednesday's hearing. Hard to be sure about anything until we've had that.

2 hours ago, Neila said:

It was after his final ride and was a very hotĀ day may have ran out of drink supply in the pits, at least the comets got some money out of him . would be more worried if he got into his van and went to AsdaĀ 

Very True he was finished in the meeting and there was no drinks or water left Ā in the pits or at the snack bar or ice cream van and the meeting had also Ā stopped as the medics were in the crowd and he was going for something to drink and went to the stall right at the pit gate but it only had T shirts he was back in the pits for the start of the last heatĀ 

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

Yes the tigers are underperforming, the team was built to be strong at reserve with the strong reserve yet to turn a wheel. All those calling for a Starke replacement, who could you possibly get in to replace him on 3.5 points?

If bomber and James push their averages up which looks likely then the 0.5 increase to team building in June won't help either.

So one for one for Starke won't work so to replace him you have to drop someone else.........Ā 

Ā 

Flint. No brainer.

3 hours ago, Neila said:

Well that was an entertaining meeting and some good races, and plenty of tigger fans to enjoy all the northside arena has to offer. With the comets taking the bonus point looks like the reigning triple H18TORY making comets are better than the reigning championsĀ :D

Wouldnā€™t be difficult.

10 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Yeah, I thought that was poor. It obviously wasnā€™t meant to be, but it was quite disrespectful to his mechanic. A large reason top level sportsmen are at the top is because of their composure.

What caused it? Harris was worse in heats 13 and 15. Did he feel Starke got in his way exiting the fourth bend?

The Cami Brown and Alan Dick departure was bizarre too. They were speeding away before I had even left the stadium and I didnā€™t hang around after the last heat.Ā 

If they had won cami would have been right in front of the cameras,spoke to alanĀ  dick and michael max both had lots of praise about northside,didnt see the glasgow owners though!

• Like 1

Great day at Workington, we got beat but got more points than I thought,Ā although we were lucky with a few of them , well doneĀ  Comets, a team to watch this season for sure, you do have my fave as yourĀ  number 1, as for the tiggers, I think this is a year to enjoy the racing. I have followed them a long time and remember the days when we celebrated getting 30 away from homeĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Weeyin said:

Great day at Workington, we got beat but got more points than I thought,Ā although we were lucky with a few of them , well doneĀ  Comets, a team to watch this season for sure, you do have my fave as yourĀ  number 1, as for the tiggers, I think this is a year to enjoy the racing. I have followed them a long time and remember the days when we celebrated getting 30 away from homeĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Shows how far expectations have declined , we now turn up expecting to lose only part we donā€™t know is by how much.

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Shows how far expectations have declined , we now turn up expecting to lose only part we donā€™t know is by how much.

I hate the win at all costs attitude,Ā  we have a great venue and racetrack and yes I enjoy winning but no one will top Poole this season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Breaking News

Rider reacts when he lost a race......!!!

Thirsty rider goes in search of a drink .:o

Team manager seen getting into a car.:blink:

Rider on a 8 average scores 9, fans not impressed!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Rider on a 8 average scores 9, fans not impressed!!

While this looks good on paper he's usually getting 5 rides for his 9 points so averaging nearer 7, probably under taking into account his 3 points effort last weekĀ