British Speedway Forum

Has there been any update on what has happened with Lee? I heard he failed some type of drugs test but haven’t heard anything on this since. Does anyone have any info? 

34 minutes ago, Filth said:

Has there been any update on what has happened with Lee? I heard he failed some type of drugs test but haven’t heard anything on this since. Does anyone have any info? 

Don’t think his case has been heard yet.

• Thanks 1

Sunday should be the last day of his 30 day suspension.

1 hour ago, Filth said:

SCB hearing set for mid May, read somewhere 14th.

Glasgow signed Jack Smith last week for 28 days to cover Lee's suspension as guest facility was ending.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Filth said:

Probably working at some rubbish tip somewhere -_-

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, iainb said:

Probably working at some rubbish tip somewhere -_-

Unlikely. I was just curious to know if there was any update on his case. I’d be really surprised if there was anything nefarious in his system, I have known Lee personally for some years and he is a good guy. Im hoping it all works out for him and that he’s not done anything silly

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Filth said:

Unlikely. I was just curious to know if there was any update on his case. I’d be really surprised if there was anything nefarious in his system, I have known Lee personally for some years and he is a good guy. Im hoping it all works out for him and that he’s not done anything silly

It was pain relief for a mouth abscess that had a banned substance in it. The onus was down to Lee to check this which he hadn't or he wouldn't have received a ban.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

It was pain relief for a mouth abscess that had a banned substance in it. The onus was down to Lee to check this which he hadn't or he wouldn't have received a ban.

That’s a real shame. Thanks for letting me know 

Surely the hearing should have been heard during the suspension. NOT after it, which seems contrary to natural justice. While Glasgow dont have any meetings in the intervening days, it seems he is not allowed to practice on a BSPL track, nor be picked up as a guest. 

Edited by Beirao
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Surely the hearing should have been heard during the suspension. NOT after it, which seems contrary to natural justice. While Glasgow dont have any meetings in the intervening days, it seems he is not allowed to practice on a BSPL track, nor be picked up as a guest. 

Perhaps if he had been more careful he wouldn’t have a ban.He’s been around long enough to know the rules.Wonder why he did not declare the medication he was on.It might have made a difference to how it is being handled.

45 minutes ago, Beirao said:

Usually when hearings are delayed it is at the request of the appellant (to allow them more tome to prepare case, availability of witnesses, legal representation etc). 

• Like 2

On 5/8/2024 at 4:24 PM, Gazc said:

Really, it will be interesting to see if the SCB name the banned substance.

From SCB Website

Due to this Breach Mr Complin SCB Registration has been suspended with immediate effect for a period of 30 days as of the 12th April 2024 pending a SCB Disciplinary Court Hearing

So the disciplinary should have been heard by now?

But nothing on SCB website about it!

12 minutes ago, secsy1 said:

From SCB Website

Due to this Breach Mr Complin SCB Registration has been suspended with immediate effect for a period of 30 days as of the 12th April 2024 pending a SCB Disciplinary Court Hearing

So the disciplinary should have been heard by now?

But nothing on SCB website about it!

Sure I read other posters saying it is on 14th or 15th May. Complin may have asked for extra time like Richie Worrall did.