British Speedway Forum

Workington v Glasgow 11/05/24 3pm (Ch)

Another one bites the dust! Our ht13 &15 conversion rate is rather poor this year. I think someone will be doing the numbers at Ashfield this weekend, we are distinctly average.

Result aside hope the travelling Glasgow fans enjoyed a good days racing. Best racing this season down at northside. Fantastic meeting, great crowd and fantastic result for the comets!

• Like 1

Just now, CTD26 said:

Result aside hope the travelling Glasgow fans enjoyed a good days racing. Best racing this season down at northside. Fantastic meeting, great crowd and fantastic result for the comets!

We did , its a brilliant track and I have great friends among the Comets supportĀ 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Paulco said:

We did , its a brilliant track and I have great friends among the Comets supportĀ 

Best fans in speedway (apart from comets of course) was having a good couple of conversations with some Glasgow fans on turn 3. Hope itā€™s not your only visit this year!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Best fans in speedway (apart from comets of course) was having a good couple of conversations with some Glasgow fans on turn 3. Hope itā€™s not your only visit this year!

No I'll be back in a fortnight at Bank Holiday weekendĀ 

• Like 3

Ā Craig cook is still a class act at this level, his gating was on another level,Ā easily the best rider on show today. Looks on the heavy side, if he can sort that he could be back to his best?Ā 

3 minutes ago, Midget said:

Ā Craig cook is still a class act at this level, his gating was on another level,Ā easily the best rider on show today. Looks on the heavy side, if he can sort that he could be back to his best?Ā 

Cookie was fantastic as always, but I think batch was the best comet today. Used all his experience to get his winsĀ 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Midget said:

He isnā€™t heavy, I did think the same at first to be honest. He just wears an awful lot of padding.
Heā€™s still in the gym boxing and looks trim without a race suit on

Not surprised he scored 16 at Sheffield with the level of his gating this season, has been electricĀ 

1 minute ago, Marksman said:

He isnā€™t heavy, I did think the same at first to be honest. He just wears an awful lot of padding.
Heā€™s still in the gym boxing and looks trim without a race suit on

Not surprised he scored 16 at Sheffield with the level of his gating this season, has been electricĀ 

I wonder if that started when he rode for KL?Ā 

Good meeting and a decent crowd including many Tigers fans .

Batch looking very classy today , and some tough races when Bomber was involved with some very close finishes on the line.

Cookie missed out on another big score with belt failure when well ahead also Comets on a 5-1 when the race was stopped due to a collision the the restart resulted in a 3-3 but thatā€™s Speedway.Ā 

• Like 2

Result-aside, that was a great meeting. Massive credit to Steve Lawson and Workington for creating a great track.

Iā€™m always reluctant to share these opinions because they risk their safety for our entertainment, so Iā€™ll say this; if Glasgow Tigersā€™ management hold any ambitions of defending their title, Starke and Flint wonā€™t be employees of the club for much longer.

I might be looking into it too much, but Starke leaving the pits to grab a can from the burger van during the meeting, Harrisā€™ rather petulant display of handing his bike over to his mechanic after heat eleven and the fact that Cami Brown and Alan Dick jumped in their car and exited the stadium before most fans suggests, if I was a conspiracy theorist, that all is not well with the reigning champions.

Credit to Pearson and Pijper, though. I thought they gave a decent account of themselves, all things considered.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Starkeļ»æ ļ»æleavingļ»æ ļ»ætheļ»æ pits to grab a can from the burger van during the meeting,

It was after his final ride and was a very hotĀ day may have ran out of drink supply in the pits, at least the comets got some money out of him . would be more worried if he got into his van and went to AsdaĀ 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Neila said:

It was after his final ride and was a very hotĀ day may have ran out of drink supply in the pits, at least the comets got some money out of him . would be more worried if he got into his van and went to AsdaĀ 

He didnā€™t pay for it; he clenched his fist and held it up to the little girl serving. She did nothing. Coward.

On a serious note, I donā€™t know. Is it normal behaviour for a rider who hasnā€™t finished ahead of an adult maleĀ in any of his four races to venture in amongst the punters? Might be. Might not. Who knows?

Fantastic meeting, Comets worthy of the win. Craig looked brilliant, as did Tate and Batch.

Bomber was fast, but didn't gate well, and the home riders weren't getting caught. He seemed quite frustrated after his third ride.

We've seen some fantastic racing over the last couple of days. We're not retaining the league title, but we're having fun losing it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Is it normal behaviour for a rider who hasnā€™t finished ahead of an adult maleĀ in any of his four races to venture in amongst the punters? Might be. Might not. Who knows?

That's a bit below the belt.